Did your last purchase help your game?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
If so how did it help? Was it your score? Percentage of greens or fairways hit? Or did it just satisfy your need for new gear?

I added the M3 to the bag with the UST Coool shaft and it translated to more fairways and lower scores. It also eliminated one side of the course.

How about you?

My last purchase was the G400 Max. Has definitely helped, more FIR and more consistency off the tee. Did help the scores a bit, easier to play in the short grass then the right side rough.

My last purchase was a Srixon F85 3 wood, to be honest it has not really helped or hurt me at all. I have used it a few times to get into fairways when the Driver was too much and a couple of times on long Par 5 approaches to get close to the green but nothing that my 5 wood would have not done.

Now the new Catalyst iron shafts that are coming back next week I have high hopes for.

Absolutely! I added in the Callaway MD4 54* X Grind into the bag. The added bounce and workability of the grind have helped my short game immensely, as well as making me confident in hitting it on full shots. I'm sure that's helped my scores.

Yes - Last two were Honma Hybrid and the NL M Wedge - made vast improvements to my game.
Filled Gaps in my game and increased my GIR and Up & Down percentages.

Elaborate

Elaborate

If so how did it help? Was it your score? Percentage of greens or fairways hit? Or did it just satisfy your need for new gear?

I added the M3 to the bag with the UST Coool shaft and it translated to more fairways and lower scores. It also eliminated one side of the course.

How about you?

Which side of the course was eliminated, and was it the shaft or the club ?

My last purchase was the ProType putter. I would say my distance control has improved quite a bit but overall my putting numbers are probably about the same.

Don't know yet but one round was promising with Mizuno 919F - it's been raining in Dallas for the last month. Quite unusual ... feel as if I'm living in Seattle but I think their weather is better than this swamp with floods.

My last purchase was a FlatCat grip for the Columbus. I’m definitely putting better, so yes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The F7 fairway wood def. helped me on tighter hole fairway consistency, almost to the point where it isn't worth using my driver on most holes.

My last purchase was a Srixon Z745 driver. Yeah it helped. More fairways and more distance off the tee.

My last golf related purchase was really a new speed controller for my golf cart (old one went out). Doubled the speed of my cart. Amazingly, I've not hit it out of bounds, in a hazard, or caught a bad lie since then! I've been close a few times, but as if by magic my ball just seems to always end up ok!

Yes. Put the rtx 4 wedges in the bag yesterday and saw a big difference in proximity to the pin which led to more birdies

My last purchase was a wedge to fill in the gap I had. It helped having that to better dial in distances.

My prior purchase, Odyssey Red Ball putter, has had a marked, dramatic impact on my game. I am putting a whole lot better using this putter. Initially, it helped me get into a much better putting position, which has become just about automatic at this point. My GHIN has not improved markedly, but that is because my Driver performance is way down.

Today, I am way more confident with the putter. I don't have a lot of 1 putts, but I also don't have many 3 putts.

Yes. Last purchase was a Hogan Equalizer 50 degree wedge. Full swing and chip and run shots are improved over the previous GW (Mizuno JPX900 Forged set GW) I had in my bag.

Yup... PXG 0311 irons, more GIR... plain and simple.

New 54° wedge and new putter have both been very helpful. There's no argument with new grooves for chucking the ball forward and having it grab on the greens. As for the putter, a softer insert that still puts a good roll on the ball is great for putting a confident, aggressive stroke on the ball without feeling like I'm going to knock it off the green.

Last purchase was gloves, so nothing there... But I think the hybrid was my last bigger purchase and it remains to be seen. I have to practice better club selection/course management

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rogue SZ driver. Only a handful of rounds before an injury but results were very promising. Largely eliminated one side of the course and gave me 5-10 more yards distance.

Had been playing somewhat inconsistently prior but it seemed to straighten me right out. Because the club's strong fade bias, I really had to stay through the ball and shift my weight properly to keep from losing it (I have the occasional penchant to hang back on my back foot just a touch). Positive effect due to this seemed to be realized through the bag as my iron shots in particular were stronger.

Was back to hitting fairways and greens, scores were creeping downward.

Technically speaking my last purchase was a green fee, so it enable me to play.

My last purchase was CBX 50* and I’m getting better result than cf16 gap wedge.
Before that was G400 LST which replace the 2017 M2. Seems hitting more fairway with it. Dispersion and consistency seems lot better. Not longer but most are playable.

I think my last club purchase was the Rogue driver. The mix of spin and forgiveness is a better fit for me than my prior driver. But I am not sure I'd say it has made a substantial difference in my game - the club can only do so much, I'm still swinging it.

The jury is still out on my TS line-up, as I only have 2 rounds under my belt with them. I have noticed the dispersion is a lot tighter, so I'm in more fairways. And my misses are not as penalizing. But the last two courses I played were fairly wide open, so I'll have to wait and see how they perform on tighter tee shots on other courses.

Yes, replaced 4i with 4h, much more consistent and confident from that yardage now.

I do miss that flushed 4i feeling though, and piercing ball flight, it's a thing of beauty, but the hybrid can handle the rough and other bad lies much better.

Yep - the purchase of my GPS Range finder watch earlier this year helped me to better select which club to use for my second and third shots and hit intended distances much better.

Back