How do you choose where you play golf?

I usually just wait for the text from my buddies telling me where and when to show up. If I'm going solo, I just go to the nearest course.

I look for the deals on Golfnow, but the fees are getting annoying. Other than that you can find me where THPers are golfing.

Price, price and... price. That usually means 9 holes after work on weekdays.

Had a membership last year that dictated where I played most of my rounds. After that, I played where THPers were getting together and depending on time of year - reduced prices for certain courses let me play a few course I didn't play during the peak season.

I have a rotation of about 4 or 5 regular courses. It depends on where others want to play as well.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I call around or check out courses web sites for tee times that I want.

Price first. 3 or 4 times a year I splurge and play at a really nice course. Other than that, my muni works great.

I feel like a lot of times I'll sit around and look for a course I haven't played yet.... And then try to find the best deal out of the ones I have picked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play where my friends will be. We kind of have a rotation, but if they are there, that's where I am going....

Membership last year, mostly golf now on all other rounds and Big Met if I am lazy since I live about a mile away. That or where other THP members are getting together.

Golfnow is my main go to

Wherever the most THPers are playing

I'm a member there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I'm not playing at the club, I'll check out GolfNow/TeeOff or see if there's a space at one of the county courses.

For me, it comes down to a few factors. 1. How much time do I have? Do I need the first tee time of the day or do I have time to play later. 2. Tee times available. 3. Fees. Always looking for a deal. 4. Conditions.

How do you choose where you play golf?

I have a few courses I play bc I trust the quality/shape it's in. Usually play a private course with a few friends who are members

I play where I want to that day. There are a good amount of courses around me so I have a decent selection. If I am traveling I look for the nicest course I am willing to pay for. Or THP gatherings.

My home course is where I play 90% of the time, but we do have many other great course's close by. I book on line if possible when playing away from home.

Location and price mostly but those go out the window if a group of THPers is getting together.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I have two courses here at home I play most. Basically whichever one I can get a 7:30 tee time at on a given Saturday is the one I play.

When out fo town I rely on feedback and suggestions from members here.

I play my home course 95 percent of the time. The other 5 percent are split between 3 other courses near by.

Based on my last 3 years of logging rounds it looks like I have a rotation of 13-15 courses I play "regularly" (which might mean once a year on a buddies trip).

2 of those are places I play a weekly league during the summer. 3 are in the upper peninsula of Michigan that we play on an annual trip just after Memorial Day. 1 is near our family cabin. The other 7-9 are area courses where we mix up our weekend play based on deals / tournaments / how we're feeling on a given week.

One thing I'd like to change this year is play more destination golf. Our trip to Disney in October should help with that somewhat.

Cost
Tee time availability
Proximity of course to those that I'm looking to play with

I have membership and play most of my rounds there.

Back