Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Scrambling

Votes: 15 15.3%
  • Bunker Play

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 18.4%

• Total voters
To answer my own question...I'm going wedges. It's something I work on a lot and it's something I would love to be one of the first names people think of when they think of wedge play. I love being in a greenside bunker or hitting a poor 2nd shot only to break hearts and put one within a foot on my 3rd putting the pressure back on my opponent.

It would be putting if I could choose. Its also the worst part of my game

Putting, because it's the great equalizer.

Silky smooth swing with a short game to die for.

I was on tapatalk, so I didn't realize this was a poll. I just voted for iron striking. It's something I've really struggled with, and playing with a few THPers who absolutely stripe their irons has left me drooling.

If I put other, does being one of the best and most thorough golf equipment reviewers on the planet count?

If I put other, does being one of the best and most thorough golf equipment reviewers on the planet count?

Nope doesn't count. But you've already got that one.

Putting. It can make up for a lot of evils from tee to green.

I want to be known for throwing darts at the flag. Get it close enough to the pin and putts will fall.

Short game for me, inclusive of putting. I love creative wedge shots and pulling off the impossible

Mistakes happen.

Scrambling encompasses creativity, smart play, a good short game and putting

Iron striking for me. Nothing beats watching someone just rip irons.

I agree, love watching you, trout and Canadan hit clubs.
Haha I appreciate the compliment Panda! Not sure I'm on their level yet, but I'm working towards it!!

Wedges/short game and scrambling/scoring..they're all kind of related, in my head, at least

Putting. The greens are where strokes are the most often lost.

Haha I appreciate the compliment Panda! Not sure I'm on their level yet, but I'm working towards it!!

When you start believing that you are on that level, you'll play much better. I don't throw out stuff like this too often. But I know all three of you games and if each had the resources, you guys could do something at higher levels.

I play with a lot of good golfers and very few ball strikers. You three have skills others clamor for.

Other, being a blast to play with! Nothing better than a couple of beers with friends while having a great time on the golf course.

From a golf shot standpoint, I'd have to go with being a lights out putter. Nothing frustrates competitors more than stealing a hole they thought was theirs by draining a putt... that kind of stuff can wear on you. I love it when my putter is on and I can be that guy... but hate it when I'm playing that guys

If it's my golf game, I would say my putting, and bunker play.

Personality, just like to have fun and have a good time.

I voted scrambling, but hopefully that is where Short Game comes in.

Short game is the great leveler of the field I think.

JM

Putting trumps all others ... no doubt. You can be a bad driver of the ball, scramble your way around a course and still make Par if you are a great putter. If I one putt every green and you two putt them all ... 36 vs 18 shots. I'm sure I'll take 18 every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Short game all day

What do you want to be known for?

i voted "other." i just want to be known for having a good swing. i love the golf swing, and seeing somebody with a good golf swing warms the cockles of my heart. i want to be a heart cockle warmer.

I've been told by a few people that I have a beautiful swing, and I just got my handicap below 30. Give me function over form any day.

Give me a hot putter, over anything else. I enjoy nothing more than draining putts, especially during competition as it just annoys the bajeebus out of people.

I'll take a crisp iron game anytime.

Won't make you score the best but damn it's impressive.

Back