Cobra F-MAX Superlite Hybrid - THP Review

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In for review is the F-MAX Superlite hybrid from Cobra Golf. It's kind of a wild idea.. Lighter grip, lighter shaft, lighter head... For crazy speed with forgiveness in mind. Solid visuals, a fantastic headcover, and some nice built in tech.

Here's a quick rundown of what to expect with this club;

WHAT IT IS - When it comes to maximizing speed, every gram counts. The F-MAX Superlite hybrid is engineered using lighter clubhead, shaft and grip designs to deliver our lightest overall hybrid club weight.

WHO IT'S FOR - The lightweight club design helps golfers with moderate swing speeds and smoother tempos generate effortless club speed with improved feel and stability for longer, more consistent shots.

WHY WE MADE IT - As golfers age, their swing speed naturally decreases resulting in shorter distance and tougher approach shots. With F-MAX Superlite, we've engineered an extremely lightweight and forgiving hybrid that is designed to improve feel, speed, and consistency for golfers with moderate swing speeds.

In Hand Photos

98D367BB-3D60-4E1A-BA58-007EF9586CCA-XL.jpg

FA978FC1-248A-4591-932B-B9C2D22BBAD6-XL.jpg

9C5DFD05-6887-4C3A-8249-FCDE791E782C-XL.jpg

721E7E82-346C-4F72-B6EA-5024ABDFF2A9-XL.jpg

C44455AF-DFE8-4497-ABE8-F0C9EC6E8B14-XL.jpg

1C29A05B-3CED-4D77-B2C5-6A6FF27A52F2-XL.jpg

I only had a chance to hit it a couple times last night, but wow. My first practice swing I actually openly laughed about how quickly the head zipped through the zone. I typically fall in the 85-95 gram range with my hybrid shafts, so the club definitely works quickly from the top, and I believe doing exactly what you'd expect.

Contact was fantastic, I hit it great and right on the screws. Ball went hard straight and then fell off to the left with perfectly reasonable height. Distance wise it was about 4-5 yards further than my 5 iron. Wind was neutral.

Lots more coming after my next experience on course. I think this will be a fun review.

I’m looking forward to this one. The hybrid is very underrated here.

This line of woods and hybrids is making me think.

Does anyone know the weight of the standard midsize grip on this club. I like my standard Supersoft grip and would change the grip. Just wondering affect on swing weight.

Is the club as deep as it looks in some of those pictures - it almost looks like a driver - or is it normal depth / optical illusion created by the angles?

Love the look of these clubs. Not going to hit them because I will want them. I have the previous release of the F-Max irons.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Is the club as deep as it looks in some of those pictures - it almost looks like a driver - or is it normal depth / optical illusion created by the angles?

It is actually fairly shallow. Just pictures creating it.

I really like the looks of this club. Never been a hybrid fan, but I think this might be the one to try.

Cool, look forward

Having hit the prior release this has me intrigued. Recently picked up the king os 3/4 and results have been a little mixed. Great first rd. So so 2nd round. The FMax 1st gen has probably been the closest in performance to me beloved Xrails

Back