SkiBumGolfer I'm calling you out! #THPCallout

ArmyGolf

#Rise&Grind
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
When: This Saturday at the butt crack of dawn. Forecast is cold, windy, and rainy.
Where: North Bellingham Golf Course
Game: Match Play. Lift, Clean, and Cheat probably in full effect given the conditions here lately.
Strokes: I'll give 5 strokes, 4 if you're feeling confident.

The tale of the tape.
Skibum and I have played together on countless occasions and have seen each others best and worst (sometimes on the same freaking hole!). We've grown to be great friends through THP and we do whatever we can to play golf together as often as possible. We know each others' game's better than we know our own it seems and our scores are typically not too far apart, especially at North Bellingham. North Bellingham is technically his home track but I've played there enough that it's probably Switzerland. Despite our many enjoyable rounds together I don't think we've ever directly competed 1v1 before so I figure why the heck not?
He's capable of kicking my arse when he brings his best and his solid tee game and iron play makes me a little nervous. Meanwhile I stumble around the track looking like an Octopus falling out of a tree, but I get the ball in the hole every now and then.

ArmyGolf WITB:
R15 driver
D200 FW and Hybo
J40 Hybo
FG Tour V4 Irons
J40 wedges
V-Line putter
W/S Duo Ball
Clicgear Umbrella

SkiBum WITB:
R15 Black 460 12*
Big Bertha 3W
J40 3h and 4h
Z-Star 5-PW
JPX 50*
Forged Copper 54*/58*
Cottonwood II putter

Let's ROCK buddy!

Last edited:
It is going to be warmer in BC this Saturday than it will be in Ohio. This offends me, but makes me happy you guys get to play!!!

Going with my buddy from the Legacy... Bring home the "W" Army!!

Going with ArmyGolf on this one.

Armygolf ftw in this one

I like it. my bros going at it! Having played with both at this course I know it could go either way. I'm giving the nod to Army though because I believe he'll weather the conditions just a slightly bit better. I wish I would be back in home to go play with you guys. would be fun to be there for this.

Don't know here. Just going to go opposite of the group here. Going with SkiBum. He's already proved he loves the cold.

Having played with you guys last year, and hoping to do so more this year, have a great time. A little too cold and wet for me though.

Ooooh its on!!!! Despite a need to pull for the Cdn, I am all in on SkiBum for the win!

PNW bringing it with a #callout. I love it. Army's use of the term Switzerland is prophetic...I'm blatantly straddling the fence on this battle Royale between two great THPers I've had the privilege to tee it up with. I predict a tie.

Sorry, SkiBum. Gotta go with Curtis. #TeamHeritage

I had a feeling this was coming haha. Curtis is right, we play together all the time and on this particular course we can almost predict the other guy's misses! He's got one of the best short games I've seen either side of the 49th parallel, drops putts from all over the place, and just has this way of getting the ball in the hole when his tee game isn't working. And when it is, he can be pretty sneaky long too. I'll have my work cut out for me, but it'll be a blast!

Seems I'm the underdog at this juncture, but I like it that way, it gives me motivation :D As for my WITB this day:

R15 Black 460 12*
Big Bertha 3W
J40 3h and 4h
Z-Star 5-PW
JPX 50*
Forged Copper 54*/58*
Cottonwood II putter

Army you can fill that in the first post as well if you like.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Whom to choose! Have played rounds with each of you. I'm so torn. My gut is saying Armygolf, but I've got a funky feeling about Skibumgolfer playing well. I'm going with the guy with the custom handcrafted VT themed Project X shaft! Take him down Ryan!

Great matchup here! Not ever playing with either I'm going to go with ArmyGolf for 2 reasons. When I first joined THP I looked at his WITB photo more than anyone else's plus had I made the Legacy trip he was my teammate! Taking Curtis on this one. Have fun fellas.

Sorry SkiBum. As much as I like you, as a former Abbotsford resident, I gotta roll with my friendly Langley boy.

PS. Hoping to be up there this spring. I'll let you know - we'll definitely all get a round in. I haven't played up there at all really since I started playing a couple years ago...

I'm Navy so you will never hear me utter 'Go Army'. Git'er done, SkiBum :wink:

And regardless of who wins, I hope y'all have a great time!

Gotta pick the Canadian in this one.

As a fellow skier I must go with SkiBum. As a well qualified bum myself, I think he going to kick ArmyGolf's bum!

I'm all about the Skibum. The Force is strong with him.

I love this... ! My money is on army! Sorry Ryan! Wish I could be there

No doubt I got Armygolf in this one!!

This sounds like it's going to be a great match. I'll go with Army for the win.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Going against the currents and picking GolfBumSkier (winter names in effect also?) :banana:

I've beat armygolf before #shotsfired. So can SkiBumGolfer.

Back