aljaklaw

bobo
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
tequila
What is the worst golf glove you have ever used? You know, the one that you thought would be so awesome and it turned out to be a complete pile of dog turd! I've used plenty of gloves, some great, some just OK, some that were clearly made for people that don't have to pay for gloves. There are two that stand out as being the Worst of the Worst.

For me, it is between the Zero Friction Compression Fit Glove and the Bionic StableGrip Glove.

The ZF glove ticked the boxes. Compression fits all! Cool. Button-style ball marker! Cool. Plastic tee in an attached loop! Cool. Extra material for durability! Cool.
Reality: It felt like I was wearing a latex glove. Long fingers, weird pressure. The tee holder was not very practical in use. The extra material wore through about as quickly as a paper-thin glove. Awful.

That was a bad glove, but it is beat out in this race to the bottom by the StableGrip. The packaging reads pretty much like an infomercial, promising to fix your grip issues. Extra pads everywhere to promote a light grip, and proper placement. It all makes sense in that late-night infomercial way. In-store, everything felt fine.
Reality: My hands are on fire! Not long after starting play, I get a burning sensation in the fingers and palm, where all the extra padding is. I power through it, figuring the glove just needs time to break in. By the end of the round, I've already worn a hole in some of the pads. Yikes. These came in a 2-pack, so I give them another go, this time trying to break in the glove beforehand. I notice absolutely no benefit, and the durability again turns out to be on par with wet paper. To date the only glove/accessory that I have asked for a refund on.

What is your golf glove horror story?

I agree with you on the zero friction glove, it was terrible, I find it funny when a company says it's one size fits all, I still beleive this glove would be too small for a first grader.

I disagree on the Bionic glove however, I actually bought a couple of them and quite liked them and they lasted quite a while for me. I wouldn't say they are the best gloves out there, but they are not that bad

I have had a terrible time finding gloves that fit me - I even had two bored Edwin Watts employees helping one afternoon. The Bionic brand is the closest I can get to a proper fit.

Last year's StableGrip practically disintigrated. I bought 3, and all three ripped or tore or wore through but it wasn't me - all the issues were in different places. And at that price, no thanks. I sent them back to the company through their "six month warranty" program. I tried the "new and improved" version at retail - nope, same issue.

I tried the Bionic ComfortGrip (because again, weird hands and it was $10 cheaper and I'm a glutton for punishment) and who knew, it works great! Go figure?

Any UA glove. If they get even a little wet they turn brittle and tear.

I've had a cheap right handed Callaway glove rip after 2 holes, right on the seam at the top of the thumb. I threw it away and played with my usual left handed glove once I realized my right hand didn't hurt (cut open 2 months prior).

Going to go with the Zero Friction here as well. I thought it was such a cool glove when I saw it. It had two holes in in by the end of it's first time out. Never again.

That happens with most gloves for me. Especially gloves that are all leather.

I like the feeling of nothing at all on my hand, but hate what going gloveless does to my hand. So I buy the thinnest gloves I can find, which means they don't last for anything. Of those, the UA gloves have been the most uncomfortable I've tried. The Titleist Players gloves have been the most comfortable, but only lasts me for a few rounds and it's toast.

I have used the Bionic Stable Grip exclusively for quite a few years. I haven't had a problem at all with them. I can go 6 months to a year with one glove. I get a little wear on them but nothing like you guys have experienced.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I agree with the stable grip glove. I bought one by mistake and hated it. I normally use the relax grip and those are fine.

I’m actually a fan of the zero friction gloves. Never had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can never go back to any type of synthetic glove vs. 100% Cabretta leather. Also not a fan of mixed material gloves (mesh/leather), the seams always tend to rub/hurt on parts of my hand.

Honestly I think gloves are overrated. I think it's more important to find a proper grip (for you) that is comfortable and does not require a glove.

I personally use a glove maybe 3 or 4 shots a round. Usually it's during a time if my hands get to dry, or if it's incredibly humid. But even in Orlando in August I really only used a glove maybe 20% of the time.

The most disappointing one I had was the expensive Calloway one. I bought it on a trip when I realized I forgot my glove, it cost about $30 and felt amazing for the first half of the course, but it got a little wet from damp grass and sweat and after two rounds was hard as a rock.

Whiskey

For me every single glove lost its shape after one round of golf. My solution was to stop wearing a glove.
Believe it or not in the late 70's Nancy Lopez wore a single glove throughout an entire LPGA season, one which she won multiple tournaments.

I wouldn't say it was the worse glove, but vice's original glove was basically only good for a round or two. Not because it got brittle but because it was incredibly thin and would RIP. Otherwise it was a pretty good glove, but durability was not on the design spec.

I second this. ALso the stitching is weak and will fall apart

Back