Skytrak with no internet?

er19

Reaction score
I have a nice activity room in my pole barn with a pool table and theater with projector, but have no internet there and only have limited-data internet at the house.
I've been considering Skytrak but am unsure what my limitations would be with no internet. I'm really not interested in trying to get internet there either.
I could do any one-time or occasional downloading/updating needed at the house.
What all would I be able to do with Skytrak and no internet?

I have a nice activity room in my pole barn with a pool table and theater with projector, but have no internet there and only have limited-data internet at the house.
I've been considering Skytrak but am unsure what my limitations would be with no internet. I'm really not interested in trying to get internet there either.
I could do any one-time or occasional downloading/updating needed at the house.
What all would I be able to do with Skytrak and no internet?

You would probably have to use your android or iphone/ipad with a cell signal. I used to use the android app, and cast it to my TV with chromecast (need wifi). Unsure what methods are available to cast to tv without internet though (TV may have it built in).
So android you can use the skytrak app.
Unsure but you may be able to play WGT if you have an iphone/ipad, as well as using the skytrak app. Its the least favorite of pretty much all players in the sim dept, but may be all thats available without internet.

You would probably have to use your android or iphone/ipad with a cell signal. I used to use the android app, and cast it to my TV with chromecast (need wifi). Unsure what methods are available to cast to tv without internet though (TV may have it built in).
So android you can use the skytrak app.
Unsure but you may be able to play WGT if you have an iphone/ipad, as well as using the skytrak app. Its the least favorite of pretty much all players in the sim dept, but may be all thats available without internet.

Appreciate the response. I don't have, nor want, one of those phones either and there's no cell phone service there anyway. We live in the boonies and would just like to hit some golf balls with a decent launch moniter. I know with Skytrak that means just a basic driving range but I can't find any info from anyone who's just used that service and would like some feedback on whether it's worth it to go that route with Skytrak or look to others such as Optishot 2 or R-Motion.

I went with R-Motion. I'd still be interested in hearing from anyone who's just gone with the basic Skytrak.

There is no offline mode on skytrak as they check your licence everytime you turn it on.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Back