The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always question someone who would benefit financially from my purchase on stuff like this. They may be totally right but I'll still question and research it before just blindly following along. If they are right, I'll learn to trust them. My coach now has never told me I need a different club or set of clubs

I was just refilling my washer fluid tank. Went to snap the cover back on and put my thumb through the plastic. 16 year old car + cold = plastic fail. Now to find a new cap.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Honda dealer can order me a new one for $10 plus tax. Hopefully my wiper fluid doesn't freeze up completely before it comes in.

I am pretty sure that these fertility appointments are destroying our marriage. Apparently the 3rd round is going to be our last. Not by choice, but by medical instructions.

I hate my life right now.
It's rough brother. The fertility stuff sucked the joy (and intimacy) out of the act of baby making for us. They also sucked thousands of dollars out of our account as well, with no results. What worked? An unplanned weekend getaway, a month off of fertility stuff, and talk of adoption. Once the stress was out of the equation, we caught lightning in a bottle. Now that won't work for everyone, and we haven't been able to replicate that scenario a second time, but we have gone the foster/adoption route for #2. It's equally daunting (in it's own fashion) but possibly one that you guys could consider down the road. I feel for you and your wife though ... the whole wanting to have kids, but not succeeding sucks something fierce.

Great big Bertha irons from the 90's.He is a great mentor to me.The patience he has shown me during our lessons is unbelievable.His knowledge is light years of what I can ever know about golf and equipment.If he knows clubs that will help my needs than he would be the one to ask.
Just my opinion, but the Great Big Bertha irons were some of the most forgiving irons of their time. They are older, yes, but from what you've posted here, there's several red flags thrown up. I'm not saying your Pro isn't looking out for your best interest, but what he said about Callaway not being for high handicappers (or almost any other brand for that matter) is misguided.

Just my opinion, but the Great Big Bertha irons were some of the most forgiving irons of their time. They are older, yes, but from what you've posted here, there's several red flags thrown up. I'm not saying your Pro isn't looking out for your best interest, but what he said about Callaway not being for high handicappers (or almost any other brand for that matter) is misguided.
. I'm short on funds to do this as of now.But he is an expert and a PGA certified pro.He should be the one that knows IMHO

. I'm short on funds to do this as of now.But he is an expert and a PGA certified pro.He should be the one that knows IMHO

Being a pro and certified to give lessons doesn't necessarily mean he's exempt from giving misguided advice on golf clubs, especially if it may put additional money in his wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a pro and certified to give lessons doesn't necessarily mean he's exempt from giving misguided advice on golf clubs, especially if it may put additional money in his wallet.
What Russ said. Simply put, your tools might not be the most up-to-date, but if cost is a limiting factor it is what it is. What does he expect you to do? Seems like your options are to go deep into debt to buy new clubs, or quit the game. What sort of options are those?

Rather, he needs to work with you on your game with your current equipment. Might not be ideal, but if he's worth a damn, he'll be able to teach you.

Ok dude, go ahead and do it. No one here is stopping you, but his advice is 100% ridiculous. Callaway, and almost all other OEMs all make great clubs for even the highest handicap golfers. Your clubs aren't the problem. You can get around just fine with the irons you have with some instruction.

If it was me I would be looking for someone else.

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else Chip. He may be right and new sticks may be able to help you, but the idea that Callaway is bad for high handicappers is crazy talk. With a few exceptions, most of the OEM's make very forgiving sets designed for high handicappers, and Callaway has made as many as anybody.

It's rough brother. The fertility stuff sucked the joy (and intimacy) out of the act of baby making for us. They also sucked thousands of dollars out of our account as well, with no results. What worked? An unplanned weekend getaway, a month off of fertility stuff, and talk of adoption. Once the stress was out of the equation, we caught lightning in a bottle. Now that won't work for everyone, and we haven't been able to replicate that scenario a second time, but we have gone the foster/adoption route for #2. It's equally daunting (in it's own fashion) but possibly one that you guys could consider down the road. I feel for you and your wife though ... the whole wanting to have kids, but not succeeding sucks something fierce.

Same situation for a good buddy of mine. He and his wife went through 3 rounds of IVF, along with months of fertility drugs. He said they had basically given up on having a kid and then got pregnant 3 months later - it just happened after they quit stressing about it.

I am so mentally checked out at work that it is annoying. I need a career change or something to kickstart a better outlook.

Some days happy hour just cant come quick enough.

Ready for this day to be over.

Cheers to that. Haven't been drinking during the week....until today.

Virtual clink of the glass.
Although mine would be frozen because its a billion below here.

Like others have said, I'm shocked that it was suggested that Callaway does not make clubs suitable for high handicapped golfers. I was in need of game improvement clubs and the pros directed me to Callaway. Maybe your current clubs just do not fit you. I don't know, but perhaps someone on this site can say whether or not your current clubs could be adjusted to fit you if necessary. I read in the book "Search for the Perfect Club" that fitting is a good idea even for the high handicappers. So perhaps you should see a good club fitter before you do anything.

The pro said the problem is also my clubs.Im playing a old set of Callaway irons and he told me anything affiliated with them is bad news for high handicappers.He is trying to custom fit me with a off brand company I never heard of.Im just a little tight on money to make that type of purchase.But I'm totally committed to him and believe all of his advice he gives me
Great big Bertha irons from the 90's.He is a great mentor to me.The patience he has shown me during our lessons is unbelievable.His knowledge is light years of what I can ever know about golf and equipment.If he knows clubs that will help my needs than he would be the one to ask.
Clubs from the 90's have certainly been surpassed by modern technology which would help you. But saying Callaway is bad for high handicappers is flat out wrong.

Trying to get you into non-name brand gear when there is literally tons of slightly used stuff out in the market from every major manufacturer that can be had for pennies on the dollar seems pretty weird to me.

Clubs from the 90's have certainly been surpassed by modern technology which would help you. But saying Callaway is bad for high handicappers is flat out wrong.

Trying to get you into non-name brand gear when there is literally tons of slightly used stuff out in the market from every major manufacturer that can be had for pennies on the dollar seems pretty weird to me.

Hey Frank.....what ever happened to the coach/kiddo game over the weekend that you were out on? Did they play?

Ask him about his thoughts on the Big Bertha irons for a guy with a handicap like you have. Given that your short on funds, I may be able to help....you would just need to find some shafts that are suitable for you.

Honda dealer can order me a new one for $10 plus tax. Hopefully my wiper fluid doesn't freeze up completely before it comes in.

Wouldn't think it would, unless you have summertime washer fluid in. Good luck!

I wish people would quit posting pictures as attachments. Odds are that I'm not going to click on a bunch of attachments when you could have inserted them in the body of your post.

I have to in the Marketplace (because they have to be approved), and I might even insert them in the post for you. But in regular posts, I'm probably going to miss a cool picture because I don't want to have to click on it to see it.

Wouldn't think it would, unless you have summertime washer fluid in. Good luck!
I just added some that says it's good down to -25*. It seemed pretty dang cold today. The part will be in tomorrow so I think I'll be good.

Fake people.

Some times not being able to just yell at someone sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back