Would You Use Lead Tape?

I've seen it used obviously, but I've never felt I needed to use it personally. I'm not against, but I've never tried it.

I have never used it. I have seen it on clubs and bought clubs with it on, but I always remove it.

Permanently? No. I'd pull the head and add tip weights.

Temporarily? Sure. That or dimes taped to the clubs.

I've often mentioned that I'm a fan of vintage fairway metal woods because the modern ones tend to be too upright and too strong lofted.

Well, other than Henry-Griffitts customs, I saw some off the shelf modern metals that caught my eye as being very hittable--

the Ping Rhapsody models made primarily for women.

I couldn't tell anything with the skinny grips and fly rod shafts, and they swing at C5, but the club head shapes jump out as being very much to my liking.

When a used set comes onto EBay some time, I can try my luck with new shafts and plenty of lead tape.

I don't think I can bring my self to use it. I like things to look nice and this just makes them look like it has a big wart/mole on it. So for me, nope. I will end up getting a heavier shaft or something along those lines.

I just applied it to my putter but would prefer I didn't have to.

I would

Use out on the heel of my driver and 3 wood mostly for "feel"

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not worried about the looks, but makes me feel like I bought the wrong fitted club for me ... I would prefer to buy a club that did not need the tape ...

I know I am off base, but I feel like it would be putting lipstick on a pig as they said in my neck of the woods ...

I have pieces on the heel of my driver about two inches long and about 4 deep to add a little more SW and help get the head back to square. Might be BS, but I think it helps, so that means it helps.

Each to their own, but personally I think that looks terrible with tape on the clubs like that, makes them look cheap and nasty in my eyes
I don't care how they look, it's how they perform and the tape gets them to the right weight for my swing. You can't see the tape at address and I don't really care what they look like in the bag as long as they swing the way I want. :curl-lip:

No, I would not use it. I'd hate to have a gray strip stuck to the bottom of my club.

6ae3af9578b8aeb801f3c31bbc612285.jpg

Yep, as I stated earlier and here's the proof.

Every club but my wedges.

81D1EF38-C227-4A21-B285-ED26078E3BC7_zpsy7lsflrp.jpg

And plenty more where that came from.

796718A2-8EFD-4E6B-B22A-B488213C520D_zpsihihrcdp.jpg

Sure, I have used it before and I have actually been thinking about putting a little on the heel side of my 3W to help square up the face

Use it often, working with the 4 wood now as I need some weight to help keep the face square at impact

I've used it in a heartbeat. It has its uses.

If I really needed it, sure why not.

I don't think I've ever played a round of golf where one or more of the clubs in my bag didn't have lead tape on them, at least not in the last 35 years. Nearly all of my drivers have lead tape on the head because they've been shortened and most don't have weight screws or I can't get heavier screws from the manufacture. Many of my putters have lead tape or 3M self adhesive wheel weight tape on them.

photography-3m-wheel-weights-61403.jpg
BlobServlet

Currently my 3 wood has lead tape to change two swing points. My putter has wheel weights. Does not bother me at all

I try not to and build with the desired balance but otherwise yes I use it.
I had to use it when I reshafted my SLDR, not way to add weight easily.

Anyone have a good source for the wide stuff? (2" wide)

If can help my game, I would definitely use it. Doesn't bother me.

Back