The Great Big Bertha Experiment: Two Sliding Weights

RC11

Reaction score
Taking this setup down to Hilton Head this weekend. Going on a Project X LZ 6.0 Handmade. Swingweighted to D4.

Will report back on results.

MDwIh8Ml.jpg

Last edited:
This will be interesting. I know Harry had 2 weights on his GBB at #TheGrandaddy. Intrigued to see what it'll do for you.

Sweet, more back weighting...interesting.
Looking forward to seeing how that works for you.

This will be interesting. I know Harry had 2 weights on his GBB at #TheGrandaddy. Intrigued to see what it'll do for you.
I'm in good company then! And here I was thinking I was special!

Excited to see what happens. I've been hitting this driver with the left weight in the same spot it is in the picture for 5 months or so.

Was also having trouble getting this club to D4, short of squirting hotmelt into this thing. I have 4 wraps on the grip.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sweet, more back weighting...interesting.
Looking forward to seeing how that works for you.

Maybe I'll hit a fairway sometime this weekend!

Where did you get the 2nd weight? JRod had it in his driver @ the Gauntlet and Furyk played with 2 weights last year. JRod told me something about the increased forgiveness but I think it was something we weren't supposed to say much about.

So... again, where did you get the 2nd weight and how did you get it in there? I have been wanting to do this to my GBB since I first saw how JRod hit his.

Very interested to see how this goes for you. I know it's being played by a few people and their results have been positive with it. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get the 2nd weight? JRod had it in his driver @ the Gauntlet and Furyk played with 2 weights last year. JRod told me something about the increased forgiveness but I think it was something we weren't supposed to say much about.

So... again, where did you get the 2nd weight and how did you get it in there? I have been wanting to do this to my GBB since I first saw how JRod hit his.
My old GBB cracked big time, so pulled the weight from that.

The red weight is screwed onto a slider that sits in the track. The track opens up all the way by the fade side where you can remove the slider.

Very interested to see how this goes for you. I know it's being played by a few people and their results have been positive with it. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great to hear, thanks

Sub'd for scientific experiment :D

The added weight isn't that noticeable is it? You're essentially moving the CG a little bit, but what effect would this have. It would be interesting to see how much the added weight moved from spot to spot work.
Also, two offsetting instead of together in a spot, separate them equally. lol

The added weight isn't that noticeable is it? You're essentially moving the CG a little bit, but what effect would this have. It would be interesting to see how much the added weight moved from spot to spot work.
Also, two offsetting instead of together in a spot, separate them equally. lol
Not that noticeable at all, the swingweight only increased 2 points.

I don't understand the last sentence of your post. Are you suggesting I touch the weights together?

Not that noticeable at all, the swingweight only increased 2 points.

I don't understand the last sentence of your post. Are you suggesting I touch the weights together?
All options! Together and apart, but equally apart.

Isn't that weighting acting a bit offsetting?

All options! Together and apart, but equally apart.
Ah gotcha, yes. Will test a variety of weight configurations this weekend.

I might have access to a Flightscope next week, which could get interesting.

That's what I'm curious about. Two touching and moved all heal or all toe...or center. What about one all toe and the other all heal. What effect would this have? Nothing but neutral?

As far as fade/draw bias? I think there's definitely some offsetting going on, but they are both left of center in the picture.

Or adding something to the swing weight?

Or adding something to the swing weight?
What I wanted out of this was more weight to the rear and a higher swingweight.

As far as draw/fade bias, I will try a few different configurations of the weights, but in my experience I never see much of a difference unless I move the weight all the way to one side or the other.

What I wanted out of this was more weight to the rear and a higher swingweight.

As far as draw/fade bias, I will try a few different configurations of the weights, but in my experience I never see much of a difference unless I move the weight all the way to one side or the other.

Interesting

like this idea alot. Will be interested to see how it works for you.

Looking forward to following along RC, If HA is doing this there must be something to it huh?

The two weights touching in the center love CG further back which can result in more forgiveness.

JB is correct. For the added forgiveness you need the weights directly in the back and as close as possible. Furyk, Jrod and Harry all have taken the weight from the sole out and replaced it with the weight from the ladies driver because its lighter so adding the second APW weight doesnt add too much to the total weight of the head

Back