Used to shank big time out of bunkers until a teacher cured it with one lesson. I won;t say when I shanked last because Murphy and Karma are viewing this thread.

I get a serious bout of the shanks every freaking year, and it drives me nuts. Some years it lasts for two weeks, sometimes for two months.

I get rid of them by finding a way to rotate my hips instead of swaying usually.

My gap wedge says hello. :banghead:

YEARS ago I really fought the shanks. They almost caused me to give up golf. I found a "fix," and now they'll show up once or twice a year, for 2-3 shots per round, but my confidence to eliminate them is much better now than it was previously.

I really feel empathy for golfers experiencing bouts of this most debilitating golf mis-hit!

Yep, worked with my Pro this week & he gave me a couple drills to get the club back where it needs to be

Yes they happen from time to time. They tend to show up like a fever blister......no warning whatsoever. In retrospect, I seem to find that it's when I start to play golf swing rather than golf. The only effective way for me to get rid of them is to walk up to the shot, look at the target, look down at the ball and swing! Nothing else, just swing. After about two holes of that, they are gone and I can settle into a routine again with the aforementioned malady gone for the time being.

JM

I shanked every single ball in my bag once, one after the other. This was followed by me snapping my driver in half. I’ll occasionally hit a shank these days, but nowhere near as badly as I used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherman Tanks occasionally stop for a visit but they move on with a little focus...thankfully!

I went through a stretch of about 2 weeks this summer where I couldn't get rid of them. It was one of the most frustrating stretches of golf I've experienced in my golfing career and took the fun out of it. It usually ends up happening once a year but never to that extent.

This year has been the worst in this department for me and it makes me a strange combo of very sad and very mad. I stopped using my 58* PM Grind and things have gotten better.

I can send a hosel rocket left, straight, or right.

Do they creep into your game? Not on the course but occasionally on the range.
Is it every round? No
How do you get rid of them? I pray for them to go away.

True story - THP Hogan event in 2016. We all had Hogan irons built for us, we received them the day before play. On the range prior to our first competition round I was shanking every iron I swung on the range, even my own wedges. I was scared, seriously afraid!!!! I spent so much time working on the range trying to solve the problem that I almost missed joining everyone to meet for our tee time. My partner was T4K and I don't know if he knew how nervous I was. Miraculously, during the weekends play I didn't shank one time. I have now idea what I did to solve the problem but I was so thankful it went away.

I shank short wedge shots every few rounds. The worst was a total meltdown and had 8 or 9 in a single tournament round. That messed my head up for months

Sure do and i have more this year than in all lf my golf career combined

Once in a while, but my biggest issue is chunking it.

LOL!

Yeah I shank, I even got the shanks at the Morgan Cup...:banghead:
That was the worst part of that whole event, my own game.

I will add that I get rid of the shanks by feeling like I am going to hit the ball with the toe of the club.
It helps get my strike away from the hosel but YMMV and too much of anything can be a bad thing.

Not really. I make pretty consistent contact. My problem is more directional.

Do I shank?

Like Sean Connery being asked what happened to the Titanic. :good:

Back