Which PC and Web Browser?

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Just curious which home computer and web-browser you use most

I have two desk-top machines.
A 21" HP All-In-One desktop with Windows 10, and I use Google Chrome web-browser on that machine
I also have a 21.5" iMac desktop machine and I like using FireFox web-browser on it.

I run 16GB of RAM, so I go with Chrome. Chrome tends to be very resource heavy because of how it sandboxes everything as a security measure.

I do like Firefox on lower resource machines, though, depending on how much control I have on turning features on and off.

I have a laptop MacBook Pro and use the Safari browser, I also have Firefox loaded on it.

In getting away from chrome as much as I can. I use Firefox, opera, safari, and Edge. On iOS, windows10 and MacOS.

For work I use IE and Chrome mostly.

I have a homebuilt PC and usually run Chrome. Just curious - why are you getting away from it?

I predominantly browse the internet with my iPhone. I have a Lenovo laptop that is 5+ years old running Windows 10 (forced update) and Google Chrome and it’s slower than dirt. I only use it to run excel and pay my bills online.

My son uses the Chromium OS and browser on a low end Dell all-in-one and it runs smooth. He also has a chrome book that runs Google chrome and it’s great too for basic functionality - browsing the web, YouTube, etc.

Dell laptop and Firefox.

Firefox for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hp w/windows 10 and use chrome primarily

HP desktop and I primarily use Chrome but once in awhile I’ll switch over to Firefox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a homebuilt PC and usually run Chrome. Just curious - why are you getting away from it?

It’s not nearly as good as it used to be and I’m working moving everything away from google products.

I use Vivaldi primarily but also use Opera and Firefox occasionally. I got my pc online from a guy who builds them.

Home built pc, Windows 10, Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

At home it's a 27" Mac and mostly Safari. I use my 12.9 Ipad Pro more than anything else.

Last edited:
I use Vivaldi primarily but also use Opera and Firefox occasionally. I got my pc online from a guy who builds them.

How is the browsing speed using Vivaldi as compared to Firefox or Chrome?

Macbook Pro and Chrome. The only thing I use safari for is to download Chrome on a fresh install.

It’s not nearly as good as it used to be and I’m working moving everything away from google products.

Good advice so far. I did a little digging into how much Google collects on users and came away scared. Plus I read up on browsers and heard good things about Firefox and its customizability. The new Firefox Quantum is much better than the Firefox I gave up on years ago. It's at least as good as the latest versions of Chrome - just some differences in navigation to get used to.

Good advice so far. I did a little digging into how much Google collects on users and came away scared. Plus I read up on browsers and heard good things about Firefox and its customizability. The new Firefox Quantum is much better than the Firefox I gave up on years ago. It's at least as good as the latest versions of Chrome - just some differences in navigation to get used to.

Yeah. Firefox has been really good lately and still very solid as far as privacy goes.

Have an HP work laptop and prefer Firefox.

HP elitebook at work with 2 stupid large displays.

At home I use my phone more times than not...and every now and then my wife's chromebook. And on occasion my ipad.

Always using Google Chrome, IE is garbage.

Custom built PC at home and I use Firefox

At work we are limited to either IE or Firefox

Custom Built PC at work and I use Chrome typically. At home I have a Mac Book Pro so will use safari. Safari is typically my go to since it syncs with all the other Apple products. I have never heard of Vivaldi before, I will have to check it out.

I have a MacBook pro and a Windows desktop. I use both Chrome and Firefox on both machines

I have 2 computers, both Alienware, one has windows 7 ultimate Firefox and the other Windows 10 64 bit pro with Edge. Really don't like the Edge that much so I tend to use Firefox that I installed on the 10 most of the time.

Back