WITB: DDUARTE85 Edition

dduarte85

Reaction score
Handicap
Transformative season of golf after retooling my bag, dedicating more time to practice, and simply rekindling a desire for the game. Here's what's in the bag and what will be here for the long run. At the present moment my putter is working well and has been in the bag for quite a few years but am awaiting the arrival of a Bat Attack H putter to test and see how a high MOI putter will do for my game.

First up, is my an old bag that has stayed with me for a while and has been in and out of rotation for some time. Personally, I am torn on that bag as it belongs to a club I am not a member of, now will I likely ever be. During my college years I caddied at The Country Club in Brookline, MA and it provided me with financial support to buy books and allowed me to play the course twice weekly. I'm fortunate enough to have played about 50 rounds on the course, however, I have never played the combined championship course played during the Opens and Ryder Cup. I'm torn because of what a club like that represents and its closed doors. However, one of my heroes is Francis Ouimet and his story and what he overcame and the life he went on to live. I teach at an all boys school outside of Boston and many of my students are members at clubs like TCC and am fortunate to have a chance to play the course here and there as a guest.

Duarte-Golf-WITB-1.jpg

I don't normally use OEM covers but the PXG black lifted covers are sharp. Don't Tread on Me is an important philosophy to me and this is a new addition to my bag thanks to the folks at Rose and Fire.

Duarte-Golf-WITB-10.jpg

I personally feel that the relationship I have built with my fitter and builder have allowed me to take my game to the next level, this is a key piece.

Duarte-Golf-WITB-2.jpg

She's been misbehaving and in addition to a number of shorter courses I have been playing lately I rarely hit the driver, maybe twice a round.

Duarte-Golf-WITB-3.jpg

The 17 0317X and 22 0317 have really been the MVP clubs in my bag. I hit the 17 about 235 and the 22 200 yards and they've allowed me to maintain control off the tee and give me enough juice to get near the 150 stick which is my comfort zone.

Duarte-Golf-WITB-4.jpg

The three wood is a late addition to my bag and doesn't seem to get used enough. It was a tough decision to even pick one up as I found that I hit the 17 hybrid so well that I didn't feel confident with the longer 3 wood despite the short length of 41 inches on the 3 wood.

Duarte-Golf-WITB-5.jpg

Lastly, the latest addition... the 0311P (gen 1) 7-PW and 5-6 0311XF (gen 1) irons. To be honest, I could have gone with the P's in the 5/6 as I find they have a touch too much offset and I have to really watch the left hand side when playing them.

Duarte-Golf-WITB-9.jpg

The wedges are phenomenal and the bounce really helps my steep attack. I'm still getting used to gapping issues with just a 52 and 58 wedge.

My old trusty Newport II TeI3 that was copper plated by George Palombi probably ten years ago.

Duarte-Golf-WITB-6.jpg

Duarte-Golf-WITB-7.jpg

Very nice looking setup

Like the look of the hybrids. Nice bag.

Like the look of the hybrids. Nice bag.

The hybrids are incredible... it’s one of the few hybrids I’ve played or tested where I just don’t have to worry about the left hand side. They sit nice and square, the X is much hotter off the face than the normal version.

Love the clubs and the Country Club Ping bag! Been dying to play there.

Love the clubs and the Country Club Ping bag! Been dying to play there.

It’s a special place for sure! I can only imagine how amazing it must be to play golf there consistently as a member.

Definitely biased but love your setup! Agree completely about PXG hybrids... never have had a lot of success hitting one until I got my 19*.

Back