Nike Vapor Fly Pro Irons

Not going to sugarcoat, those look like trash

So many companies pumping out good performing irons that LOOK good and then they toss this out there to compete?

Not going to sugarcoat, those look like trash

So many companies pumping out good performing irons that LOOK good and then they toss this out there to compete?

Haha I kinda like them

#puke

Agree with Mike. This segment has so many great looking options throwing this out there is a little ridiculous.

They definitely know how to make a good looking club.

Personally, not long the look. Not going to discount them because of the look, but I definitely don't like it.

I like what I've seen. I realize those are the pro, I'm sure the Fly will been even less appealing to some. But of all the Fly line, i'm most anxious to see the Driver.

I might be in the minority but I think these look absolutely spectacular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be in the minority but I think these look absolutely spectacular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. Nike had to make a change and so far, I like it. I'll always enjoy Nike though because I played them throughout high school and then another 4-5 years after.

The black Cobra irons have been raved about. Nike puts out black and people hate it.

The black Cobra irons have been raved about. Nike puts out black and people hate it.

To be fair, one is a compact players iron with clean lines and the other is larger, hollow body in parts and cavity in others with less clean lines and a very industrial look.

I really like the look, different than the norm for sure.

To be fair, one is a compact players iron with clean lines and the other is larger, hollow body in parts and cavity in others with less clean lines and a very industrial look.
I agree they are different profiles. Black hides curves really well though.

So what aren't people liking here?

I don't think they look awful, I just want to learn more about the tech.. Specifically, why so much mass is on the toe of the cavity.

Give me blue + a dark finish, and you're always going to see me give the benefit of the doubt until they are hit!

I actually really like the look of these. My only concern is the angle of the 3rd pic makes the plastic insert look a bit worn, like what they use on car bumpers that have been exposed to the sun. Outside of that I think they are sharp looking sticks. Will there be a review of these or just in-hand pics?

I agree they are different profiles. Black hides curves really well though.

So what aren't people liking here?

In hand I will be honest and say the lines in the cavity have a very rough/industrial look to them that is a big departure. Change is loved in some spots and hated in others. The issue I see is that it falls in line with some seriously good looking irons.

Z545, Apex, AP1, etc etc.

So when you look at them straight away, I see what people are thinking. They will get some swings today and see what the ball flight looks like.

OK, so I'm not normally a fan of Nike Golf clubs, but this one catches my eye with in hand photos!

I like them.

They will get some swings today and see what the ball flight looks like.

Love to hear what you think about these, JB. Feel free to send them to KS if you want, for some additional testing. lol This, coming from a Callaway guy!

I'm indifferent to these. I think Nike's line looked awesome last year, and I miss what they did with Vapor irons last year. The mix of chrome, brushing, and Volt was a winner.

In hand I will be honest and say the lines in the cavity have a very rough/industrial look to them that is a big departure. Change is loved in some spots and hated in others. The issue I see is that it falls in line with some seriously good looking irons.

So when you look at them straight away, I see what people are thinking. They will get some swings today and see what the ball flight looks like.

I agree 100%. I don't fault anyone for not liking these. I think they look good but they definitely don't look like a traditional iron, which most people are going to be instantly put off because of. I won't even say they look better than any of those 3 you listed, not by a long shot, I just don't think negatively regarding their looks.

Some added info

• MODERN MUSCLE BALANCES THE CG IN THE CENTER OF THE FACE FOR THEHIGHEST STABILITY AND PUREST FEEL
• RZN ENHANCED CONSTRUCTION FOR LOWER AND DEEPER WEIGHTING AND AHIGHER BALL FLIGHT
• FLEXIBLE NEXCOR FACES AND FLYBEAM REINFORCED CHASSIS WORK IN CONCERTTO DELIVER FAST AND CONSISTENT BALL SPEEDS ACROSS A WIDER AREA
• HOLLOW CAVITY LONG IRONS (2, 3, 4, 5) FOR SUPERIOR FORGIVENESS
• RZN POCKET MID IRONS (6, 7, 8) COMBINE STABILITY WITH REFINED FEEL
• RZN CAVITY SHORT IRONS (9, P, A) ALLOW SHOTMAKING CREATIVITY
• PROFESSIONAL PROFILES FOR ENHANCED WORKABILITY

Interesting that XP 95 is the stock shaft -- Suggests something other than the 'geared to pro' naming convention. That's light and will add launch and spin undoubtedly, although we all know OEMs put some serious thought into their shaft pairings.

I just can't get my eyes off that toe mass... I wonder how the feedback is for someone that stays inside the center line.. Or adversely, whether these will be the greatest thing ever for guys who miss on the toe.

I still need to see the new Apex in hand because I think it was a step in the wrong direction for Callaway from the pics I've seen.

Options are friends though and I love seeing them for all to enjoy

A black iron?? Ok I'm interested.
I dunno. I purchased the CG16 back when it was offered in a Black Pearl, thought I would love them and they lasted 6 months till I replaced them for a silver finished iron again.

Back