When the Driver is Not Working?

A and D. Driver is my best club in the bag and usually only takes a couple holes to get it back on track.

Everything but C.

Option D or B and then a lot of balls at the range to try and figure it out.

I'm going with B or D. My first thought is to slow everything down and try to get to my normal swing. If that doesn't work, I have no problem pulling a long iron off the tee and just getting it out there.

Try to figure it out / fix it
If it's a one way miss keep playing it but play for the miss
If that doesn't work go to the 3w

Combination of A and D. I have really struggled with the driver for the past month if not longer, but I just can't give up on it completely. I am always trying to figure it out during the course of the round.

To answer correctly :clown: I would say D&E until things got back to normal.

When it gets bad, B

BUT

None of the Above may be correct answer -

Get a second driver for the bag ... 43 inches, more loft if necessary. If long driver ain't workin', go with second driver.

Combination of A&D for me. Happened to me yesterday during the middle of the front nine.

be and/or E for me

B or D depending on just how bad the miss is at the moment.

I won't hesitate to take 3w off the tee all round though.

D and E.

If it is not a match round or league, I will stick with it, because I need to get it working and the range is not the only place to practice. And I have been fighting my driver for two months now.

D for me. I will use B, but won't be for entire round.

D: Slow Down and try to fix a swing issue

A combination of A & B. I'm really stubborn about hitting driver and often I can hit 3 wood just as bad. So I figure if I'm going to hit a poor tee shot, I might as well hit it long (Poor reasoning, I know.). Usually when I driver goes awry it is a setup issue.

I start with D. After a few more holes I’ll transition to B. When/If that doesn’t work I’ll say screw it and go to A and tell myself F. I’ll then look online at Driver prices after the round and at my bank account sigh heavily and repeat the process my next round.

E.

Happened a couple of weeks ago. Just end up going back to this low cut drive. It's not ideal, but at least it works.

great subject lately for me, Driver has been back and forth the late part of the year. Probably a combination of A and D just out of sheer stubbornness and pride. Then eventually if its really bad I would go to the 4 wood and go B the rest of round. But wont desert it would be back hitting the driver the next round.

Had a conversation this morning over coffee with a golfing partner of mine and he was telling me he was buying a new driver because his wasn't working. We went through a run down of what happens to golfers when this takes place and wanted to see where you fall. Assume after a tough but okay warm up, the first few holes are just downright BAD with the driver off the tee. Which of these fits you?

A: Continue hitting it at every chance and expect different results during the round
B: Ditch it and go to the 3 wood for the rest of the round
C: Get very angry and proclaim to your group I never do this, its usually straight
E: Go with the bunt driver and just get one out there
F: Replace it at the store as soon as the round ends

I was slicing them like crazy on Saturday. Didn't matter which driver I used. As much as I would love to buy a new one I know the issue is 110% me right now. I went with "E" this weekend because I just didn't want to slow things down for the group.

Had a conversation this morning over coffee with a golfing partner of mine and he was telling me he was buying a new driver because his wasn't working. We went through a run down of what happens to golfers when this takes place and wanted to see where you fall. Assume after a tough but okay warm up, the first few holes are just downright BAD with the driver off the tee. Which of these fits you?

A: Continue hitting it at every chance and expect different results during the round
B: Ditch it and go to the 3 wood for the rest of the round
C: Get very angry and proclaim to your group I never do this, its usually straight
E: Go with the bunt driver and just get one out there
F: Replace it at the store as soon as the round ends

I remember it's me that hits the ball not the Driver revisit my set up and tee height

A. To my detriment I "believe" I can do better and will stick with it hoping it will work itself out. What I really need to do is pull 4w more often but the distance difference is so great I always default to the driver.

What I really should do go with a 3w and see if I can generate more tee distance with it versus my 4w. Especially since I rarely play 4w off the fairway.

B and then D. If I feel I’m hitting the 3W really well and have, what I imagine to be the issue, resolved I’ll jump back and try driver again. If not I stick with 3W or Hybrid off the tee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go B, but it's a heavenwood. The HW has a one way miss and is only 30-40 yards shorter than the driver. If that goes south then it's a 4 iron. My home course isn't overly long and there is no forced carry of any long distance, hole 4 has pond but it's only 50 yards off the box, so distance isn't a mist but all the trees make accuracy a must.

G. Replace the Shaft and hope for a different result the following round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A first, then if that fails, D.

Back