THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I went to the range today and hit a couple buckets. It was 30* with snow flurries. I really worked on hitting knock down wedge shots and controlling distance and direction. It was the first time I really practiced something like that but I think it could be a great shot to have in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries.

...now that that's cleared up, any chance she can do anything about the weather here so I can get out and practice?

You need to check next weeks weather. Going to be in the 70s!

I am supposed to play this Sunday with my weekend group, and hopefully with a THP'er at RNK on Monday.

wish it was later in the week; got a lot going on at work for the next few days.

Went back through this thread this morning. Based on what people have written these two teams are very well matched. After all it will come down to the play after all. Imagine that! Hahaha

Went back through this thread this morning. Based on what people have written these two teams are very well matched. After all it will come down to the play after all. Imagine that! Hahaha

I agree and think it will be a tight match. Plenty of talent on both sides. No easy wins on either side.

I agree, it looks like evenly matched teams. I believe it will be a close one come July.

Will be fun to be a part of. Should be lots if back and forth in the matches.

Agree 100%. Gotta think it comes down to the wire- which would be awesome!

Got some range work in today. I hit the ball pretty well. Did a bunch of short game drills too.

So you're saying the putter will rule! Nothing new, everything as expected! Match play always seems to come down to who putts and hits greens the best. As our Captain states #own125. It will work for team DMV!

I hope the results are based off of everyone's play and not the golf courses propensity to chew you up and spit you out. Those greens get dry and fast in a hurry. Either way, it's the same for everyone. I'm really looking forward to these matches.

Was lacking motivation when I hot the gym but had this event on my mind and helped me push thru the workout. Was thinking about pairings on the DMV side and I like the options that could be out there.

Just like T2GRN has said, rock inside #125. Keep up the flatstick practice as well. Gotta make sure you can make that 3-4 footer under pressure

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well made it out and played today. Drove the ball great , irons were so so. Putting was great. Short game was good except for bunker play. That was awful. Hit 4 bunkers today and only hit 1 on the green. The other 3 were long. 2 were awful and 1 was just in the opposite fringe

So I have go to work on my sand game.

Hope everyone else is doing well

Team Carolinas will be bringing their a game

I hope the results are based off of everyone's play and not the golf courses propensity to chew you up and spit you out. Those greens get dry and fast in a hurry. Either way, it's the same for everyone. I'm really looking forward to these matches.

I love fast firm greens. Much easier to putt IMO. Just get it rolling. Makes downhillers challenging tho

Just like T2GRN has said, rock inside #125. Keep up the flatstick practice as well. Gotta make sure you can make that 3-4 footer under pressure

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I need practice at 30-60 yards. I have no mental game at that distance, just need to hit the course and start dropping some balls to get the feel and confidence back.

Played 2 rounds this weekend. Ball striking was pretty good. I'm starting to see the short game and putting come back as I play outside again.

Plan is for some range time at lunch. Swing/ball striking will be the focus.

counting down the days till this event. Remembering how fun meet and greets are especially for first timers especially when there are several. Thinking about range time before events and guys hitting clubs out of each other's bag and bantering with each other. Post round meals are always filled with great convo and memories. The THP event blues while on the way home. Man I miss being in THP events.

Played today, lots of work to do. Struggled with my long irons and hybrids! It will be better soon. Just need to spend some time working on them. Spent a lot of time on short irons lately. I think the others feel neglected!

Perhaps we'll get some flight scope time before hand as well. But with a full day our range time will be limited.

ce74e05be1e1e84d9e5490139aa7e394.jpg

I have 2 spots open for Brambleton GC Saturday March 12th @ 7:09am if anyone is available for some team building.

I actually got out yesterday and...well... Let's just say there's a bit to work on. Although, the course was in rough shape, even for dormant bermuda. And we were more racing the sun, trying to get as many holes in as possible (got to 12), than playing golf. Ball striking was not as good as my last outing, which wasn't that long ago. So I'm just chalk this up to one of those days (that you can see your breath) and look forward to next week's time change and FINALLY being able to get out after work.

I have 2 spots open for Brambleton GC Saturday March 12th @ 7:09am if anyone is available for some team building.

I might be in for this. I'll check with the Mrs' and let you know. Even though I'm not officially on the team, I will offer up any advice for the Team DMV so they can take the crown.

Sorry I haven't been on here. My wife kids and myself were paid a visit by the norovirus. Slowly getting better. Hope everyone's game is progressing. Hope to get out Thursday.

Back