THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I am not eligible for the event (even though Missouri and Michigan both start with M :p)
I will still stay active in the thread and enjoy watching the live updates from the event.

True Temper is a heck of a sponsor and the MVP will be in heaven

If you are NOT chosen to represent your team...

Will you still participate in this thread? You better believe it. Who doesn't like trash talk and seeing an event unfold backed by True Temper??? Can a MvP be selected if they don't make the team?

Will you make an effort to help your team prepare? Weekly BBQ to be delivered to practice sessions.

Will you try to show up at the event and support the team? It has been made known that with this event, THPers can show up to the range. You better believe it.

Will you just say !@#$ it and be done with the whole thing? Not a chance as I am sure I would hear about it.

FYI - if I am not selected to represent Team Ohio I won't be jumping ship and backing Team Michigan.

Wow True Temper is excited and the MVP treat. Holy ****!

As if I didn't already want it...Coming from you this has got to be super special!!

Will you still participate in this thread? For sure, I love the idea of regional competition.

Will you make an effort to help your team prepare? If I can I will, but I work for tax company so doing any golfing from 1/18/16 to 4/18/16 is near impossible

Will you try to show up at the event and support the team? It has been made known that with this event, THPers can show up to the range. Yes, that is my bday week so I always take it off and can help prepare/support the team if needed after 4/18/16.

Will you just say !@#$ it and be done with the whole thing? Heck no, this thread is awesome.

I have a tax training class tomorrow so I cannot attend the sim round captaincaution... if there was even room.

Will you still participate in this thread?
Definitely.
Will you make an effort to help your team prepare?
Definitely.
Will you try to show up at the event and support the team? It has been made known that with this event, THPers can show up to the range.
Definitely. And get in some minds.
Will you just say !@#$ it and be done with the whole thing?
No, this thread gives too much entertainment to the casual viewer. Although, admittedly, it will suck to not be able to back up the trash talk.

I will certainly participate in this thread, will it be to the same extent, probably not. I won't lie, the trash talk is fun and all, but not really as much when your sitting on the sidelines.

If playing golf with THPers helps them out, then I'm always game for that. Hopefully I'll be working in Michigan come golf season, but who knows.

I've already made it very clear that I'm going to be in NE Ohio that weekend whether I make the team or not. Maybe I'll play a Michael Jordan type role as Co Captain

I will definitely not say f**k it, not really much to add to that, as my other answers pretty sum everything up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As if I didn't already want it...Coming from you this has got to be super special!!

Dude we went in with a wish and hope list and they loved all of it

Will you still participate in this thread? Yes, still got to support the team!

Will you make an effort to help your team prepare? Sounds like golf to me, so hell yeah.

Will you try to show up at the event and support the team? It has been made known that with this event, THPers can show up to the range. Definitely would try.

Will you just say !@#$ it and be done with the whole thing? Nope.

Of course. Me not getting picked doesn't change the face any time is a good time to LOL @ MI
Yep still play the practice rounds and finish my yardage book for Team OH whether I am on the team or not
Will you try to show up at the event and support the team? It has been made known that with this event, THPers can show up to the range.
Will be on range for sure just in case someone pulls a Rory and sleeps through their alarm and to support them. Probably going to try and book the first tee time before the first match

Will you just say !@#$ it and be done with the whole thing
Will be really bummed for about an hour. Then I will focus on getting my team better and still work as hard on my game no matter what and then look forward to my own events that hopefully I will find a partner to play with from here and there is this little thing about some granddaddy that looks like it might be worth playing.
Plus I am addicted to golf, can't help but think, practice, play 24/7

Wow True Temper is excited and the MVP treat. Holy ****!

Motivation is certainly NOT in limited supply for this event. For soooooo many reasons.

A few questions for today

I will...

Participate in this thread.
Gladly do match play with the others to help prep.
Try to get one practice round in at Boulder with Team Michigan.
Gladly offer up usage of my Skytrak for Team Michigan hopefuls. If Perfect Golf gets ST integration soon like they state, that will be a good sim to use.
Check THP during the event to the extent I can, until my wife hits me for doing it.

Well everyone that is a hopeful for Team Michigan is headed for a sim round this Sunday and it should be a great time.

