Foam Rollers... Ahhhh yes!

You know how the foam roller has just a little bit of forgiveness when you sink into it? Yeah, there's no forgiveness in this.

fcb7d4b1b30b28b0b893ee0005e41c85.jpg

Dude this is a family friendly forum. What you and the wife like is not for all eyes :D

Foam rollers are great, just a note to be careful not to use too much pressure as you can actually injure structures of too much pressure is applied. Usually pressure is pain limited but sometimes people over do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big fan of these, I use them at the gym as part of my cool down sometimes. I need to pick one up, they're pretty cheap at marshalls/tj maxx

I have never used one but know many that swear by them.

I have been using foam rollers for a few years - I actually wore out a foam roller, moved up to a roller with a plastic tube - much firmer, more painful, but lasts longer and is easier to travel with (I fill the hole with tee shirts and socks).
I also have used lacrosse balls - Duct taped two together, gets me into those deep spots where the roller just cannot get to.

As others have said, hurts like hell in the beginning, but oh it feels so good after you are done!!

I have done two tennis balls taped together and placed it on either side of my spine. From middle of my back up it hurt at first, but after awhile it felt great. Really worked out the knots along the spine.

I'm going to be picking one of these up either today or tomorrow.

I ended up getting some lacrosse like balls and a 2 in 1 foam roller. gonna give this a shot and see if u can help the inflamed nerve I have by trying to loosen up my lower back.

Never heard of these....maybe I need to take a look

So I got my rollers and lacrosse balls today and even with the minute or two I used them my back felt wonderful!

I think this will definitely help me once I can find some good exercises to loosen my back.

Worst case, you have an explanation for the better half for watching yoga instructor videos on youtube. haha.

Dude this is a family friendly forum. What you and the wife like is not for all eyes :D

Haha I was just thinking the same thing Freddie! And I guess a lot more were, too (based on the # of thanks). I saw the pic & felt like I turned on HBO at the wrong time.

On a serious note: Is there a right way vs wrong way to use foam rollers? Any suggestions?

Haha I was just thinking the same thing Freddie! And I guess a lot more were, too (based on the # of thanks). I saw the pic & felt like I turned on HBO at the wrong time.

On a serious note: Is there a right way vs wrong way to use foam rollers? Any suggestions?
https://youtu.be/QJLxruO3su0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Really interested in getting one of these. My back is like a 50 year olds.

Any certain brand that people love and would recommend?

I've been hurting in my right hip area for over 2 months now. Couldn't figure it out for the life of me. My chiropractor didn't have any advice really except that I needed to stretch. That didn't help and it was pretty painful. Well tonight I decided to roll out on my foam roller in the dark since my wife is sleeping. I was rolling out my glutes and hamstrings and went to turn over to work on my quads I slipped and I hit my right hip on the roller. Omg was that sore....so what did I do? I rolled out that area and the pain sucked rocks. But 5 minutes later it was like everything was fixed. A fricken miracle by accident. Why didn't I think of it before?! I'll thank my wife in the morning. More work will be done with that roller from now on!! Awesome.

Anyone else out there use them? Any unique exercises or things I should know about?

I do two stretching routines per week that cover the whole body in about 20 min, i also add a 10 min session with the roller, I have been very consistent with this for 4 months i am feeling like i am about 10 years younger.

I do two stretching routines per week that cover the whole body in about 20 min, i also add a 10 min session with the roller, I have been very consistent with this for 4 months i am feeling like i am about 10 years younger.
Stretching does wonders if you stick with it

I just got the 26" Grid 2.0 roller and so far am loving it. It definitely hurts at first in some places but after awhile starts to feel good. I think that'll only continue to get better the longer I use it. I feel like you need a good amount of mobility just to roll out in the damn thing tho haha rolling out all the areas of my legs was fun.....

I've been hurting in my right hip area for over 2 months now. Couldn't figure it out for the life of me. My chiropractor didn't have any advice really except that I needed to stretch. That didn't help and it was pretty painful. Well tonight I decided to roll out on my foam roller in the dark since my wife is sleeping. I was rolling out my glutes and hamstrings and went to turn over to work on my quads I slipped and I hit my right hip on the roller. Omg was that sore....so what did I do? I rolled out that area and the pain sucked rocks. But 5 minutes later it was like everything was fixed. A fricken miracle by accident. Why didn't I think of it before?! I'll thank my wife in the morning. More work will be done with that roller from now on!! Awesome.

Anyone else out there use them? Any unique exercises or things I should know about?

Just saw these on The Golf Channel yesterday and they make perfect sense and will be getting one this week.

My wife and I use myotherapy (pressure point therapy to find trigger points in a tight muscle, you know when you find it). This could help with my hip / gluts / hamstrings to take pressure off my lower back.

YouTube will give some great insight. The one thing I found was not to use it on your lower back as hyper-extension on the back coupled with the roller is NOT a good combination.

Use my foam roller before and after every round.

I use a golf ball or SKLZ Accustick for the deep knots in my back the roller can't reach.

I use a foam roller on my back after each round and pack it in my car when I travel to play. It really helps my nagging back problems. In light of the gauntlet coming up and a cross country flight, can anyone recommend a foam roller that might I might be able to travel with? I'd love to avoid buying a roller out in AZ for only two days (but I'll do it if I have to!)

I use a foam roller on my back after each round and pack it in my car when I travel to play. It really helps my nagging back problems. In light of the gauntlet coming up and a cross country flight, can anyone recommend a foam roller that might I might be able to travel with? I'd love to avoid buying a roller out in AZ for only two days (but I'll do it if I have to!)

Take a lacrosse ball with you.

Back