Top 3 items to buy at golf shop?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I listening to Par Train in THP Radio and they are speaking with the founder of Seamus. The question was asked, what are your top 3 items to buy when you go to a new course.

I think it would be fun to hear what everyone buys and likes. For me it’s a fitted hat, polo with logo on sleeve and maybe a sleeve of logo’d premium golf balls. What about you?

Ball Marker, Towel and maybe a hat

I don't buy much but usually always a ball marker and sometimes a towel and pin flag. It get's pretty expensive if I buy more than that.

I always consider hats but I have so many that unless I really like the style/logo I'll pass.

I do buy a lot of ball markers. Most all courses in TX have poker chip markers and I always buy those if available.

Logo'd shirts, if there is a brand and color option I can live with.

usually a pitchfix style pitch mark tool/marker. IF they don't have one, then a big ball marker (poker chip or equivalent) usually will do

I always gravitate toward the hats and if I can find one that fits my giant head and looks ok I'll usually pull the trigger. The only other thing is usually a divot repair tool with a ball marker on it. If I can find a decent polo on the sale rack I may get that but I don't typically like to buy those at course golf shops because they tend to be grossly over priced. Some people go nuts in those places (Buck) but I usually skimp by pretty light and at times have skipped buying anything all together.

Always a ball marker, chip or mondo mark if it is the 1st time playing that course. I use to get a cap, but when I realized how many caps I had I decided to end that practice for the most part. Every now and then I will get a ball. I may get a flag if it is a really cool flag or a really nice course I am playing for the 1st time

Ball marker/chip and that is about it. Hat if I'm looking to treat myself, polo with course logo if I'm looking to splurge.

Ball maker, towel, and a hat maybe.

I don't buy much but usually always a ball marker and sometimes a towel and pin flag. It get's pretty expensive if I buy more than that.

Oh you will in few weeks! #takeanextrabag

I'll check out the sale rack on polo shirts pretty regularly. For souvenirs of the course, I'll go with golf towels, divot repair tool, or ball markers.

I usually only buy two items. A towel and ball marker. I will also grab an extra score card but those are free

My goto at proshops is always a sleeve of a new ball I want to try. Fitted hats as they are never really the same size, and grips. I prefer to hand pick each of my grips at the store and then buy them.

All clothes is also purchased from shops as I like to try and buy. Not a fan of online clothes ordering.

Ball marker, any apparel on the clearance rack, hat or logo ball

I always gravitate toward the hats and if I can find one that fits my giant head and looks ok I'll usually pull the trigger. The only other thing is usually a divot repair tool with a ball marker on it. If I can find a decent polo on the sale rack I may get that but I don't typically like to buy those at course golf shops because they tend to be grossly over priced. Some people go nuts in those places (Buck) but I usually skimp by pretty light and at times have skipped buying anything all together.

I have a similar approach. Lawsonia = nothing. Fairway head covers and polo from Whistling Straits and Sand Valley were more than I typically buy.

Top 3 are: 1.) ball marker 2.) logo ball 3A.) hat 3B.) polo 3C.) yardage book

Ball Marker, logo ball and probably a yardage book or scorecard holder

In no particular order ...

Ball Marker
Short sleeve polo with logo
Ball with logo for the cabinet

Usually just a towel and ball marker depending on the course.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hat and ball marker for sure. Towel or a shirt.

Ball marker, logo ball, polo shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually buy a polo, marker and course logo ball. Or some combo of those items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look for a poker chip ball marker at every course I play but if they don't have a poker chip I normally buy one of their nicer ball markers for my collection. I really do not like wearing hats or other apparel with course logos on them.

I would get a logoed cap and ball and maybe a yardage book or ball marker or something similar.

My go to is the logo ball for the case. For a real special course or event, maybe a pin flag. Also a fan of the hat.

For apparel, that depends on the courses. Some have far better polo selections than others in terms of materials/brands.

Back