THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Lightningbolg44:
For the irons, the website fit me into the XP 115 R300 shafts and for the woods, the Grafalloy Bimatrx S shaft. Never considered the Grafalloy but might have to check it out.

Well my last question went over really well, so lets ask a new one.

Better golf vacation destinations.
Myrtle Beach + Hilton Head vs Williamsburg + Virginia Beach?

I've never had the pleasure of vacationing in Hilton Head, but I've golf vacationed at the other 3. I'd have to go with the Myrtle Beach+Hilton Head combo. You just can't beat the vast array of courses Myrtle Beach has to offer. Having said that, one of my favorite courses is in Williamsburg (The Golden Horseshoe - gold course).

No way we have 2 regions for a combination of 5 states full of introverts. If this is any indication of the enthusiasm and excitement for this event, I will be embarrassed and very disappointed.

We're getting plunked by Michigan and thier 4 people! Sad sh!t.

Ah...that's because I haven't jumped into the fray yet :D

I'll be in the minority with my choice and say Williamsburg, Hilton head and myrtle have a lot of choices but the courses further north have a lot more character to me where the carolinas are mostly flat.

Probably why I like The Golden Horseshoe - Gold Course so much. Kind of cool warming up on the range with the Colonial Williamsburg in literally right behind you then getting to the first tee and seeing that treeline fairway. Really enjoyed that course.

Even though I wasn't fitted for those, that's one of my favorite shafts. I'm in PX 5.5's right now but I'm thinking of going back to the DG line.

So to everyone who is trying to play in this, if you make the cut what are you looking forward to the most? The course, playing with THPers, the competition, getting away for a weekend? What is it?

For me it's bragging rights. Being able to say you were on the winning team and beat another state/region can't be taken from you and you have a whole year to talk trash till the rematch (not saying there would be, but if there was).

I've played the course before so what I am looking forward to the most is helping the DMV team win it :D with meeting new THP carolina members for the first time coming in a close second! The weekend getaway is a bonus!

Haha ok, well that means that you find power from with in. Not necessarily that you are to sheltered within....just saying. And yes I too am an introvert according the the Myers Briggs testing.

Myers Briggs...isn't that an engine used on lawnmowers ? Ah never mind...those are Briggs & Stratton ;)

A lot of talk about prep and doing work in here in getting ready for THPRegionalRivalry. And while that is great and will go a long way in helping us all improve. I'm interested in any purchases anyone has made or will be making with thoughts of THPRR in mind.

I have new irons on the way, but in full disclosure they were ordered before our area was selected.

I also have drivers on my watch list (can you say #ClubClash)

I wasn't planning to purchase any new equipment. It's not the arrow but this Indian in this instance. Having said that, now that I know we are playing RNK, I need to examine the course and how I'd play the course to see if I'll have any deficiencies that a new club could help with. Maybe more practice with the Mizuno 2 iron as well.

Wow! True Temper is excited!

Good to hear and they are in for a treat with these two teams!

The MVP trip!!! Holy ****!

Wow! True Temper is excited!

As they should be, having chosen to sponsor such avid golf nuts as we THPers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though I wasn't fitted for those, that's one of my favorite shafts. I'm in PX 5.5's right now but I'm thinking of going back to the DG line.

Wanna trade? Shaft fit recommends these:

d74731ba8a0d0e1aab462be2208fee4d.jpg

But I could do the five and a halfs I think.

The MVP trip!!! Holy ****!

As if I'm not excited about this enough! I can't imagine what they have up their sleeves!

Hey guys been following along with you all but havent had a chance to really chime in as much as I would like but I had a question for you all.

How have you decided to prepare for this event? I want to hear if you are planning from the event and back or from now to the event and building momentum.

Thanks guys and while I am not going to be on the team I WILL be a part of this someway somehow! Go Team DMV!! #FTW

I'm taking a more holistic approach to this event. I've gained weight which I need to lose. Get back to the range to work on the basics, and I have a couple of lessons outstanding that I need to take at Nighthawk with Don. I want to get my swing and my mental game grooved by month before and just keep everything sharp at that point, peaking that weekend of the RR. I'll set some milestones to ensure I break the goal up into manageable pieces.

As if I'm not excited about this enough! I can't imagine what they have up their sleeves!

We went in with a wish list and they loved every single thing on it

It is great that they are just as into the event as everyone here and willing to go the extra mile.

This new year will be the third year that I am using Callaway irons that were actually fitted and ordered for the first time in my golfing life. So I think I will leave them alone. It was my intent with the assistance of Mark and Brandon at the NightHawk to examine the possibility of a new driver, fairway medals and hybids. However, with the potential for participation in the Rivalry, I am beginning to rethink that. My thinking is that with Mark I should concentrate on my swing and sand bunker game and not add new equipment to the equation. That is, don't add the additional complication of getting acclimated to new equipment. Perhaps, its best that I just reqrip my current clubs and singularly concentrate on my game. What do ya think, is my thinking off base.

I like that plan :D

Awesome! Sounds like anyone that is able, but doesn't try to get in is going to miss the time of their lives.

JB's wish list got check off. If weren't excited already, this should put you over the top. Something crazy is brewing.

When playing with a partner what kind of things do you want to hear from your partner? How much information do you give your partner?

I prefer to have as much input from my partner as they want to give. It's one of my gave parts about team events. In the end, I make my decision and commit to the shot.

Wanna trade? Shaft fit recommends these:

d74731ba8a0d0e1aab462be2208fee4d.jpg

But I could do the five and a halfs I think.

Those are in mine. I'll let you hit them next time

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Awesome! Sounds like anyone that is able, but doesn't try to get in is going to miss the time of their lives.

When it comes to single day events this would be at the top for me. #ChangeTheGame

JB's wish list got check off. If weren't excited already, this should put you over the top. Something crazy is brewing.

Yes sir

Back