THP Radio - The Dean Has Spoken Volume 1

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP Radio is coming back with a bang in 2016 and today it is kicking off with a new show called The Dean Has Spoken. Tackling on demand audio for the world of golf like never before, each episode will be filled with controversial topics where both sides will be presented and the Dean of THP will sound off on them.

Five Topics
Ten Arguments
Only One Right Answer

This Episode
Staff bags for golfers not on tour
GPS vs Laser
Jordan Spieth vs The Field
Simulator Golf vs The Real Thing
Equipment Release Cycles
2016 Masters Contest
And so much more

You can join us at the link below and stream right from THP or by checking out the The Hackers Paradise iTunes Channel and subscribing to get all of the latest episodes right on your device as they come out.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/thp-radio-the-dean-has-spoken-volume-1/

Can't wait to listen to this one

Listening now as I surf the forum. Pretty damn cool if I do say so!

JM

Can't wait to hear it!

Might have to listen to this before bed or at worst during breakfast. Sounds like a bunch of good other topics involved!

Going check this out in the am! Subscribed.

• Admin
Just a note it will take about 24 hours for it to appear in iTunes.

Masters contest with twists..... #VIP. Oh yeah!

I still like staff bags! Disagree

Lasers FTW! Disagree

OEMS have a fiduciary responsibility to their investors. Bring on the tech! Clubs are not an investment. Agree.

Spieth still has some proving to do. Agree.

Simulators? Still have not played sim golf. It's a push.

You guys KILLED THIS! Great job and I can't wait for the next installment! Well done gents!

JM

This was great! I am going to enjoy listening to these throughout the year.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Great listen. I'm onboard with all of Deans takes on the subjects, but the urge to rock a sweet staff bag creeps in periodically.

The Masters contest and prize is epic. If it's not me I will be jealous of whoever wins that.

Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to future episodes.

I can't wait to listen to this tomorrow at work! Friday, THP Radio... Not a bad way to kick off the weekend!!!

Just finished listening.

Content was great and the conversation seemed to flow well.

-staff bags are for storage
-gps for pace of play, but like laser for accuracy
-Spieth is not there yet, but on the fast track
-release cycles if done properly are great for consumers
-I need to try sin golf
-Masters contest just got that much more interesting

I can't wait for the PGA show and the contests.

Can't wait to hear this episode. Great topics covered

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Awesome job guys, pretty much agree with the Dean but can't really formulate a Simulator opinion since there is no decent close enough to go a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a solid show and a really really engaging format.

I agree on the Staff bag take, especially about the added pressure.
I prefer a laser, but have never had a good GPS.
Agree on Spieth.
Agree on Simulators. They are great but its just not REAL golf.

The Masters contest and prize is straight up madness, that's how great it is.

Nice! I'm listening to it now :D

Can't wait to subscribe on iTunes.

Really really awesome first episode fellas.

Can't believe Dean said to keep the staffer at home tho!! Wasn't expecting that!

I prefer a laser over GPS as well. Only time I like when some has a GPS is when I specifically want to know front, middle, back.

Totally agree on Speith. I think the field is WAY too deep right now to even consider going down that road yet. As good as Jordan is and as much as I like him he's not there yet and not sure he'll ever be.

For someone that plays almost daily and works at a simulator I also agree with Dean. We have the AboutGolf simulator as well and it's very close and accurate on somethings and totally not on others. Maddog and I refer to the "vacuum at the bottom of the cup" as the simulator suck! Full swings it's spot on but short game and putting it's not nearly close enough yet and not sure it will ever be.

The contest for The Masters is kind of mind boggling really. To think about what that experience will be like for the lucky winner is CRAZY.

EDIT: Almost forgot about the release cycles as well. I like Dean's take on it. I've always had the stance of if I buy something and like it and something new is released I don't HAVE to buy it, but the option to buy it is nice.

Sorry your wrong about the staff bags. They are awesome even though I don't have one.

I agree with the GPS good call Dean.

Nice call about Jordan.

Yes, fun with drinks for sure.

I can get behind the release cycle take.

Wow, that's a freakin contest. That is unreal.

I think I need to take a week off from work so I don't miss a live contest. You guys just keep doing it bigger.

Great job guys.

Listening now....pretty great so far

Now that I've listened to it, my thoughts.

Staff bags: I've always preferred hybrid bags, and while staff bags look great, they're not for me. I can certainly see the perception that may come with using one, but to each their own.

Laser vs. GPS: I prefer rangefinders hands down. Obviously it's another matter of preference, and golfers just need to go with what they're most comfortable with!

Jordan Spieth: I enjoy watching him play particularly because of his care free attitude about the game. He's definitely a good guy. That said, it seems like ever since Tiger's downward slide the conversation is always 'Is <enter name here> the next Tiger?' You guys hit the nail on the head talking about just how long Tiger actually sustained the success. There's tons of talent on the PGA as usual and it's fun to watch, but all of those players have their own paths and that includes Jordan Spieth.

Release cycles: I don't understand how this is a hot button topic, but people seem to get riled up by it. Seeing how these companies are in business to make money I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I like tinkering, but at the end of the day it's usually the indian and not the arrow!

Simulator golf vs real golf: Being a military man I've been fortunate to be in mostly 'mild winter' states my entire career so I've never played sim golf. It does sound like they've made incredible advances in the technology though, and Dean nailed it talking about how much the short game actually accounts for a round. If that's still a little bit sketchy in sim golf, it stands to reason there's nothing like the real thing! I have no doubt that sim golf is a great time though and I would definitely give a shot if I had no other alternative!

Contest: Wow. Just WOW. THP is seriously loading 2016 up with incredible events. This is going to be a fun year!

Great job on the first episode gents! I look forward to listening to many more!

Ill get onto listening to this soon.

Great show and what a huge prize for the Masters Contest!!

Back