The Eagle - Elusive or Regular

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How often do you think you make an eagle? Playing with a THPer last week, I made eagle on a par 5 and realized it was my first one in quite some time. I have friends that play their home course quite often and talk about making eagle every few rounds (their course has 2 easy par 5s).

Do you have an eagle in your game frequently?

I've only ever had one eagle. So I'd say it's pretty elusive.

For me elusive, very elusive. I have yet to make one.

With the courses I play around where I live and as short as they are, yes, it's not uncommon to me.

Normal courses, it's less.

Elusive for sure. I get maybe 1 a year if I am lucky.

i play 2-3 times a week at my home course. we are par 70 with 2 par 5's. i may make 2-3 eagles a year

Depends on the course I play really. My old course I worked at, if I didn't have an eagle every 2 or 3 rounds that was rare. Even had a 10 footer for back to back eagles and lipped out. Now, playing much harder courses more often, eagles are much harder to come by. Maybe once every 25-30 rounds. So I would consider it very elusive to me know.

elusive as heck. I can count on one hand how many I have had in almost 20 years

Maybe one a year....definitely infrequent.

Elusive. More chances than ever this year, but nothing to show for it.

I have had three eagles ever. And one of those was when I was playing a couple of warn up holes, so it didn't even count in my score. (I was expecting big things after that hole and wound up being lost the whole actual round and shot 99 I think)

1 per season I'd guess. I know I had 3 last year but one was a 65y hole out. I've gone seasons without making one

Only ever had the one eagle so pretty rare for me, although I have been close a few times at my home course so hoping I can add to my tally this year

I've only had 2 ever. I've missed a lot more eagle putts that result in an easy birdie and I am always happy when that happens, but eagles are quite rare for me.

Rarely. Once a year if lucky.

I have never had one, but I have had a hole in one so for me it might as well be a unicorn.

VERY rare. i've had 3 in my life. 2 on the same hole several years ago, and 1 last year when i holed out from the fairway. that's it.

Only 2 or 3 a year and I often play on a par 9 with an easy par 5 (for a good golfer anyway). It is short (450-460) but has a lake that doesn't allow driver off tee or even 3W in warmer temps. I can hit hybrid/hybrid in summer so I occasionally get lucky at get my eagle.

One of my weekly leagues rotates tees, so on the weeks we're playing the forward tees I have a couple of decent chances.

Very elusive, I can think of three or four total. However eagle chances are quite regular, but very difficult to get it done.

VERY rare for me. Last one I had was THPMC prep in 2014. Flew in a 7-iron on a par 5. Posted it here somewhere. Was very exciting but alas, not a frequent occurrence for me in the least.
:bulgy-eyes:

I have one total, on a par 4.

Have a few three putt pars though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty elusive. Heck even birdies are elusive to me. I've had two actual birdies that I know of and they were 3-4 years apart but I don't play nearly enough.

I think I've only ever had 2 or 3 in my career lol really rare for me unfortunately. Ive had a decent number of chances but couldnt make the putt because it was a long ways.

It is pretty rare. I think I've had not quite 1 per season since I got back into the game about 4 or 5 years ago.

Back