Callaway XR OS Irons Preview

I really don't think they're going to be hard to differentiate at all myself, besides the hosel stamping the blue in the cavity is more different than you think. I don't disagree that an os in there would clarify even more, but I kind of like that they didn't to keep that cavity just a bit cleaner.

I really don't think they're going to be hard to differentiate at all myself, besides the hosel stamping the blue in the cavity is more different than you think. I don't disagree that an os in there would clarify even more, but I kind of like that they didn't to keep that cavity just a bit cleaner.

Just looking at the back of the sole will help tell the difference between the two as well.

I like the look of these. They are pretty sharp looking.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I am going to guess you have seen them side-by-side?

If the blue in the cavity is obviously different, and I am assuming that the difference in size of the 2 clubs is obvious then I don't doubt you for a second, but not having seen them side-by-side those were my initial thoughts which maybe someone less knowledgeable might not realise the difference (assuming apart from cost)

These are perfect in every way for my game. Why must these companies torment me?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to guess you have seen them side-by-side?

If the blue in the cavity is obviously different, and I am assuming that the difference in size of the 2 clubs is obvious then I don't doubt you for a second, but not having seen them side-by-side those were my initial thoughts which maybe someone less knowledgeable might not realise the difference (assuming apart from cost)

Pictures are awesome :alien:

DSC_0648-XL.jpg

Lifestyle_MGL8657-L.jpg

20150328_141031-L.jpg

Thanks James, I am going to guess the middle picture you posted is the new OS?

Seeing those pics next to each other, it is now more obvious about the differences, especially the blue that runs along the whole of the cavity rather than just under the XR logo, and also the location of the Cup 360 logo is different as well

I like the look on these. I wonder if there is going to be a pro version of these?

DSC_0648-XL.jpg

Lifestyle_MGL8657-L.jpg

20150328_141031-L.jpg
[/QUOTE]

There is a Pro Version "XR Pro".........pictured in last photo

Terrya22 said:
There is a Pro Version "XR Pro".........pictured in last photo

No, the middle pic is of the XR OS irons and the others are the previous generations XR and XR Pro to show the aesthetics differences since there was some debate on that issue.

no, the middle pic is of the xr os irons and the others are the previous generations xr and xr pro to show the aesthetics differences since there was some debate on that issue.

my bad..............sorry

You don't think they're going to be hard to differentiate and I don't either but someone who doesn't look at equipment daily and is up to speed on new releases may struggle to tell the difference. Maybe maybe not. Who knows. It was just my first thought and I may be way off base

Gotta admit... I like what I'm hearing about these. I'm liking it a lot!

What beautiful looking iron. The technology is definitely awesome. Really like these. I could switch to these and be happy.

Had a chance to hit these yesterday with a few different shaft options. Definitely saw distance gains but what stood out was how high the ball launched, these will get on up there, not balloon balls, just high and strong. Ultimately the sole may be a bit wide for me as I come in shallow I tend to hit wider soled irons fat.

Last edited:
I hit these and purchased a set. They go much higher than the XRs and are far more forgiving. The distance was similar. They are better than the Big Berthas on thin shots. The feel is quite different from the XRs or the Berthas. As high as the ball flew, I was shocked that the ball went as far as the XRs because the XRs are real long. They must be relatively low spinning irons. I'm going to really enjoy these!

All this talk is killing me, I'm going to have to hit these now and pine over them afterwards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hit these today on my lunch break. The sound and feel are so much better than I thought they would be. The ball just gets up there and goes.

They're huge, though, at least in my eyes. I hit them next to the Cobra Max and the D200s, and they were big by comparison. But after a few hits, I didn't care because they were automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good feedback russtopher

Hit the 7I today. Didn't look huge to me. I actually think the face front to back is not tha long and frames the ball nicely. Really liked the launch I was seeing. Distance was on the high end for a 7I for me. I likey.

Would be interested in the launch #s between these and last years XR and XR Pros.

Good looking irons. Will be interesting reading the reviewers reviews. :comp:

No, the middle pic is of the XR OS irons and the others are the previous generations XR and XR Pro to show the aesthetics differences since there was some debate on that issue.

Thanks for those pics, I definitely think I like the looks of the OS the best of the 3.

I hit this today and it was awesome. More forgiving than last year XR. I was thinking about switching from my Srixon Z545 because lack of practice time and I need graphite shafts. It's more forgiving and longer than my 545 as well. Ball goes up faster. Thick sole and thick top line don't bother me as much as bad score.

Does anyone have side by side views to compare just how much larger these look versus last year's version?

Back