Callaway Apex UT Utility Iron

Played my first round with the 18 in the bag today!

I dropped a few balls when I was walking around to give it a good few hits!

I hit some bombs off the tee with this club tough to gauge distance though as the wind was blowing 20mph

One thing I will mention is how easy this thing is to hit off the deck!

But the mist impressive thing is the ability to control the trajectory!

I hit this from 190 into the teeth of the wind today! Low draw with a sawed off follow through and boom it was the number!
Down wind I could easily hit a high ball!

I think it may be spinning a little too much with the tour v will have a check on a GC2 within the next few days and see if there is anything that may be better! Thinking about a c taper to match my irons

Over all very versatile club I have finally filled that spot in the bag between 4i and 3wood which has been a nightmare as I'm not a hybo guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the APEX UT 18* with the C Taper lite shaft and its a bomber.. Low missiles. Love it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Love...love my bag still. With no woods but the big dog...these just flat out do it for me. Three amigoes baby.

Love...love my bag still. With no woods but the big dog...these just flat out do it for me. Three amigoes baby.
From what I'm seeing out of the 21 I'm strongly considering an 18!

From what I'm seeing out of the 21 I'm strongly considering an 18!

I just pulled the trigger on the 18 after a strong showing with the 21!

T'was a sad day yesterday in the Kulbick household. Trying to get a little more out of a tee shot, I got the ball VERY thin and heard a strange noise. The Recoil shaft in my 18° UT splintered just above the hosel. I've already gotten an email back from Brett at Callaway and a shipping label to send it back for replacement. Those guys are good.

3c5f1c6bc33c60a805bee826973bdaac.jpg

6ba8fb5073317207814ab94f0fc43809.jpg

That's too bad, but good on them for replacing.

I hit my stock with tour v stiff 18 on gc2 today against a UDI 3i with a recoil at 2 I length as a little test!

What I saw was quite surprising all are averaged after 5 shots

Club head speed
UDI 94
Apex 97.4

Ball speed
UDI 136.3
Apex 136.4

Launch
UDI 12.8
Apex 11.4

Spin
UDI 3331
Apex 3006

Peak Hight
UDI 29
Apex 24

Carry
UDI 215
Apex 215

Total
UDI 234
Apex 238

I was expecting a little more launch from the UDI due to more loft!

What j was t expecting was the rest of the numbers to be so close!

I think there is a little more in the cally due to club head speed which was a big shock!

Is the UDI hotter off the face?

I was prepared to change if the UDI could beat the cally but it just seams far too close!!

A pointless little review but thought j would share anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up one of these from pre-owned in "like new" condition for a stupid price. I'm really excited to add it to the bag to see if it gaps well between my 4 iron and 18* hybrid. Will be shafted with the Tour V which is what I play in my irons.

Who's still gaming one of these and why?

Just picked up one of these from pre-owned in "like new" condition for a stupid price. I'm really excited to add it to the bag to see if it gaps well between my 4 iron and 18* hybrid. Will be shafted with the Tour V which is what I play in my irons.

Hey Dan I currently have the 18* which is my tee club and just picked up a 24* from a fellow THPer. These clubs are just stupid easy to hit, feel great and explode off the face. Love thesw clubs because of the ease it is to hit but also the gappongs are great. I could never get along with hybrids or long irons but I have found my solution in these bad boys!

Your will love the Tour V in these as well. I have that and modus 120 in mine...the modus seems to get it a touch higher but love them both.

Benched the 24° for the time being cause coach said too and offered an awesome substitute to flip to the top side of the bag.

Still gaming the 21° and 18°...why...you will know soon enough...ha.

Even a miss with these are playable for me 98% of the time unless a get after it and pull it. Will pull either of these on a long Par 5 approach and feel I can get there...or green side close.

Will also put either in action off the tee if Driver is too much without a second thought.

Look forward to your smiles.

I've still got my 18° UT, or more specifically, the replacement for my original that splintered a shaft. I prefer looking down at an iron as opposed to a hybrid, so this fits the bill between my longest iron and my 4w. I use it off the tee and of the deck. As long as I put a half way decent swing on it, it goes where I want.

Still loving my 21* it's a go to fairway getter and long par 5 3i substitute

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice thoughts guys! I absolutely love that my fav iron shaft is stock. I want something that plays like a long 4 iron but forgives me a bit and I really think this may work out.

Should be in hand for the weekend rounds!

Nice thoughts guys! I absolutely love that my fav iron shaft is stock. I want something that plays like a long 4 iron but forgives me a bit and I really think this may work out.

Should be in hand for the weekend rounds!
This is exactly why I went with the 24*....I hope you enjoy the hell out of it and curious to here your thoughts man.

Bidding on one currently on the 'bay hope its as good as they say!

Got my "like new" 21° in. Not exactly as advertised but I paid nowhere near like new pricing so I'm not overly concerned. What does concern me is this build up on the face that I tried to clean of with water and a brush but it seems pretty resilient. Anyone see something like this before?

4cd82cc78ef2400cd084a7736d4795f6.jpg

4268239f3c4db62076f25dbbebefa3f7.jpg

f017b6d33d82a7e2336cdeb7616947dc.jpg

Got my "like new" 21° in. Not exactly as advertised but I paid nowhere near like new pricing so I'm not overly concerned. What does concern me is this build up on the face that I tried to clean of with water and a brush but it seems pretty resilient. Anyone see something like this before?

Can't say that I have, and I have to say that I'm really surprised that this is a "Like New." I think that maybe with one exception, every Like New club I've ever ordered from CPO has been completely new and the one that wasn't really was Like New. Even if you don't care about whether the condition was entirely accurate, I'd contact their customer service about the residue. I know that you already know this, but they've been phenomenal every time I've dealt with them.

My 21 degree Apex UT was my only non-new club I have received from them too but it was in better condition than that. I have to echo that I would reach out and see what happened - that's not like new in my eyes.

The finish is pretty susceptible to scuffing, so if that's the only issue it's no big deal. As long as these little elements can be removed I'm totally fine with the condition even if it doesn't meet what Callaway has overdone themselves with in the past.

Is it some sort of tape?

Is it some sort of tape?

I'm not sure. I tried to run a knife across it a bit to see if it caught but it didn't at all. Just a couple of silver lines in the area where it's 'tape' looking.

Just sent an email to Callaway Preowned to see if they had an idea of what would have caused it. It's quite strange as it's not something I've seen before so I'm more befuddled than concerned.

Went to and hit my Apex 24* today and it is exactly what I needed in the bag....for some reason any club greater than a 5 iron was to difficult for me to hit and get in the air consistently. This club is money!

Back