Player #1-69-69-67-67
Player #2-69-64-64-75
Player #3-70-69-67-66
Player #4-68-74-66-66
Player #5-66-71-72-65
Player #6-68-67-71-69
Player #7-69-65-72-69
Player #8-71-70-69-63

Not a single one of these golfers advanced to the 2nd stage of Q-School this year. Obviously sites vary, but prepare to go low.

that's nuts, these guys are gooooooooooooooood

I don't know how Q school works. Were the players starting from a staggered ranking (i.e., based on prior performance) or were there that many players who shot less than mid 60's?

Always incredible to see stats like this. That would be a GRIND

Absolutely incredible haha. You would think/hope a few of those 4 day scores would be good enough to make it to the finals... oiy. Can't even fathom

If par was 72 these guys went between 11-16 under and couldn't make it past the first round... thats nuts

I saw the winner at Callaway Gardens site went 22 under. That's just in stage 1! They're playing a different game.

What!? Imagine shooting 4 sub 70s rounds in a row and not advancing to stage 2. That would be heartbreaking.

So many good golfers out there these days and shows how good guys on the PGA/Web tour really are.

I have no idea how you can be that good and not make it. Is the separation of talent that far? I mean would (Insert random PGA player) put up low 60's all 4 days? Or is it that competitive? Like all players were in the high 60's and these were just the highest aggregate scores?

Wow!!! Those are some pretty strong numbers. Those pros are really darn good!!

I have no idea how you can be that good and not make it. Is the separation of talent that far? I mean would (Insert random PGA player) put up low 60's all 4 days? Or is it that competitive? Like all players were in the high 60's and these were just the highest aggregate scores?

Yeah so if you think these guys are good and they didn't even sniff making it....just think of how good the guys on the tour actually are??

This goes for all professional sports.....one cant really know how good pro athletes are until you really see them in action and compare like this.

Check this out.

Player #1-69-69-67-67
Player #2-69-64-64-75
Player #3-70-69-67-66
Player #4-68-74-66-66
Player #5-66-71-72-65
Player #6-68-67-71-69
Player #7-69-65-72-69
Player #8-71-70-69-63

Not a single one of these golfers advanced to the 2nd stage of Q-School this year. Obviously sites vary, but prepare to go low.

I was going to say no, but I'll elevate to DEFINITELY NOT!!!!

Those scores are strong.

If you flip some of the numbers (68 to 86) then I'd been in fair enough shape... But alas, my bogey-ish golf is not enough

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don't think most golfers realize how big the separation of talent is at each level, from D1 college golf to mini-tours to the PGA Tour. I try to tell my friends that don't golf that there are about 2,000 Americans playing in the NFL each year but only about 85 Americans who get their PGA Tour card each year. That helps put it in perspective, fewer American's get their card than make it to the NFL Pro Bowl each year.

Wow how hard is it to get to the final stage then? So are they eligible for web.com status then at all?

That's incredible. From everything I've read, the amount of competition involved in the Q School events is unrivaled. These guys lay it all on the line for their chance at achieving their dream. It's probably not true, but it seems that it's not as tough once you make it through.

There was a guy here locally that his family owns a long time family owned very successful grain elevator. He is the proceeding to take it over once his dad retires. There is a very nice 9 hole course there and him and the community plays that they put a lot of money into to keep going. Now, hes not a bag stick but hes not scratch either even on that 9 hole course which isn't that hard at all. The word at the water cooler was he played in a pro-am tournament with a guy off the web.com tour and had him really buzzing wishing he could do that for a living. Not too long after that he decided to quit at the elevator and work on his golf came to try out for Q school. Everyone was like yeah he can make it. And I was like ....are you guys crazy?!?! The guy isn't even scratch at his home course and a home course that isn't even that hard!! Keep in mind, hes 41, two kids, and a wife. He put together a simulator in one of the sheds at the elevator and was taking lessons once maybe twice a month in St Louis which was 2 hours from him one way. After 6 or 8 months I find out he came to his senses and realized how hard it actually is to be able to even say you can compete with these guys. Although I respect him for even trying it......I don't like how ignorant he was about the talent and the road he would have to take to get there before making a decision like that.

