Daphne's Wants your design input

Daphne's Headcovers

The Queen of Headcovers
Reaction score
Okay you guys, I am supposed to be cleaning off my desk as I prepare for a huge summer push BUT I am reading your messages and just laughing. Thank you!
I have a calico cat that would be very impressed by the photo in the bow tie and the Bassett photo, well that is just wrong :) funny but wrong. We just discontinued our Bassett and are half way through the new design. Our "dog sitter" has a Bassett named Ernie so we have an expert to compare to and design with. My goal is to have the new design on our January 2010 line. While I've got you do you think the area around a Bassett's eyes should be white or black? Attached also is a photo of our dog Aspen, as I had to get her in this gallery of sweet animals.

Thanks!
Jane
www.daphnesheadcovers.com

This deserved its own thread. I think the Bassett's eye area could go either way. I like them black a little more I think.

Okay you guys, I am supposed to be cleaning off my desk as I prepare for a huge summer push BUT I am reading your messages and just laughing. Thank you!
I have a calico cat that would be very impressed by the photo in the bow tie and the Bassett photo, well that is just wrong :) funny but wrong. We just discontinued our Bassett and are half way through the new design. Our "dog sitter" has a Bassett named Ernie so we have an expert to compare to and design with. My goal is to have the new design on our January 2010 line. While I've got you do you think the area around a Bassett's eyes should be white or black? Attached also is a photo of our dog Aspen, as I had to get her in this gallery of sweet animals.

Thanks!
Jane

Cute dog. I've always loved Golden's. They are so beautiful. My family had one when I was growing up and I have loved them since.
As for the eyes on the basset. Are you talking about the "whites" of the eyes or are you talking about the fur around the eyes?

P.S with regards to the crawfish - our lobster is pretty close and I love the photo of the Bengal cat.

Yes! The lobster is CUTE! I just saw that. Thanks about my bengal cat, Tiger Lily Woods! I think she is beautiful! I've attached another pic of her markings.

A lobster would be great, though we love the scorpion.

There are probably licensing issues, but my daughter would love the Pink Panther. They're already out there (okay, and she has one), but not your quality.

They have a lobster Claire.

Wouldnt a president line be awesome? Who wouldnt want a Lincoln on their driver with a huge black top hat on?
View attachment 403

Or maybe a sour look from George Bush to cheer you up after a bad shot?
View attachment 402
Your partners would be making funny quotes from him all day HAHAHA

Im not sure that is really in Daphne's market, but I may be wrong.

For the Bassett I am talking about the area around the eyes.

Thanks!

Jane

P.S with regards to the crawfish - our lobster is pretty close and I love the photo of the Bengal cat.

I think I would go with black.

Wouldnt a president line be awesome? Who wouldnt want a Lincoln on their driver with a huge black top hat on?
View attachment 403

Or maybe a sour look from George Bush to cheer you up after a bad shot?
View attachment 402
Your partners would be making funny quotes from him all day HAHAHA

Those would be pretty cool definetly if they made them one of the talking ones. Presidents always have goofy things that can be repeated over and over and still be funny.

Your idea's

Your idea's

Thanks for your creative input, I LOVE IT, this is what makes my job so much fun!
The Scorpion came on our line after my daughter and I both got stung (ouch!). We decided to become experts on them so of course set out to design one that looked just like the Scorpions we'd squashed after stinging us. It was a good design challenge and I imagine somewhat cathartic. I have to say that it is really authentic looking.

The presidential idea is so funny, thanks for making me smile. Our challenge with humans is trying to get fur and soft fabric to look like facial features without having a skull underneath. Our attempts so far have mostly looked like Cabbage Patch doll with a stomach ache.
But with that being said we work on our designs every day and with each day I think ( hope) that we improve.
Your posts and comments are terrific, please keep them coming.

Jane

The presidential idea is so funny, thanks for making me smile. Our challenge with humans is trying to get fur and soft fabric to look like facial features without having a skull underneath. Our attempts so far have mostly looked like Cabbage Patch doll with a stomach ache.
But with that being said we work on our designs every day and with each day I think ( hope) that we improve.
Your posts and comments are terrific, please keep them coming.

Jane

Sounds like more of the Garbage Pail Kids cards they had "back in the day". Well back in my day. Late 80's early 90's.

A lobster would be great, though we love the scorpion.

There are probably licensing issues, but my daughter would love the Pink Panther. They're already out there (okay, and she has one), but not your quality.

Claire, my daughter would like the Pink Panther too ( but thats not going to happen, LOL). Yes, you are correct it is a licensing issue but I do like the character. We can feed your daughters need for pink with some of our pink headcovers. My two personal favorites are the Pink Tabby ( proceeds go to benefit cancer victims and survivors) and our Pink poodle hybrid.

Best wishes,

Jane

Claire, my daughter would like the Pink Panther too ( but thats not going to happen, LOL). Yes, you are correct it is a licensing issue but I do like the character. We can feed your daughters need for pink with some of our pink headcovers. My two personal favorites are the Pink Tabby ( proceeds go to benefit cancer victims and survivors) and our Pink poodle hybrid.

Best wishes,

Jane

She's got the pink tabby and loves it. She named it "Pearly," which combines pink and swirly.

I am going to buy my granddaughter a set of clubs and was wondering about a Tinkerbell headcover. I have looked all over the net and have yet to see one.

A Tinkerbell headcover would be fun for a little girl, I agree. I am sorry but I haven't seen one any where. I wish I could be of more help. I did reach out to our resident expert on what little girls like ( my daughter) and she suggested that your grandaughter my like the pink calico kitty, monkey made of sockies or the pink poodle hybrid. I hope this helps.

I can chime in and say that we just purchased the monkey made of sockies last week for our friends 2 year old for his first set of clubs. He is in love with the thing. We were told it is his "favorite stuffed animal".

I LOVE that Pearly is derived from pink and swirly, what an energetic, happy name! A portion of the proceeds for this pink tabby headcover benefit The Marathon of Miracles. Survivors Celebration. They are a wonderful organization that takes a holistic approach to helping people going through cancer and supports cancer survivors. So not only does Pearly have a great name she is a kitty that is doing some good. Thank you very much!

Hearing that one of our headcovers is someones favorite keeps me smiling and creating each day, thank you! The Monkey Made of Sockies is very special to me as it came about in such a neat way. The artist behind it, Shannon Grissom is a wonderful person, Leta Lindley carries it on the LPGA tour and a portion of it benefits Prader Willi Syndrome. Everytime I turn around it seems another good person gets involved with helping this headcover do some good!

A Tinkerbell headcover would be fun for a little girl, I agree. I am sorry but I haven't seen one any where. I wish I could be of more help. I did reach out to our resident expert on what little girls like ( my daughter) and she suggested that your grandaughter my like the pink calico kitty, monkey made of sockies or the pink poodle hybrid. I hope this helps.

My guess is that Royalwulff's grandaughter would love all your designs - she's not even 3 months old yet. He's the one who wants Tinkerbell.

Hey any trick I can use to get her interested in golf. :fingers-crossed:

Maybe let her learn to walk first or for that matter, learn to crawl.

Naaaa gonna jump right to the good stuff

Naaaa gonna jump right to the good stuff

There you go!! Good idea!! Then she can grow up and say she was snuggling with her golf headcover since birth!!!!

No kids yet, but I'm getting ideas already!

I can chime in and say that we just purchased the monkey made of sockies last week for our friends 2 year old for his first set of clubs. He is in love with the thing. We were told it is his "favorite stuffed animal".

I am working on getting a picture of our friend's son's bag. It is adorable being this small with the headcover in there.

Back