Not every round, they come and go. My though to get rid of them is "finish left" - they creep up when I'm swinging at the ball instead of through it, especially on less than full shots.

Have I crept a little close to el hosel on the rare occasion? Yes.

Have I repeatedly done that to the point of infinite rage? No.

AH but you have witnessed it in person on more than once occasion this year :alien:

Safe to say its not fun for anyone involved when the s****s are in full blown mode

There is “a shank” and “The Shanks”

I’ve dealt with both. A shank is a head scratcher, one of those “what the hell just happened”. I shrug it off and hit it again. The Shanks are something entirely worse...I try to figure it out, get frustrated, complain, spend hours at the range and ultimately ask for help. God those are horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is it exactly. I caught the shanks mid round (carded a quality 39-49) and they stayed with me for the better part of a year. Golf was really hard to enjoy during that time. Any time I hit a 6 iron down to a chip shot. It was the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced.

Anyway, I got over them. And searching for a cure is really how I found THP to begin with IIRC.

Now I have the power over the shank. If one happens, I do not fear.

(goes to cry in the corner)

AH but you have witnessed it in person on more than once occasion this year :alien:

Safe to say its not fun for anyone involved when the s****s are in full blown mode

I struggled in the weeks leading up to RR. It was borderline s****s, but just different. This years episodes were full blown, 5 alarm scary.

No, but I do have a rare sort of "toe shank" that happens once in a blue moon where I hit so far out on the toe with the face too closed and end up with a weak, low shot out to the right like a shank. Contact is actually (at least partially) on the leading edge of the toe of the club.

Oh man do they ever show up and without an invitation.

Every year a get real flat and laid off, I have to Bring the club in Hard from the inside and it leads to hosel first.

When I lived in Florida I lost I think 9 balls on the first tee due to shanks and it was the first time I ever walked off a course

Yes! Gotta love the mysterious shank that comes out of nowhere. I probably do it 3-4 times a season and it used to really bother me and make me nervous thinking it might happen again. Now I just laugh it off and if it happens it happens... Just gotta tell my playing partners not to stand to the right of me for awhile haha

I'll go 10 rounds without one and them bam!!! I'll shoot one sideways. 99% time it's with 56* and late in the round when I'm fatigued. As mentioned above I stop turning and arms come away from my body. My fix is make sure to not be lazy and make a full turn.

Once every 6 or 7 rounds I'll shank a 50* wedge late in the round. For a while it seemed like it always happened on #17 of a course we play somewhat regularly after a killer drive. At one point my playing partner told me to drop a second ball for my approach before I even hit the first one. lol

Usually once a year I will shank 2 or 3 partial wedge shots in a row. After those, I overcompensate to make sure it doesn't happen again and the rest of the wedges for that round are pulled. Forget about it the next time out and back to my normal game.

They come and go with absolutely no rhyme or reason. Last time I had them was in early spring 2017 and they came out of nowhere. I was at Shadow Creek and playing a terrific round. I get to Hole 7, which is about a 530 yard par 5. I hit a monster drive and actually only have a 6i into the green. I hit my shot and shank right into the trees on the left. My caddie looks at me and says "what was that?" He tells me to hit another one and same thing. We drop another one and he watches my swing with the absolute same results and he did not see anything obvious in my swing to cause it. I ended up hitting a PW and then another wedge into the green. Next hole, number 8, which is a 180 yard par 3. I pulled out my 7i or 8i (can't remember which) and proceeded to shank 4 in a row off the tee box. Again, absolutely nothing felt or looked different. I struggled through the round hitting great drives and great short game but shanked just about every 5i - 8i.

It lasted a few weeks and then I went to see my instructor. I'm not exactly sure what he did to correct it but I was fixed. I'm not even sure he was certain what he did to correct it. Fortunately it hasn't hit me like that this year.

Shank off the hosel, rarely. Shank off the end of the toe, Usually averages out to one or two a round for the year. Might have none for a while than a few in a stretch.

Several years ago I got a bad case of the shanks. Made me not want to play at all for a while. I did a lot of drills and watched videos trying to get rid of them. One thing that helped me out a ton was when one of my golf mentors told me I was only an inch away from a great shot. This stuck with me and gave me the motivation to work through the problem. At some point I realized that I was literally swinging the shaft at the ball and not the club face. Once I understood this I was able to make an adjustment. I would set the ball up way out on the toe of the club and try to strike the inside back of the ball with the toe. The exaggerated feelings gave me a better sense of what was happening and I was able to slowly eliminate THE SHANKS. I’ll still occasionally shank a ball but they are few and far between. As always seems to happen with my golf swing the pendulum always swings the other way. I have been hitting several balls of the toe. Not terrible but enough that I need to deal with it before I start really having issues. Yay for a new problem to work out. ?

More often that I would like recently. It is rare that I would shank anything but a 1/2 to 3/4 wedge although I did shank an 8I off the tee on a par three a couple of weeks ago! :)

Lately, frequently.

Danny Le and I had a conversation this weekend about shanks and how ruining they are and can be.

I’m not one that suffers from it, despite having every other miss out there. My questions to you are, do they creep into your game? Is it every round? How do you get rid of them?

Without a doubt, they creep in to my game... often. Not quite every round, but when they come on, it takes a little bit to get rid of them. It's usually an OTT thing for me. Just have to remind myself to stay inside and I'm usually ok from there.

Danny Le and I had a conversation this weekend about shanks and how ruining they are and can be.

I’m not one that suffers from it, despite having every other miss out there. My questions to you are, do they creep into your game? Is it every round? How do you get rid of them?

Never heard of em...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paging JRod....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope! Praise the lord. I suck in other ways but the shanks don't happen other than a very occasional one.

My 13 year old is normally a very good ballstriker. During a round last week he had his first ever case of the shanks. By hole 12 he was in tears saying "dad, waaaaa! How do I fix this??" I wasn't real sure what to say. Try not to hit off the hosel? That didn't seem real helpful. Luckily he was one and done with them. He struck it well the next time out.

Of course I do.

I havent had one for years but have had 2 this year, one from a lazy swing and the other from trying to hit an iron to hard instead of changing clubs.

This thread even existing gives me anxiety. Never had a problem until the last 2 years. They gave come and gone during that time but funny enough it's mostly at the range or in a simulator. It left me very frustrated and scared to play an actual round.

Very few shanks for me. Hitting them fat is my problem all too often

Eff the shanks! I think that answers that...

Every couple of years the shanks creep in and devastate my rounds for a while, I take a break, and they go away. It just takes time away for me. Happened earlier this year.

Back