The Eagle - Elusive or Regular

Very rare, probably could count on two hands, maybe one the many I've made in the last 6 or so years.

Ive had 2 ever so very rare for me

Played 70 or so roundsin 2015 & had 3. Not common but something I aim for.

I've had five, I think. Two were on the same hole, and if you par that hole, you feel horrible.

Very elusive, maybe 1 a year but it is highly dependent on the courses I play.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Definitely elusive. I get no eagle looks playing my home course from the tips. This year I plan on mixing up the yardages a lot so hopefully I'll get more opportunities

Oh, this thread isnt about me.

But seriously, I probably get a handful a year, if I am lucky. Definitely not a regular thing for my game.

We have a couple shorter par 5s on my home course so there's a chance for eagle every once in a while, but from the back tees where I normally play from they are few and far between. I probably made 3 or 4 last year.

I would say somewhat common. Once every 3 or 4 rounds or so

How often do you think you make an eagle? Playing with MikeDean441 last week, I made eagle on a par 5 and realized it was my first one in quite some time. I have friends that play their home course quite often and talk about making eagle every few rounds (their course has 2 easy par 5s).

Do you have an eagle in your game frequently?

I don't know the frequency I get an eagle, but it's not really a rare thing for me.

Maybe, one a year at my home course. Most par 5s are reachable from the blue tees (6350). Outside of that it's very elusive

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I'd say I get between 5 and 7 eagles per year. Only on my home course, which has a 255 yard, very driveable par 4....it's flat and has zero trouble around the green.

I can't remember the last time I got an eagle on any other course, so I'm going with elusive here.

~Rock

I've only had a few in my life, heck birdies are hard enough to come by

Elusive for this guy. I've had one in the 18ish years I've been playing golf.

Elusive...on most courses I play, the par 5's from white tees are 480-520+ yds, which means bomb drive and bomb 3wd for me to even think about it. I can only remember having one chance ever at eagle and that was after hitting a perfect fade on my 2nd shot with a strong 3wd, and I 3 putted the damn thing, ugh.

I plan on having more chances for eagle once my GBB arrives and I get it dialed in this year.

Actual eagle is very elusive...opportunity to make eagle, plenty. Only one eagle in my golfing life.

I guess it depends on the course, and holes. Usually end up with a couple a year (opening par 5 on the home course is reachable in 2 on the right day).

My best day had me end up with two eagles within 10 holes (same hole on two separate matches). 5 wood to a couple feet and a knee knocker for eagle both times.

Other courses though? Much rarer occurrence for me.

I have only in my 2.5yrs had one, and that was a year ago. 80 yard skip and roll into the cup on Christmas.

Elusive...last one was on 5/29 of last year. Did have one round where I had two in the same round in 2014. Here's to more in 2016

We've got a 460 yard par 5 that really plays shorter than that. For one thing, the measurement is to the middle of the green, and the green is the size of Minnesota. The front of the green is extremely accessible. If you hit a hard fade off the tee, you're hitting a middle iron in. I'm talking about a very average recreational hitter, not a bomber.

For some reason, it's not the number 18 handicap hole, but it's the easiest hole on the course in that three putt pars abound there. (That first putt can be from a different area code because an errant shot will still find the huge green.) The only real threat is if you try to take too much water off the dogleg because you want to hit an eight or nine iron into a par five.

If a ten or twelve capper doesn't have an eagle putt on the hole, he feels that he's really mucked it up. You don't make a lot of them, but you're going to make some.

I have zero. Heck, for me birdies are elusive.

I can count all them ever on one hand

Didn't have any last year. Have 10 lifetime. So with my age and years length of play, they are for sure elusive!

Back