Best Shot of the Year?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What has been your best shot this year?

Dp47_1QW4AAUMS0.jpg

Gotta be my 2nd shot on #16 at Bay Hill. From the fairway bunker I hit a 5i in TIGHT for a tap in eagle.

Runner up was my first HIO.

For me, it was my second shot on #16 at the Conservatory during the Sunday round at the Ultimate Weekend of Golf event. I hit a 5 iron off the tee and and then a second 5 iron to within about 5 feet with the Bridgestone HF2s and True Temper DG120 shafts. Missed the birdie putt, but man was it awesome to be up on the green with those guys during a great event. Beautiful course and awesome people.

This dandy during my golf-a-thon. Was playing 125, a bit downhill, 2 bunkers guarding a wide but narrow green. This was the first time I'd played the hole that day and never got closer in the 4 other attempts. A bit drier and she might have rolled in.

RClYyFo.jpg

It would have to be on my home course, #6 Par 5 hit my second shot to within a foot. Made the eagle putt would have loved to made the Albatross.

Not sure if it was the best strokes gained wise but came playing with Brian(formally known as Ham). I was like 40 or 50 yards short left of the hole(Big Met #7) and the next tee was behind me away from the green. I holed the shot and went all Spieth on him pointing to the hole telling him to fetch my ball as I turned around and went to the next tee.

Probably a 2 way tie. Both occured at the gathering in Orlando. First one was on the forst hole on Friday. I chunked my approach shot right and it left me around 100ish yards in. Pulled my gap wedge figuring on getting it somewhat close to the green. Ending up hitting it to about 3 feet for a tap in par.

Second is on a par 3 at the New Course. Hit it into the greenside bunker that was at least 12ft deep. I figured there was no way I would get out in 1, but after Dmoney gave me a quick setup tip, not only did I get out in 1, the balled almost went right in the hole, rolled just by it.
4b434ebb0ba8cc670d868f7af3b1199d.jpg
37bdc92bc2657a35c03492c1c941fd14.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hammock Resort, The Ocean Course - Hole 9 Par 4 uphill into the wind playing 450 yards

Hit my drive to here:

64abd9b390cafb47d83aa655485f6dc3.jpg

Ping i500 4i 210 uphill to back left pin

Resulting shot was here:

85bfbe127d3d4aa77186fbb7648c853d.jpg

Best Shot of the Year?

June 20th, 155 yard par 3, pin playing to about 160 yards. Hit an 8 iron 5 feet above the pin and sucked it back in for my first HIO. You can see the divot on the green in the pic below.

9d21e3ddea4952cc0716d9345f5abfcb.jpg

d927459ab0669fe1a6d555f723651ac5.jpg

Holed out for eagle from 140 at the THP Championship...it was almost captured on video by Budget Golf, but they had just left to go do some interviews. How cool would that have been?

bbf02183e90c2e087191507577e6edb3.jpg

a4256ea239d43dd21e4393f8ed43b31b.jpg

Driving a green ending up 9 feet for eagle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No picture but I’d say a tee shot at Prestwick on the narrowest fairway I’ve ever seen, #15. They called it “The Narrows” the fairway is maybe 15’ wide and dead centered it, left an easy pitching wedge in.

For me it would have to be either the par 3 that i came a millimeter or two from acing or a fairway bunker shot that finished an inch from the cup. Tap in birdies for both.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

A 65 five ft. putt for a birdie

2nd shot on a par 5 with a 5 wood to 2 feet to set up a tap in eagle at the Hogan Event.

Probably sinking a 40 yard bunker shot for a birdie.

138-yd 8-iron from the right rough that was locked on the pin the whole way. One hop, hit the stick, and stopped 2 feet away for a tap-in birdie. Smooth, effortless swing with crisp flush contact -- something that hasn't happened enough this year.

Strange, in easily my best season of golf, I didn't really hit any sensational, noteworthy shots.

No HOI's, no dunked pitches. I did have a tap-in eagle but the shot prior was only a 140 or so yarder to a front pin following a 383 yard wind and topography aided drive.

I mean, I guess that drive maybe, but it was soooo aided by extenuating circumstances that it doesn't really register.

So I guess in hindsight, the unspectacular is very good for me. I hope next season can be equally as unspectacular.

I think I was about 140 at a course in Virginia. Hit a great wedge and got it close.

bedb20b31b3de7db0797565a94e2e983.jpg

How was it that ball gave you such a decent lie and didn't become plugged?

I think it landed on the green and bounced/rolled off, so did not land directly in the muck. If I airmailed the green would have been much worse.

I think it landed on the green and bounced/rolled off, so did not land directly in the muck. If I airmailed the green would have been much worse.

That makes sense

f9af55c8c5c6752a95cb8b4dc5f391e0.jpg

Final hole of day one at the 2018 MC I hit a frozen rope with my 3W. The wind was blowing hard and rain was coming in sideways. I pured my Cobra F8+ 3W onto the green and two putted for the halve. Great day with @jdtox @mikeyagley @jsizzle

I posted it on Facebook, but I will put it here as well.

On the par 4 #7 at Southern Hills Golf and Country Club I hit a decent drive, but followed it up with a poor second shot. I had 84 yards in for my 3rd shot. Hit it just short of the stick, hopped past and then spun back and dropped for a birdie.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back