What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot an ugly 95 today. I wonder if the 6:45 wake up call had anything to do with that? Swing felt foreign most of the day. Oh well, it happens.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

80 today 38/42. Drove the ball pretty well, especially with the winds we had today. One of the windiest days I've played in. Struggled getting up and down even on the easy ones. Putted the ball pretty well. Made some longer putts. Short game needs some work but not a bad day overall.

I followed up last week's putting spectacular by needing ten more today, lots of rain have the greens running pretty slow, especially on the low side of the course. Ended up with 42/43 for a 12 over 85. 32 putts, one birdie. They switched nines at my course and this was my first time playing since the switch. Got solo second in the points game with a +6.

A lot on the front 9 and not as much on the back. Today was just not my day.

78. Finally broke 80 at my club, only took me a year. Did it on a day with 30mph wind gusts and very wet conditions, go figure.

48/50 for a 98. Three triple bogeys. Them three blow up hole I average a round is biting me big time. But a good time was had by all in our group today even with the cold and wind.

49/42 for a 91. I rode today, cart path only, for the first time in a long time and felt it took me longer to get going. Shot the first 5 holes at 12 over, finished the last 13 at 8 over. Did have my best sand shot ever, only had about 10 yards between the lip of the bunker and the cup. Needed to get it high and stop quick, something I'm not to good at. Managed to hole it for my only birdie of the day.

46/41-87.

Yesterday I hit the ball great, my 86 felt like a 76. Today's 87 felt like triple digits - inconsistent ball striking and real ugliness around the greens.

What did you shoot today?

I'll just put this here as well
Played the Ryder course at PGA Village today from the grays on what was a very wet drenched course and cart path only 69.7/116 from 6224. Pretty much zero release and many balls cut a trench in the turf up landing in the fairway. Shot a 46/43 for and 89 an esc of 88 as I took and 8 on a par3(penalty and poor play)

1-bird(missed several ops)
6-pars
5-bogeys
3-doubles
1-trip
1-quad

37putts(4-3's, 3-1's 11-2's)

11/14-FIR all w/driver
6-GIR
1penalty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My best round by far in the last 9+ months sharpen my putting and 125&in and I'll be in a real good place

Last edited:
41/37.......

+3 38/37 75. In the cold and the mud.

It was yesterday but 87 in the Stableford/Skins game. +2 for me in that league. Tied for first with only 3 skins, which i got none of. Tough day.

Getting out today to play only my 2nd round in 6 weeks.
I'm excited.

Found a little something today with 4 birdies and 4 doubles for a 39/40, excellent round striking the APEX Pros

1a8240b871eadc24a0fcdc3d5190c464.jpg

....and how was your day, you ask? This was pretty typical. On 10, a par 5 with a blind second shot over a hill, I smoked a 4w, but we couldn't find my ball. Finally, we discovered it here. What makes it worse is that it is a small thing and the only tree on the dang hole. Ugh!

Oh, and I shot 86 (44, 42) and had around 40 putts.

I'll just put this here as well

My best round by far in the last 9+ months sharpen my putting and 125&in and I'll be in a real good place

Just seeing this...nice work

39 today

Nice dude. We got snow and temps in the singles today. So there's that!

Nice dude. We got snow and temps in the singles today. So there's that!

Best part is it was in front of my kids hahahahaha, coach can play a little!

Best part is it was in front of my kids hahahahaha, coach can play a little!

Love it!!!

A friend off a UK forum contacted me as a player from his Shifnal Golf Club had dropped out of an AM AM competition run by TeeTours and duly invited me along to play at Enville Golf Club on the Highgate Championship course. I now know what it's like when my dog hears that magical word "walkies", I found it very difficult to hide my excitement, at last I was getting out to play, I had been suffering cabin fever with my own Coventry Golf Club being closed most of the last 3-weeks no doubt like many golf courses across the country suffering from all this wet weather.

So I was playing Enville on the Highgate course for the first time, not in the most ideal conditions with the heavens opening up as I pulled into the car park and it was bitterly, bitterly cold, but, I have to say, for what we've all seen and endured over the past few weeks the course was in remarkably very good condition, the greens were a little bumpy as we were the 2nd but last group out and the fairways had just been tined, but it was more than playable and more importantly, I was out there, swinging my new clubs and the conditions are the same for everyone, so, bring it on...

I've just started not getting my big dog out straight away and favouring my mini-driver for a little more accuracy at the expense of distance whilst I warm into the round, this proved dividends at Enville as I found the fairways straight from the off, it did however see me still have well over 220 yards into the greens off some very long par 4's, especially with little run on the ball in such wet and cold conditions, I just now need to stop myself reaching for the 4 iron too early as it's just not happenin', but when I did hit a couple later in the round in regulation, it's a nice feeling.

I eventually reached for my main driver after a few holes, but only when I thought I had a decent bailout area just in case it didn't perform, because as we all know, our drivers can have a mind of there own at times! But luckily I hit some really nice long drives immediately with my favoured baby draw, the couple I messed up were simply down to overconfidence, normally straight after I'd just hit a great drive on the hole before, I'd then follow that up by trying to take the skin off the ball only to see it take out 150 yards of worm casts, but they were still straight and on the fairway!

Early in the round I found myself in some really unlucky positions just around and off the greens with debri from the overhanging trees leaving twigs and small branches lying against my ball which I couldn't move, I was surprised by some of the overhanging branches in front and over some greens, it made course knowledge very important, if you were approaching from the wrong side of the fairway you had to manufacture some low bump & run shots rather than my preferred lob it in the air style, however, I was genuinely very pleased with a good handful of up & downs with my new wedges.

I thinks it's always nice to finish with the same ball that you've started with, especially on a new course, and although I did test its resolve a few times I always managed to walk straight to it when I blocked a couple of drives, I did however get a couple of friendly rebounds back onto the fairway off the tight treelined fairways.

We finished with 80 points, we really messed up on a long par 3 hole amassing a single point from best 2 from 4, and with the winning score being 84, it really was a case of "what should have been"!

A very nice Enville draft beer was enjoyed afterwards along with a generous Turkey & Cranberry filling sandwich, the journey home was horrific in the driving rain but I didn't care, I got a round in at last so the twitching has eased somewhat, I just hope its not a few weeks until the next round, after all, I need to keep it going and get these clubs dialed in, because in case you hadn't heard, it's the YOTF.

Shot a 77 yesterday. I was +1 after 15 holes then my nemesis hole got me and i hooked one ob so ended with a triple on that hole. Its a tight 190m par 3 with ob on the left and big tree's right. Then followed that with another bogey and par to finish.

43/42-85 at Plantation in Frisco, TX. Course and greens were in pretty bad condition. Hit 9 fairways but 36 putts killed me!

Only my third round of golf as a member of my new club and shot a 37 on the front. Best score ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back