THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

For the captains, since there may be some guys who have never played The Ranch or may have only once before the event, will this influence your pairings at all?

For the want to be players, how does your game adjust to a new course or one you haven't played much?

To the second question for my own game it can vary depending on the layout. Sometimes it helps a lot because I'm not overthinking certain shots at the same time not knowing the landing areas or greens can get into my head and make it so I'm not comfortable with a lot of club selections.

For the captains, since there may be some guys who have never played The Ranch or may have only once before the event, will this influence your pairings at all?

For the want to be players, how does your game adjust to a new course or one you haven't played much?

To the second question for my own game it can vary depending on the layout. Sometimes it helps a lot because I'm not overthinking certain shots at the same time not knowing the landing areas or greens can get into my head and make it so I'm not comfortable with a lot of club selections.

Well, I can't hold that against them, since I've only played it once, and that wasn't recently. ddec and I are planning on getting there before the event though, so that will change. That's an interesting question on pairings. I guess if I had enough guys with strong course knowledge, that might be a good way to pair up, but I'm going to look at how people's games work together first and foremost.

For me, I will tend to play a bit more conservatively the first time I play a new course, unless I've got someone who I trust giving me the lay of the land. Since this is a 27 hole event, everyone should be on even ground going through the second time. But in general, it's middle of greens, avoiding blind shots when I'm not 100% sure what's on the other side.

For me on a new course, I'm fairly comfortable as long as my swing is solid. I trust my Bushnell and knowing my club yardages, strengths and weaknesses. Probably won't hit driver all day. Maybe on the 3rd nine. I usually fair well first time out. It's usually when I get comfortable with a course I start taking chances that I shouldn't.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OK, so here are the folks I've heard from that have expressed interest in #TeamNE

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
OITW
MBurnham
The_Dude
BCape9
CMedina84
TeedUpThoughts
Drew Z
Scarnici
rickterp
Goodkat
Tom0227
russtopher

If I missed you, please let me know - some folks didn't pay attention to the original instructions, and I had to comb through the thread instead of PMs. :act-up:

Glad to see a lot of participation on the forum from the majority of the guys. Keep it up!

OK, so here are the folks I've heard from that have expressed interest in #TeamNE

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
OITW
MBurnham
The_Dude
BCape9
CMedina84
TeedUpThoughts
Drew Z
Scarnici
rickterp
Goodkat
Tom0227
russtopher

If I missed you, please let me know - some folks didn't pay attention to the original instructions, and I had to comb through the thread instead of PMs. :act-up:

Glad to see a lot of participation on the forum from the majority of the guys. Keep it up!

That's a solid group right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
OITW
MBurnham
The_Dude
BCape9
CMedina84
TeedUpThoughts
Drew Z
Scarnici
rickterp
Goodkat
Tom0227
russtopher

Looks like a winning team right there, except for that OITW guy... He's a bit of a weirdo

Looks like a winning team right there, except for that OITW guy... He's a bit of a weirdo

If he's not on the team, he can be our apparel consultant.

Looks like a group a great guys that will put up a tough fight. It will make me feel a little bad when we win.

I'm not overly worried about pairings yet. I'm not entirely sure I will allow the course or who has played it before dictate who plays with who.

There's always one! Lol

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
OITW
MBurnham
The_Dude
BCape9
CMedina84
TeedUpThoughts
Drew Z
Scarnici
rickterp
Goodkat
Tom0227
russtopher

Looks good, New England is finally starting to feel like New England. I wish we would hurry up and get hammered with snow (I don't want to hear it, we all know it's coming), so it could melt away and we can start practicing AT "The Ranch". I can't wait to attend or at least be present for this event.

Looks good, New England is finally starting to feel like New England. I wish we would hurry up and get hammered with snow (I don't want to hear it, we all know it's coming), so it could melt away and we can start practicing AT "The Ranch". I can't wait to attend or at least be present for this event.

I really hope that those who want to be a part of it, and aren't playing on a squad, do show up for this. I know that's hard to ask, but man it would really give the event that extra presence and pride when it comes to playing for your region. I'm think I'm going to try and figure something out for those who show up in support of NY/NJ.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man
OITW
MBurnham
The_Dude
BCape9
CMedina84
TeedUpThoughts
Drew Z
Scarnici
rickterp
Goodkat
Tom0227
russtopher

That's a great looking group so far!

Im guessing he chooses blue pants with matching shoes amd maybe a blue shirt with some stripes. Wonder if it's forced visor for everyone

Visors and my bald head don't mix very well. I'll bring the sunscreen!

The suspense is intense! I'm sure whoever cap picks will do a great job representing their state and team New England. I'm going to work more on cardio and stretching rather than my swingthis off season, even though I still do some sort of practice inside at least once a day. Once we figure out who the roster will be I'm hoping the captain will have a selection dinner so everyone can meet and see how our personalities meld with each other. Maybe we could have an idea of who we're playing with and give us some time to play a few rounds together before the event.

I really hope that those who want to be a part of it, and aren't playing on a squad, do show up for this. I know that's hard to ask, but man it would really give the event that extra presence and pride when it comes to playing for your region. I'm think I'm going to try and figure something out for those who show up in support of NY/NJ.

100% agree with this for the New England team. It think it would mean a ton to the guys out there playing to have some support.

Visors and my bald head don't mix very well. I'll bring the sunscreen!

Same here!!

This sounds awesome. Would also make for some nice post-event extra rounds or what have you.

well.....I will be sure (as usual) to get range sessions and whatever else I can golf wise during the cold months. And also hope spring comes early. But to be honest....at this very moment (knowing its coming anyway) I want some snow because although I am always in golf mode I am also in ski mode now too and its been a horribly slow start for that. At least you new Englanders are cold enough for better piling up the manmade stuff. Down here in jersey (pococno skiing) is even much further behind schedule than you guys are.

So, no skiing for the fam yet :( .....But heck, I think near 50 tomorrow and rain suppose to be ending early enough I may just have to get a round in :) or at worst case hit the range again.

In or out I'm showing up to support this fantastic event.

In or out I'm showing up to support this fantastic event.

you better be there. I mean you live right around the corner.

Plus I get to heckle you. Wouldn't miss it for the world!!

I'll most likely be there in the support group, maybe we can even do some type of side competition while you guys are playing the event

True. He doesn't even have to drive fast to get there.

Back