When the Driver is Not Working?

try something else during a round

after, tinker tinker tinker

maybe even put Old Faithful back in the bag

Usually A & D. I'm normally not that far off, just a tweak here and there. Just have to find my timing for that day, so I rarely give up on it.

Unless of course I'm at a THP Event .... then I will switch shafts mid-round! Right @JB :act-up:

D and/or a shaft change.

B- I'm not gaining that much distance with the driver over the 3 anyway. And the 3 is more predictable

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

B and if the 3 wood fails me, I go with my 20* hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver is on a short leash.
D--if that doesn't work I quickly move to B

A. All other options are for the weak. C is occasionally appropriate.

Honestly, this is a good question. I'd probably score lower if A weren't my first choice every time this happens (which was pretty common this season). I'm usually pretty good with my 3 wood, it makes no sense for me to not use it more.

C with some B mixed in. I think I’m usually straight but remember telling you back in March how I had developed a fade with my driver.

Then after a few months I buy a new one to compete. In fact I just did this haha. I kind of think it could be something as simple as having problems aligning the head, but that’s a topic for another convo.

Typically B,d or e for me. Depends on the day, and how the rest of the game is going.

"A". the driver worked than didn't. it will come back

Used to be option D for me, but lately I struggle so much with any of the 3 drivers I have so now I just go to option B and leave a driver out of the bag altogether for a while so I'm not tempted to use it.

B. Go to the 3 wood. Just happened to me last weekend. Struggled a bit with the driver, put 3 wood in play and hit almost every fairway. Went to the range after the round, found the driver swing again quickly, and then hit it well the next round.

A all day. Gotta let the big dog eat even if it punishes you every now and then. Try to figure it out as I go during the round, but never abandon it or change my swing (chipping it down there/slowing it down).

Something in the realm of D and E. It’s not the clubs fault unless it happening over and over and over. Then it’s the clubs fault by default and you have lost complete confidence in it even though there is a swing issue.

This happened to me last week in FL w CA. Wasn’t hitting driver well what so ever. Didn’t shy away from it and hit it when I could (shortish course) and the Friday went right back to it after correcting some flaws on the range. Hit the driver great Friday and Saturday. Fix the swing....you’ll live the club again. Lost complete confidence in it over a fairly long array of time? Might be time to try something new .

D. Usually have issues when the back swing gets too long & tempo/transition too quick.

Slow it down, do go back so far & it usually comes around. After a summer of pretty reliable fade, I had a couple rounds late September fighting a fade++ that occasionally was a slice. Sometimes another fairway away slice.

D: Slow Down and try to fix a swing issue. My driving game is one of my strengths so I usually know why I missed or have an idea.

That wasn't one of the choices.
If someone asks what's your favorite dog breed, you don't say elephant :D

well, I had an answer, but since none of your options applies, I guess it is not desired or welcomed so I will keep it. When asked a question that the answer is not allowed as an option...go to the next poll. :glasses-cool:

I mix of D/B, usually try to fix it in the first 9 holes. If things still are a hot mess, out comes the fairway wood for the rest of the round.

D & B haha but yes sometimes I just keep going with the same swing and hoping for different results. Worst part is that same mis hit, let's say a fade, always goes straight or left on a dogleg right lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Kind of an "A" type person!! Determined!!

I usually try to slow myself down, D, and if i'm having a consistent miss I will bag it for the round and move along B. Only makes the round frustrating to choose A

A & D. I will still hit it and tweak something if it's not working. I'm not the greatest with my 3 wood so it's hard to put the driver away. If it's really causing problems I'll hit my 5 iron off the tee, but there has to be alot of trouble on the course for that to happen.

My main issue is swing tempo getting way too fast so initially D then if that doesn't work, then go to 3W or 3H.

I think all of them go through my mind while I am struggling but D. Slow down works the best for me.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Back