2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

Easy partner, pace yourself. We have a few weeks and some sharpening to do.

That we do. Thank goodness I won't have to worry about putting on a SIM.

Few other parts of the game I will continue to work on. One thing I'm excited about is my tee game.

I'll be spending time on the putting green once we get there. Swing and new clubs til we get there.

Freddie gave me some good stuff to work on with my swing. Worked on it a lot at the dome today and it is feeling much better than previously. I've still got a lot of work to do.... But I'm excited to keep working on this and get myself in position to help the Marauders grab the trophy!! ?

I'll be spending time on the putting green once we get there. Swing and new clubs til we get there.

As will I. Playing in Tampa last weekend was a definite eye opener as I ran several putts well by the hole of greens that are faster than I usually play on. And I'm sure RTJ will be totally different and BIG from everything I have seen.

As solid as I played last week, was as poor as I played today. Shot a smooth 88. Finally may have figured something out in my swing, but of course only two holes left to play with it but felt good. Looking forward to the next time I get to play and improve on the last two holes.

And final payment sent in!

A month away, this is going to be epic, looking forward to it everyone!

Here we go gents and ladies. We are less then a month away from the #THPKickoffClassic sponsored by Kentwool. I think it's time to start showcasing the courses selected to host this event.

It would be great to see participation from the entire community on how you would play these holes. Who knows I might give you credit when I roll in that Eagle or Albatross.

A link to the course at RTJ can be found in the first post of this thread.

Kicking off with the Lake Course
How do you play this?
e151a68972dd3e84006b8303d3505d68.jpg

"Play your tee shot short."? I got dat shot :act-up:. Depending on pin location, the second here fits my cut shot. I would play to the 150 or under yardage and play to my strength on the second.

JM

Here we go gents and ladies. We are less then a month away from the #THPKickoffClassic sponsored by Kentwool. I think it's time to start showcasing the courses selected to host this event.

It would be great to see participation from the entire community on how you would play these holes. Who knows I might give you credit when I roll in that Eagle or Albatross.

A link to the course at RTJ can be found in the first post of this thread.

Kicking off with the Lake Course
How do you play this?
e151a68972dd3e84006b8303d3505d68.jpg

Depends on tees I guess... But I think I'm taking my 18* hybrid to the right side of the bunker and then aiming at the center of the green.

For hole one it depends on the tees we play from but I want to know the distance to the trap and specifically the lightly shaded area to the right of trap and just past it. Hit to that area gives a pretty good approach to the center of the green and I'm hoping short iron/wedge in. Depending on pin placement (this green is shared with either 9 or 18) I'm definitely keeping the water out of play it's a one putt birdie or 2 putt par. Haven't decided on if this is a yellow or green light hole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ill play freddies tee ball from 80 yards out...SW to 12 feet and make putt

I think 1 green is actually shared with 9.

it's about a 200y layup, almost all carry, with the bailout to the right. the green is so big that you just need to get your distance +/- almost a full club. the issue is that the green has a lot of break. so the farther you miss to the right of the pin, the more likely you are to bring 3 or even 4-putt into play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This hole actually sets up for my 3w leaving me with a PW into that green. Anything short is trouble.

I want to know the distance to that fairway bunker and to carry that bunker. That said I am probably aiming to the right of that bunker, with either 3 hybrid or my 3 wood.

This hole actually sets up for my 3w leaving me with a PW into that green. Anything short is trouble.
That means I can take a go at the green! JK, I'll put us safe first!

2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

On hole one I have a 1 in 4 shot of being the first person to take a swing during this event so I close my eyes, say a little prayer, take my swing, and hope I don't ricochet off a tree and take out JB.

On hole one I have a 1 in 4 shot of being the first person to take a swing during this event so I close my eyes, say a little prayer, take my swing, and hope I don't ricochet off a tree and take out JB.

Don't worry buddy, I'll go first.

Show you how it's done.

PW to 135 yds BOOM! :alien:

Don't worry buddy, I'll go first.

Show you how it's done.

PW to 135 yds BOOM! :alien:

I like the confidence. I feel pretty good with Mojo off the tee. He's like a Brooklyn born Barry (cpljohnst), nice and steady.

BB Mini and hope it misses the trap.

Just in case you missed it

Round 1 Matchup

Front 9 - Shamble
Back 9 - Pinehurst

Chump Fries & Johnny Mojo
Amsmith61 & OITW

Soxfan & Jhoefer99
War Eagle & #Cookie

Brianmk24 & tanker337
mmaynard11 & Icey Shanks

Jeff Spicoli & DawgDaddy
mikedean441 & Tadashi70

e1iterate & JohnSinVA
Girardcorp and Willwhite

cpljohnst & T0AD
dhartmann34 & Just_Hacking
Bump for formats and matches, One month from today, AL here I come!

Piggybacking off my teammates post from yesterday,

Hole #2 Lakes Course Par 4 Yardages are: 428/381/361/308:

c1h2.png

How do you play it?

Driver to right side of the fairway (rather flirt with the sand then the hazard)

Iron approach to the middle of the green.

Driver for me...what kinda yardage we looking at?

Back