THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

A question for today

What is the longest par 3 distance you comfortably feel you can reach safely? and at what yardage does it start to get dicey for you?

Comfortable up to 175/180. Gets dicey 195+

A question for today

What is the longest par 3 distance you comfortably feel you can reach safely? and at what yardage does it start to get dicey for you?
I've regularly played a par 3 on the local course that tops out at 230. That's the dicey category. Anything under that is gravy and probably explains my affinity for hybrids from the tee.

A question for today

Under 200 keeps an iron in my hand so that would be my number

A question for today

I feel comfortable up to 215-220ish... (not saying I hit them every time) My sweetspot is generally ranges from 150-190 but anything over 220-225+ I start to hope to get lucky!

A question for today

Definitely prefer the 130-175 range. Getting closer to 200 it starts to get dicey and am very happy to walk off with par. On today's courses, the long par 3s are often some of the hardest holes in my opinion, just never handicapped that way.

A question for today

For me its about 150. That's the extent I feel comfortable with. Anything longer and I am going to play to the front of the green majority of the time and hope to have a bit of roll.
Pretty much anything 170 and over gets pretty "dicey" for me.

205 is the number where I don't stress much about the hole, 230+ is real dicey, 215-220 if I am into the wind

Prefer 160 and shorter, but as long as there isn't trouble in front, I don't care how long it is!

Morning everyone

So Im sure between the questions I have asked for OH hopefuls and those that Jeremy has asked everyone has thought of and provided a handicap goal for this year.

My question to you is what is your "gameplan" to accomplishing that goal? Is it something along the lessons route? Is it maybe going to the range a certain number of times a week and working on certain things? Is it a combination of the 2, or perhaps something else?
For me it's going to be focusing on my shirt irons, wedges and putting. I've always had a knack of scrambling should I have a bad tee day. The short game is where we are going to either save strikes or lose them. So a steady dose of work will be done here.
I don't see myself going after the instructor route as I've only done that once since I've started golfing.

A question for today

Comfortably I am attacking par 3's in the range of 167 -195. Anything above that has me hitting clubs where my miss could be either right or left.

Morning everyone

So Im sure between the questions I have asked for OH hopefuls and those that Jeremy has asked everyone has thought of and provided a handicap goal for this year.

My question to you is what is your "gameplan" to accomplishing that goal? Is it something along the lessons route? Is it maybe going to the range a certain number of times a week and working on certain things? Is it a combination of the 2, or perhaps something else?

My game plan for preparing myself for RR and achieving my desired handicapp is:
Play more golf
Take the time for short game practice and putting practice
Work on my driving consistency at the range
Quite changing clubs so much and focus on learning to hit he clubs I have
If time permits a lesson or two.

Did you know this? I didn't. I just saw this and honestly I was a bit surprised by it. Pretty impressive for our sponsor.

Tour_Shaft_Count_Hyundai-TOC.jpg

A question for today

I feel comfortable between 130-180. One short course I play has 3 holes that are 205, 215 and 245 (I believe). If I have to pull driver to reach a par 3 it's too long and makes me extremely nervous. That same course has a hole that is marked at 105 but plays extremely down hill so I think it plays a lot shorter. LW from the tee anyone?

For me it's going to be focusing on my shirt irons, wedges and putting. I've always had a knack of scrambling should I have a bad tee day. The short game is where we are going to either save strikes or lose them. So a steady dose of work will be done here.
I don't see myself going after the instructor route as I've only done that once since I've started golfing.

Comfortably I am attacking par 3's in the range of 167 -195. Anything above that has me hitting clubs where my miss could be either right or left.

Which OEM do you use for laundry day? Not sure having wrinkle free shirts is going to help the game. :alien:

I like your approach though. Short game short game and more short game.

Did you know this? I didn't. I just saw this and honestly I was a bit surprised by it. Pretty impressive for our sponsor.

They are really dominating the tours currently.

A question for today

I'm comfortable with anything under 190. Will I hit it every time, nope. But that's what I'm comfortable with. After I get some more time in with my 3H and 4H hope to expand my comfort level to longer distances.

They are really dominating the tours currently.

Is that due to sponsorship or performance? I don't have much knowledge as to the reason for what shafts players use.

Morning everyone

I'll do the sims all winter which does help but I need to keep working on my flexibility and balance as well. I can tell father time has been creeping up on me the last few years and I'm seeing some distance loses. Once spring rolls around leagues will have me out on the course twice a week and I also like to play 18 at least once or twice during the week. If I keep my head in the game this year I will be a more consistent player.

A question for today

I am comfortable in the 200-215 yardage. Going above that things can go in any direction (literally)

I've regularly played a par 3 on the local course that tops out at 230. That's the dicey category. Anything under that is gravy and probably explains my affinity for hybrids from the tee.

What par 3 might that be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What par 3 might that be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#8 at Wesburn. I've gone anywhere from 3 wood to 6 iron depending on tee location and wind.

A question for today

180 would be my max distance and still be confident in the shot. Not that I hit ever green but that's my comfort zone.

Above that I'll throw a hybrid and a prayer

Hard to beat what has worked for decades.

Plus, some of their designs are exceptional.

My par 3 confidence wanes a bit after my 6 iron. I can step on that up to about 215-220 carry in perfect conditions. I have a few to many negative thoughts, past experiences about block pushing my 4 and 5 iron.

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

A question for today

I like the 130-150 range for par 3s and feel I can score from there. 150-190 doesn't stress me much as I feel par is definitely attainable from there but anything over that seems to be 50/50 for a par or a triple bogey, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back