JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Another cable company jumping into mobile. Looks as if they run on Verizon towers. Offering a pretty solid $45 per line unlimited data deal.

Need to know more about throttling.

Another cable company jumping into mobile. Looks as if they run on Verizon towers. Offering a pretty solid $45 per line unlimited data deal.

That is what I pay directly through Verizon for unlimited with 4 lines and I've used up to 50GB of data in a month without throttling.

Now, if there's a discount for cable/internet users, I'd be tempted to try it once the 2 year contract is up in April.

Another cable company jumping on Verizon's towers. Xfinity already does it, I've heard good things. Verizon must make a bunch of $$ by renting out their towers.

• Admin
That is what I pay directly through Verizon for unlimited with 4 lines and I've used up to 50GB of data in a month without throttling.

Now, if there's a discount for cable/internet users, I'd be tempted to try it once the 2 year contract is up in April.

I have to check our bill but I think there is a bit of savings.

So is it 45/line then like 20 for access, another 30 for the phone lease etc? Even with my work perks 23% off verizon/att etc (which doesn't apply to unlimited plans so we have a 20gb with att), it's still 180/month. (Verizon in store wouldn't honor the discount, but on the phone did but wouldn't give me anything in writing until I signed a contract.. oh and there was 10 off cell and 10 off cable+internet as well.. but they lost me as a customer by not securing the work discount)

As for spectrum, I've never considered one of these plans but for $90/month vs 180 it's something to consider. I presume you have to buy your phone first and unlock it to use the network, etc?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So is it 45/line then like 20 for access, another 30 for the phone lease etc? Even with my work perks 23% off verizon/att etc (which doesn't apply to unlimited plans so we have a 20gb with att), it's still 180/month. (Verizon in store wouldn't honor the discount, but on the phone did but wouldn't give me anything in writing until I signed a contract.. oh and there was 10 off cell and 10 off cable+internet as well.. but they lost me as a customer by not securing the work discount)

As for spectrum, I've never considered one of these plans but for $90/month vs 180 it's something to consider. I presume you have to buy your phone first and unlock it to use the network, etc?

Thru Verizon now, it's $45 for unlimited data talk and text, only additional fees are phone payments and taxes you can't avoid. Ill be giving them a call to see if I can get a new bundle with cell, cable and internet at a good discount if it's got Verizon reliability and cheaper!

Thru Verizon now, it's $45 for unlimited data talk and text, only additional fees are phone payments and taxes you can't avoid. Ill be giving them a call to see if I can get a new bundle with cell, cable and internet at a good discount if it's got Verizon reliability and cheaper!
Damn, I'm only 6 months in to my att contract.. but they have to charge that access fee for smart phones right? That's the extra 20 per line they say is required... I'd be thoroughly surprised if they don't charge it anymore

Maybe the 45/line is for 4+ lines.. with 2, it's showing 65/month

• Admin

The biggest question I have is are the taxes and fees lower, because you are going through cable? If so, this could save a bit.

Damn, I'm only 6 months in to my att contract.. but they have to charge that access fee for smart phones right? That's the extra 20 per line they say is required... I'd be thoroughly surprised if they don't charge it anymore

That $45 might include the access fee. And as JB said savings might be in taxes too. I am, however, looking forward to no device payments in April which means $60 off for 2 lines.

Maybe the 45/line is for 4+ lines.. with 2, it's showing 65/month

According to Spectrum there is no additional access fee, but that is just from what I have read online.

+1
ground.png

It's funny to think that they are undercutting the company whose towers they are using, yet still making money....

I'll stick with Verizon for now, but man I'd love more competition out there.

Back