The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tech actually has 4 National Championships. 1990 being the only modern one, but Georgia's last was in 1980. Clemson's in 1981 as you've stated.

The NCAA doesn't recognize football national champions prior to the 1950 season when the "consensus" clause came into effect. They were essentially "self-proclaimed" prior to 1950. So, based on NCAA criteria, Georgia Tech and Georgia each have one. With that said, if my school claimed one, I would certainly count it as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS

The NCAA doesn't recognize football national champions prior to the 1950 season when the "consensus" clause came into effect. They were essentially "self-proclaimed" prior to 1950. So, based on NCAA criteria, Georgia Tech and Georgia each have one. With that said, if my school claimed one, I would certainly count it as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS
1952 - 12-0 named champions in Berryman, INS and Poling, worth arguing about. The 1928 and 1917 are so far back and ball was different then. Though worth noting that Bobby Dodd was coach in '52 and Heisman in '17 and they are both considered championship winning coaches.

1952 - 12-0 named champions in Berryman, INS and Poling, worth arguing about. The 1928 and 1917 are so far back and ball was different then. Though worth noting that Bobby Dodd was coach in '52 and Heisman in '17 and they are both considered championship winning coaches.

In the link provided, the bold school is the NCAA recognized national champion. Michigan State is the lone recognized school from 1952. Semantics, I guess. Like I said, if my school had one, I would claim it to hell and back.

Bobby Dodd is from my hometown. He moved to Tennessee at 13.

In the link provided, the bold school is the NCAA recognized national champion. Michigan State is the lone recognized school from 1952. Semantics, I guess. Like I said, if my school had one, I would claim it to hell and back.

Bobby Dodd is from my hometown. He moved to Tennessee at 13.
Very true on the claimed Championships. That's why Bama claims umpteen hundreds of them.

Very true on the claimed Championships. That's why Bama claims umpteen hundreds of them.

We have 700...and may have defeated the ancient Romans. :alien:

We have 700...and may have defeated the ancient Romans. :alien:

I will give you this...it certainly means more to Bammer fans than most anyone else!

Seriously though, congrats...........again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that seems like quite a lot to the attourneys and not too much to the accuser. I bet FSU is happy to have this one behind them and Winston gone and not really their problem anymore. Just a horrible situation all the way around.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...-jameis-winston-s-rape-accuser-174935803.html
[h=1]Florida State settles with Jameis Winston's rape accuser for $950k[/h]
FSU agreed to pay Kinsman $950,000, which included $700,000 in attorney fees, and pledged a five-year commitment to awareness, prevention and training programs for victims of sexual abuse. FSU also agreed to publish annual reports of sexual harassment allegations and abuse of its programs for the next five years.

Wow, that seems like quite a lot to the attourneys and not too much to the accuser. I bet FSU is happy to have this one behind them and Winston gone and not really their problem anymore. Just a horrible situation all the way around.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...-jameis-winston-s-rape-accuser-174935803.html
[h=1]Florida State settles with Jameis Winston's rape accuser for $950k[/h]
God bless the legal system.

700k in legal fees lol.

Legit.

The lawyers should be sued for rape next.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

God bless the legal system.

700k in legal fees lol.

Legit.

The lawyers should be sued for rape next.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wow 700k in legal fees is ridiculous. I think there needs to be an audit of whether those fees are legit.

Tennessee seemed to get into a lot of doors in states I would never expect.

Florida State settles with Jameis Winston's rape accuser for $950k
These legal fees are just getting ridiculous!
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...million-of-school-s-legal-fees-212025840.html
[h=1]FSU booster club to pay $1.3 million of school's legal fees[/h]

5 days before NSD and this comes out:

Ole Miss Charged

Anyone that follows recruiting isn't shocked by this I'm sure but the NCAA's timing of this.....LOL Wow. Shall see if it turns come kids off come Wednesday when it's time to fax!

5 days before NSD and this comes out:

Ole Miss Charged

Anyone that follows recruiting isn't shocked by this I'm sure but the NCAA's timing of this.....LOL Wow. Shall see if it turns come kids off come Wednesday when it's time to fax!
Yeah it certainly is odd for an investigation that goes back to Oct 14. They chose an odd time to hit them with the LOA.

Yeah it certainly is odd for an investigation that goes back to Oct 14. They chose an odd time to hit them with the LOA.

I'm sure Saban picked up the phone and told the NCAA to announce the news today. He needed a few more 5 stars to commit by Wednesday. :D

I'm sure Saban picked up the phone and told the NCAA to announce the news today. He needed a few more 5 stars to commit by Wednesday. :D
No way did that happen.

The Red Elephant Club makes those phone calls for him, everyone knows that.

Wow 700k in legal fees is ridiculous. I think there needs to be an audit of whether those fees are legit.

This is pure speculation, but I very strongly suspect that the parties allocated $700k of the settlement value to legal fees for tax reasons. The amount allocated to legal fees does not necessarily have to reflect the true amount of fees the lawyers are collecting so long as it is reasonable--and in this case $700k is almost certainly reasonable for a multi-year high profile case--from the IRS's perspective. So there are probably some real advantages to to the plaintiff (the accuser) to allocating so much to legal fees.

It's signing day folks... How'd your school do?
I'm very happy that Auburn was able to get Nate Craig-Myers back on board and close with Derrick Brown. Our WR and DL classes are outstanding.

Well, my team started the day ranked 32nd with it's class and as of now it's ranked 10th. I'd say that's pretty good coming off a 5-7 season. :D

Well, my team started the day ranked 32nd with it's class and as of now it's ranked 10th. I'd say that's pretty good coming off a 5-7 season. :D

Great day for us Horns fans. #LetsRide

Top class in the Big 12 also right?

good to see my UH Cougars have a good class and build off last year. Hate to see the WR commit to Florida, but a solid group to build with.

Top class in the Big 12 also right?

good to see my UH Cougars have a good class and build off last year. Hate to see the WR commit to Florida, but a solid group to build with.

Per the "experts", yes. Huge day today and was nice to see them take some ESPN time away from the SEC and Big 10 teams. :D

Yea, what's the deal with that WR? Arky coach didn't seem to have nice things to say about Florida calling them the new OldMiss?! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back