I'm told I have a high ball flight. What is a high ball flight I don't know but my launch angle is a little over 15 and aoa is around 4.5/5.
Most people think high=bad, which it doesn't.

Solid numbers wouldn't change them if I were you except get the spin down.

Solid numbers wouldn't change them if I were you

I've seen many people hit the ball too high and suffer.

I've seen many people hit the ball too high and suffer.
Takes effort to launch a driver too high but I am sure some people do. Most launch too low though

Takes effort to launch a driver too high but I am sure some people do. Most launch too low though

Most launch too low, true. However, being st THP events and seeing guys hit the ball too high and suffer is no Bueno.

Depending on some factors and depending on who you ask but yes that is a decent number to shoot for 90-100

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks. At least I know what trajectory to shoot for.

Solid numbers wouldn't change them if I were you except get the spin down.

I love my ball flight. I don't think I'm too high but high enough.

Last edited:
I would say most amateurs hit a low to mid flight and high would be what tour players have...which many a rulers would consider too high for them when they hit that high.

I have no idea what my flight is and really don't care.What I care about is the final score at the end of the round.I don't play enough to just focus on the flight height.

People seem to be getting confused with ball flight and launch angle. Peak height and launch, while related, are not the same.

Interesting responses. I keep picking low on shaft fittings because I would prefer to keep the ball out of the wind. Just not sure how reliable online shaft fittings are if you can't understand the variables.

I get about 16° launch with the driver. I'll have to check next time what the peak height is. I'd call it high but not too high.

I try to get about a +3 degree AoA. I use an 11.5 degree loft. I usually end up with about a 14 to 14.5 degree launch angle which is supposed to be optimal. I know how to keep a ball out of the wind. Tee it a little lower and slightly further back.

Back