Here are my Team Michigan PRE SIM rankings

tpluff - Battle tested and Michigan's only HOF tag. He also took the ball and ran with it for the sim round this weekend and leads the charge in trash talk to OH.
jspangs - word on the street is he is long, real long, probably longest hitter for Team Michigan. But will he be available when the time comes?
Wyzyguy - A relative unknown who has showed passion for this event from the beginning.
stribs - A new outlook and seemingly Michigan's lowest hdcp, but is it official? Is it league? who knows.
2012BFT - Another unknown, has been active and at the ready. However he's golfed with Stribs alot so his hdcp could be in question
rozo22 - An 18 hdcp who says he's comfortable on a 200-215 yd par 3. Seems suspicious, but he also picked up a Groupon for the sim round so a little boost
musicmaster6921 - Hes too busy drinking bud lights and selling cars to post much, drops a few spots
Lions81 - Knocked towards the bottom for having a screen name that says Lions.
solid5112 - Bumped up for purchasing a Groupon for Sundays sim round, but knocked backwards for lack of posting
Michigan Slice - Doesn't know if he is going to a graduation party or playing golf. Cmon Man!!!

potbunker - has completely disappeared after early signs of interest
Hacker - unfortunately had to withdraw from contention

I like the rankings. Had me laughing most of the time. And hey I can drop a few spots for right now I'll work my way back up there!

Yes I will still be in here talking, that's half the fun. Hoping work slows down a bit so I can be in Here more as it is.

Yes! Although not sure how much help I could be. But if any MI guys need anything all they have to do is say it.

Its not a try thing, I will be there regardless if I am on the playing team or not. We are team MI. Look at any sports team, everyone isn't on the field at all times, there are always those on the side lines cheering and helping their team.

Last edited:
Gunner and I are heading to the Valleaire SIMs for a rd of event practice and competition...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hit em straight

If you are NOT chosen to represent your team..

-Yep

-Sure. Practice rounds or encouragement/advice. Whatever they need.

-I plan n being there at the range and meet and greet whether I make the event or not.

-Nah. It's #THPRegionalRivalry. Ohio vs. Michigan. No way I'm bowing out.

Are alternates selected in case of injury, family emergency, hang-over or wanderlust?

Not sure which courses will be available @ the sim for Team Michigan on Sunday but it would be fun to play something in the same vein as Boulder Creek. Island Greens, Split Fairways, People from Ohio clogging up the rough.

Are alternates selected in case of injury, family emergency, hang-over or wanderlust?

Not sure which courses will be available @ the sim for Team Michigan on Sunday but it would be fun to play something in the same vein as Boulder Creek. Island Greens, Split Fairways, People from Ohio clogging up the rough.
Theres usually a waiting list and if an opening comes available someone will be selected from that waiting list

The statement above is an assault on my golf senses!!

Will you still participate in this thread? For Sure... I love to type.

Will you make an effort to help your team prepare? Would love to help the team prepare whether I am honored with a team spot or not. Can't wait to meet all the guys, compete for a spot, console those that are not selected, cheer the ones who are. I am itching to be part of a team again. Practice rounds with consequences. Training like Ivan Drago.. Soviet Style. Whatever It takes.

Will you try to show up at the event and support the team? It has been made known that with this event, THPers can show up to the range. - 100% - My fan club & I have already made arrangements to stay in the area Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Bring some Motor City revenue & sprinkle it over Northern Kentucky!!!

Nope... Wanting the THP True Temper experience. If I were I knight I would want to be a True Templar.

All kidding aside. I need this event. Always good to have something to look forward to & strive for....

See the winners of the 2016 #THPRegionalRivalry Ohio vs. Michigan on Sunday... GO MICHIGAN!! ?

If you are NOT chosen to represent your team..

Will you still participate in this thread? Absolutely, know a lot of people between the 2 states and wouldn't just quit coming in here

Will you make an effort to help your team prepare? Yeah. Have played plenty of rounds with the guys from ohio and would keep doing it

Will you try to show up at the event and support the team? The idea of us still being there if we don't make the team is a great idea. I would do everything in my power to be there

Will you just say !@#$ it and be done with the whole thing? No way, a lot of time and effort had been put in this event, can't just quit

I'll post my thoughts in here in a bit...
But captain, Grandaddy brother 3-0 first day brother, I'm near the effin bottom?

I offered up the first pitchers of beer per sim...
WTF are you thinking?!?!?

But captain, Grandaddy brother 3-0 first day brother, I'm near the effin bottom?

He's slow playing your meteoric rise to the top.

I'm thinking he's down playing you and you'll end up being his sleeper/secret weapon

Back