Driver During A Round

Very course-dependent. A good friend of mine (Johnny Mojo by name) gave me a tip that has helped me play distance holes: Just get to 150 yards. I'm rarely looking to blast a drive into wedge range, and instead just want to put myself in position to play with the shorter half of my bag into the green. On my home course, that means I play driver 8 or 9 times.

12-14 on my home course depending on the wind.

Depending on the hole and how it's shaped I'm hitting driver on every non par 3. My course closest to me there is one par 4 with a severe dog leg right, so 3w/D9 is usually the play depending on the tees

Just went through the courses I play in the area the most and it averages around 8 times. Could be as many as 10 if hitting the driver exceptional well.

Most courses 12-14, home course, 14.

On average I'll say 12 holes, if it's super tight it could be as low as 8.

6-8 times if I'm playing against someone on a tougher course. In a lot of my practice rounds I will try to hit driver every longer hole just to get practice with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than par 3's?

99% of the time. I can think of only 4 holes in all the courses in my area that I don't use the driver.

Depends on the course and tee box I'm playing. Most of the time probably 8 or 10, some courses I play it's maybe 5.

I'm usually around the 10 to 12 mark.

Probably 10 on average.

Wait, if you're three off the tee and hit driver again does that count as two?

This varies greatly depending on the course. There's one course I play at pretty regularly where I only hit driver 4 times during the round, but there's another that I play that I may hit driver 10 times since there is no trouble and it leaves me with a short wedge in. On average, I guess I would say 6-8 times.

Most of the courses I play would be 10-12

Question for THPers.
On average, how many times out of the 14 distance holes (non par 3s) are you using driver off the tee?

Out of the 14 "driver" holes; I'm using my driver 13 or 14 times.
My miss(es) are teh same with all my clubs, so I choose to get the ball as close to the green with my miss.

It's so course and day dependent. Could be all 14 or it could be 0.

When warming up I like to hit 5-10 drivers and see how it goes. If I'm putting a good motion on the ball then it may be driver all day. If I'm not feeling it, I'll leave it in the bag and play my 3Deep

More than I should be but I didn't come out to lay up. :D

I play driver, on average, probably around 10 times. Only reason not to is if it'll put you in trouble.

Every chance I get. It's the longest club I hit so I want to take advantage of that distance.

Used to be 14 times.

Now, only 7 or 8. My 3w is plenty off the tee for most of the courses I play around here distance wise for me, lethal, and accurate.

As a general rule as much as I possibly can/need to. Numbers wise probably 10/14 on average.

At my home course, there are 12 holes that I usually hit driver on. There are two severe dogleg holes where I hit an iron off the tee, one is a par 4, the other a par 5.

For me I would 10 to 12 times depending on the tees. But if the hole is 350-375 or less I go 3 wood almost always

About 6-8 times

Jack

Around 10-12 times a round.

Back