The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed out with 4 or so of my team to get some golfy golf golf in today after school.

Headed out with 4 or so of my team to get some golfy golf golf in today after school.

Are you getting 9 in or just range work?

Are you getting 9 in or just range work?

We don't have a range, soooooooooo, some holes just to see how/what they think more than anything else.

We don't have a range, soooooooooo, some holes just to see how/what they think more than anything else.

Hit golf balls at the back of the school then. :alien: Awesome. Hope you get some good feedback and a few guys for the team.

Got some practice in at Golftec at lunch. nothing special today, continuing to work on swinging from the inside and not over the top. I know what I need to do, but its only been a week and a half, so still hard overcoming those old habits.

I found taking shorter backswings and focusing on a nice rythym helped vs. full swings i was more likely to fall into old swing.

Last few sim rounds I been having issues with 2 way miss. While there are a lot of issues I fight, lateral sway limiting rotation being one, I think my hand path in the back swing had gotten very inside in the back swing. Causing me to get stuck and push shots or over compensate resulting a flip and a hooded hook. Taking some swings inside and focusing on a better hand path ( start straight back) is feeling like my path back to the ball is better. I need a range session or ten to work on it

I got out for the first time this year since I've been dealing with a little nagging back issue. I took it easy with a small bucket of balls. I did hit my new to me Callaway XR 4W. Its crazy easy to get the ball up in the air and has definitely kicked the 3W out of the bag.

I got out for the first time this year since I've been dealing with a little nagging back issue. I took it easy with a small bucket of balls. I did hit my new to me Callaway XR 4W. Its crazy easy to get the ball up in the air and has definitely kicked the 3W out of the bag.

Like I said - not to hijack the thread - that XR 4 wood is a beast!

Going to take advantage of the more reasonable temps here today and try to get to the range tonight. Going to work more on wedges, and try to dial in this XR driver I p/u last week and played with the next day without hitting it first. Really looking forward to when I can finally hit clubs off of real grass...

So combined with hand path issues, I've found another flaw in the fundamentals of my swing. It's directly related to the lateral sway I'm fighting. During the back swing, the direction my left knee (right handed) is bending toward was making my base weak and unstable, and causing improper hip turn. Focusing more on the left knee bending to the front of me while turning and loading to my right inner thigh and heel (combined with better hand path and good shoulder turn) feels more stable. It "feels" like I'm getting the club in a better position and getting better rotation. Now it's a matter of reps to ingrain the move. Then work on transition from the new position. I need to get some video so I can get guru Freddie's input

Majority shanks again today in my net at home.Getting very frustrating and depressing now.Im opening the face all the way up with a weak grip like the pro said.If it happens tomorrow morning on the grass I will be really upset.Again,following exactly what my pro said to do verbatim.Maybe it is my clubs

More work with the wedges today, I'm starting to get more comfortable with the 50yd pitch shot.

More work with the wedges today, I'm starting to get more comfortable with the 50yd pitch shot.
I hate that shot haha. I avoid it like the plague

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Rolled some putts on the basement green this evening.. Always a great time to get the mind back into what 'works' mode.

I think this is going to be a fun year full of unique headshapes to try. I have always been very happy with my putting (on bentgrass) but I am curious if there's more to be had with some of the tech available.

Probably should post this in the rant of the day... went to the local range after work. I called them beforehand, and they stop selling balls at 5:30. Since I don't get off work until 5 it isn't easy to get there. I get there at 5:31 - literally - and he turns the light out and locks the door as I am walking up.

Ended up putting at home. Going to the range tonight, even if I have to drive to the range 45 minutes away. At least I know they are open until 8.

I hate that shot haha. I avoid it like the plague

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I do too, it seems like the last few times I played I would wind up with that shot trying to save par.

Got to the range yesterday and worked on taking a smoother and more controlled swing. Was hitting the ball very well by the end off the mats. I then worked on my 15 and 40 yard pitch shots with my 60 degree. Gave my self a flat lie and downhill lie. Had good results and it is the part of my game that is improving the most. Finished up with lag putting trying to get within a foot. Will be hitting some PW today at school and hope to get some more range work in tomorrow.

This thread is perfect as it gets me involved with my game.Unfortunately the results now are very very very very bad.Went to an outdoor heated range and hit weak low slices and many many shanks again.Im getting very saddened now with my results from my 12 lesson program.Im following everything the progressional told me to do by the letter.For some reason the results started well and are now going in the opposite direction

Just finished up with some more short game work in the basement. Working on not decelerating on my chips.0

Went to the range today to work on iron swing and wedges. Iron swing was a little long to start so I started focusing on swinging to 9:00 and it felt much shorter and the contact was more solid. After hitting a few hybrids I decided to hit driver and it was all over the place. Spent 10 mins working on tempo and swing length and just wasn't where I wanted it. Swing is real long and tempo is out of whack.

Spent the last 10 mind hitting 54,50 and pw to targets and working on chip shots. Glad it's winter time and I have a couple months before the start of the season. Lessons will start in feb

Wedge work out in the yard today. Took my gap wedge, 54, and 58 and did some distance control work - ten shots with each wedge from 10, 20, and 30 paces from the target. Then I did 20 flop shots with the 58 from varying distance. Finally did three shots with each from 50 and 75, and 5 each with the GW and 54 from 100.

Results were mixed but I feel like there's some good stuff to build on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't get to the course so I hit some pitches and chips in the local golf stores simulator. Mostly to prove out some things that I have been working on since I couldn't hit real balls at home. Been hitting putts a large part of the days to work on hitting my intended line and maintaining a "soft" grip. Basically I put a dime about 16" in front of my ball and attempt to roll the ball over the top of the center of the dime. I vary the stroke length to simulate different length putts.

Not much to do bc of crappy weather, so I rolled putts most of the afternoon upstairs. Rolling 8-10 foot putts to maintain stroke and posture.

Today I got in 2 hours of practice time on the range. Hit off mats but they got some of the better mats that I was able to hit down on and not feel the club bounce back into the ball. Was very happy with my swinging and worked on my tempo. Felt that my ball striking was the best it has been in some time. Also spent a good amount of time on the putting green, sand trap, chipping and pitching.

More putting practice in the man cave, really focused on making a consistent stroke. I hope to hit the range this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back