Sheesh that’s nuts. One them shot a 63

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that certainly deflates someones balloon

#LiveUnderPar

Damn that’s some good golf but not good enough definitely humbling

in my mind, the separation is not that far. it comes down to one or two shots each round. if you miss that 4-footer, or miss the fairway on that par 5 and don't make birdie, you're out. one or two shots each round. imagine the pressure, knowing how SMALL the margin of error is!

It's amazing how good even the worst guy on tour is. No hope for us mere mortals

That's just crazy!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I did a comparison for work purposes comparing TW scoring avg. and earnings compared to the runner-up in the FedEx (or whatever it was called earlier) to show how small the differences are:

Scoring average
Year TW Runner-up Difference Runner-up
1999 68.43 69.17 -0.74 -1.1% David Duval
2000 67.79 69.25 -1.46 -2.2% Phil Mickelson
2001 68.81 69.06 -0.25 -0.4% Davis Love III
2002 68.56 69.47 -0.91 -1.3% Vijay Singh
2003 68.42 68.65 -0.23 -0.3% Vijay Singh
2005 68.66 69.04 -0.39 -0.6% Vijay Singh
2007 67.79 69.29 -1.50 -2.2% Ernie Els
2009 68.05 69.29 -1.23 -1.8% Steve Stricker
Total 68.31 69.15 -0.84 -1.2%

Earnings:

Earnings (teur)
TW Runner-up Difference
6,617 3,642 2,975 82%
9,188 4,747 4,441 94%
5,688 3,170 2,518 79%
6,913 3,757 3,156 84%
6,673 7,574 -901 -12%
10,628 8,017 2,611 33%
10,867 5,820 5,047 87%
10,508 6,333 4,175 66%
67,082 43,060 24,022 56%

In 2003 TW played significantly less events vs runner-up (18 vs 27) and of course some differences in other years for sure but not as significant.

Point is that all of these guys are extremely good and the difference between #1 and #2 are extremely small in performance but the difference in reward is huge (100m sprint probably a extreme example). The same is true in most business as well, winner takes it all and margins are very small.

There was a guy here locally that his family owns a long time family owned very successful grain elevator. He is the proceeding to take it over once his dad retires. There is a very nice 9 hole course there and him and the community plays that they put a lot of money into to keep going. Now, hes not a bag stick but hes not scratch either even on that 9 hole course which isn't that hard at all. The word at the water cooler was he played in a pro-am tournament with a guy off the web.com tour and had him really buzzing wishing he could do that for a living. Not too long after that he decided to quit at the elevator and work on his golf came to try out for Q school. Everyone was like yeah he can make it. And I was like ....are you guys crazy?!?! The guy isn't even scratch at his home course and a home course that isn't even that hard!! Keep in mind, hes 41, two kids, and a wife. He put together a simulator in one of the sheds at the elevator and was taking lessons once maybe twice a month in St Louis which was 2 hours from him one way. After 6 or 8 months I find out he came to his senses and realized how hard it actually is to be able to even say you can compete with these guys. Although I respect him for even trying it......I don't like how ignorant he was about the talent and the road he would have to take to get there before making a decision like that.

There plenty of +1 or better golfers at the high school and college level and they basically have zero chance of playing golf for a living. My buddies son is a +2.2 and is struggling to get playing time on his college team. He won our club championship 14 months ago at age 18 by 9 shots and he already realizes that he better graduate from college and figure out something other than golf to do for a living.

There plenty of +1 or better golfers at the high school and college level and they basically have zero chance of playing golf for a living. My buddies son is a +2.2 and is struggling to get playing time on his college team. He won our club championship 14 months ago at age 18 by 9 shots and he already realizes that he better graduate from college and figure out something other than golf to do for a living.

That's nuts.

If I would do it all over again and be in those shoes.....I would at least give it a shot but have a back up plan in place if it didn't.

But, with me saying this my facts aren't actual but perception.....but it seems a lot of these guys that do get to that level have had a dad that has been on tour, a pro at a club, a lot of money backing them along with a lot of high end resources to enhance training. Again, that's my perception not factual without knowing where these guys come from. But I know there are guys that just have that natural talent and are absolute ballers but those are very far and few.

Back