Cobra King For A Month - THPers Get Royal Treatment - February

Would love to try equipment that would-Will help may game this year.Im not great.so I hope Cobra won't get angry if I put any dummy marks on their equipment.If they want to work with a chopper,I'm there guy and than some

Would love to try equipment that would-Will help may game this year.Im not great.so I hope Cobra won't get angry if I put any dummy marks on their equipment.If they want to work with a chopper,I'm there guy and than some

The stuff one gets in the mail is theirs to keep, so that is no problem at all.
Check out the first post though, and make sure if you want to enter, you jump in on the 2016 Albatross Club, that helps support some amazing charities.

I'm fit to be king because my wife already thinks she's a queen.

Going over some stuff with CPG today about what will be arriving to Kings each month.
Wow, this is going to be fun.

Going over some stuff with CPG today about what will be arriving to Kings each month.
Wow, this is going to be fun.

We are all ready to be crowned!

This is really exiting!
Can't wait to see who gets crowned!

It's Good to be the King!!!!

Thanks Cobra and THP!

Can i ask when the PGA show is? Or when this closes. Thanks

Jan 27th thru 29th ... I believe

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Everyone has to be King of something. Since my wife won't let me be King of the household. .. whats better than being King for a Month representing @THPGolf & @cobragolf

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

:blob:Am I fit you ask? You just send what ever you have this way and I'll show you who's fit!

What a great opportunity and such a cool offering from Cobra as well! So awesome being a part of THP and Albatross.

For me, to help answer the question "What makes you fit to be King", I must first define what exactly King means to me.

Do I want to be the all-powerful, ruthless dictator King, mercilessly thumping my fellow golfers on the course with countless pounded drives? Laughing as I wait for them to hit first, since their ball is x yards behind mine? Sounds temporarily amusing, but not sustainable for creating loyal subjects, and besides - I'm not sure I have the skills (in fact, I KNOW I don't) to back up such arrogance in the fine company of THPers, even if the equipment is amazing. So, ruthless King is perhaps not for me.

Instead, perhaps January is a fitting month to emulate a more recent type of King. None other than MLK, Jr himself! Of course, the 18th is in celebration of Mr. King, and as a result, I plan on playing golf in the glorious all-season weather that southern CA is blessed with on that day.

What type of "King" was MLK? While everyone has and is entitled to their own opinions, I think the "King" I'd rather strive to be and be fit for is one of compassion and the relentless passion and drive for the betterment of all mankind.

While I internally debated tying such an emotionally charged topic/person to a game such as golf - the fact is, the reason we are all here on THP is because we DO have the passion for the game, and the relentless drive to better ourselves and others by interacting and learning from/teaching/sharing with the THP community. Who else can explain the hours of hitting balls at the range in the bitter winds? The endless and solitary drills on the practice green, simply trying to get a ball in a hole on a consistent basis? The salivating over new products and falling for marketing claims left and right? Scouring the THP Marketplace, buying/selling clubs which results in entire bag's worth turnover in a few months (you fellow gear hoes will understand)? Explaining to the wife the importance of yet another "Don't just play golf, live it" coin received in the mail?

Yes, I think the type of "King" I would like to be, and am fit to be, is THAT kind of King - a passionate King, looking to help improve his own game and of those around him that are seeking his counsel - and more importantly for me, continually seek the counsel of his fellow advisers and share findings with them. A stretch? Absolutely, maybe even laughably so. But, for lack of anything else, I'll leave this entry with a quote from MLK himself - which I think is entirely applicable when standing over that six foot breaking putt on 18 for the win, or the on the first tee box with fellow man watching his every move, or for those that have been lucky/blessed enough to participate in one of the many THP Majors, with it all on the line:

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

My 4 kiddos already think I'm the king. So there is that. Otherwise I just got game golf for Christmas. So need some good gear to put them on.

Outstanding! Thanks to THP and Cobra for putting this on.

I'm "Fit for a King" because Ricky's my man, Lexi's my girl and hitting the King off the deck deserves a club twirl!

BOOM

What makes me for to be a king?
I feel like that's asking a man with who Ghandi is? I've danced with the Cobra at the Morgan cup and continue to run with the Pumas to this day. I'm tall, good looking and OK with the ladies. And I golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking with cobra yesterday going over some ideas for King Boxes has me excited for the first winner.

Speaking with cobra yesterday going over some ideas for King Boxes has me excited for the first winner.

Fingers are crossed! This would be an awesome way to kick off the season!

Just reading that gets me pumped, can't wait to see this kick off!

I'm fit to be a King because I wear no clothes...oh wait, maybe I'm an emperor? Go Cobra!

Are we going to get the info????

I'm fit to be a King because I was one the Kings at last seasons Gauntlet! I got game, clearly ;-), so give me a chance to review!

Are we going to get the info????

As we said a box will arrive and the person named king gets the riches and gets to review everything that comes.

Back