bstonerjk

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey THP Friends,

I know I haven't been around much lately. Crazy busy with Masters and trying to get Bridgestone all set up with some cool new things they're doing. One of which, I wanted to let you know about. It's called Bridgestone B Fit and it is for people who believe in the importance of ball-fitting but can't get out to one of our sites, or anyone else that just has a general questions about golf ball technology. Instead of just having you answer two questions and call it online fitting, Bridgestone has live customer support for you where you can chat with a ball-fitting expert and have all your questions answered in real-time. Here is a link if you want to check it out. I think you'll find this helpful in making sure you have the write ball for your game. Hope everyone here is doing well and off to a quick start to the golf season.

http://tinyurl.com/y4gajn6

Thanks for the link Bstonerjk. I might check it out, but I noticed just this morning that Bridgestone is having quite a few ball-fittings close to my home. I'm planning on attending one on April 28th.

BTW - I was going to call the course the morning of the fitting, but I'll ask you here - what should I bring to the fitting? My entire bag, or just a wedge, 6-iron and a driver?

It really is up to you Bonk. In most cases you need just a driver and an 8-iron. But, of course after you gain all that distance and accuracy, you're going to want to get out and play, so make a tee time for after your fitting and take the 2-ball sample sleeve out for a real-life test drive. No better way to see how you like a new sphere than by putting it through its paces on the course.

It really is up to you Bonk. In most cases you need just a driver and an 8-iron. But, of course after you gain all that distance and accuracy, you're going to want to get out and play, so make a tee time for after your fitting and take the 2-ball sample sleeve out for a real-life test drive. No better way to see how you like a new sphere than by putting it through its paces on the course.

I'm sure I'm going to like whatever is recommended. I'm already playing an e6+, which has been a great ball, but don't know if I'd be better served with say a 330RX, etc.

Hey THP Friends,

I know I haven't been around much lately. Crazy busy with Masters and trying to get Bridgestone all set up with some cool new things they're doing. One of which, I wanted to let you know about. It's called Bridgestone B Fit and it is for people who believe in the importance of ball-fitting but can't get out to one of our sites, or anyone else that just has a general questions about golf ball technology. Instead of just having you answer two questions and call it online fitting, Bridgestone has live customer support for you where you can chat with a ball-fitting expert and have all your questions answered in real-time. Here is a link if you want to check it out. I think you'll find this helpful in making sure you have the write ball for your game. Hope everyone here is doing well and off to a quick start to the golf season.

http://tinyurl.com/y4gajn6

I just did this and enjoyed it. I guess I hadn't payed enough attention to the reviews, I thought the B330 RX was the same as the B330, just some what better. Derek said the 330 was for much higher swing speeds. He recommended the RX. I'll have to try them out. Thanks!

Thanks for the link Bstonerjk. I might check it out, but I noticed just this morning that Bridgestone is having quite a few ball-fittings close to my home. I'm planning on attending one on April 28th.

BTW - I was going to call the course the morning of the fitting, but I'll ask you here - what should I bring to the fitting? My entire bag, or just a wedge, 6-iron and a driver?

I've been through two of the Bridgestone fittings so far. The first one was at the WGC-Bridgestone Open, and they only had drivers available. The second one I went through, they only had people hitting drivers so that's all I was able to work with on the numbers.

I've been through two of the Bridgestone fittings so far. The first one was at the WGC-Bridgestone Open, and they only had drivers available. The second one I went through, they only had people hitting drivers so that's all I was able to work with on the numbers.

I would think they'd want to measure spin off wedges too.

Bonk unfortunately it comes down to a matter or practicality. What we'd want to measure and what we have the actual time to measure aren't always the same. If you were at our facility in Covington, GA and were going through the full monty ball-fitting, we'd put you on a launch monitor with every club in the bag just about and we'd also measure actual spin performance around greens. Because time is limited and driver is the most violent of all club on ball impacts it is the one most affected by overspin or not compressing the ball enough. On wedges and on chips around the green it is really easy to mask a poorly fitting balls because the impact of swing speed, ball speed, etc. are minimized significantly.

Thanks Bstonerjk - I understand. I signed for a slot at McKay Creek on April 28th. I'll just bring the whole bag. This should be very interesting.

has anyone used the chat feature yet? it's great. i'm chatting with a representative now and talking a lot about which bridgestone ball might work best for my game. it's super easy, a ton of fun and this guy (jeff) knows what he's talking about.

has anyone used the chat feature yet? it's great. i'm chatting with a representative now and talking a lot about which bridgestone ball might work best for my game. it's super easy, a ton of fun and this guy (jeff) knows what he's talking about.

Your talking a lot tc? lmao. I did it a few day's ago and had Trevor, I think. Seemed like very knowledgeable. I told him my THP name was tc and I was 6'2" with a lisp, hehe

Your talking a lot tc? lmao. I did it a few day's ago and had Trevor, I think. Seemed like very knowledgeable. I told him my THP name was tc and I was 6'2" with a lisp, hehe

that's hilarious. Jeff was very helpful and has recommended a ball per our conversation. i can't wait to try it out. i love instant messaging.

Was it a bowling ball? :confused2:

Was it a bowling ball? :confused2:

haha! at least i could keep it in the fairway.

nah, he recommend that i try the b330 rx. can't wait to give one a whirl. i think he was getting annoyed with me b/c honestly, i've fallen in love with the penta.

I hate it when I laugh at myself and I'm still giggleing. He really turned me away from the RX-S and I'm not sure why. As a Penta fan, I like lots of aggressive green shots. High lobs, or low chops spin shots. He suggested RX for me as well.

I hate it when I laugh at myself and I'm still giggleing. He really turned me away from the RX-S and I'm not sure why. As a Penta fan, I like lots of aggressive green shots. High lobs, or low chops spin shots. He suggested RX for me as well.

i think b/c i have a higher ball flight then spin on the greens wasn't a huge concern of his.

I just did this and it was really cool. I played e5 on my golf trip and the ball really did launch higher for me. Too bad the dang water and gators took them all. Jeff told me that this was the right ball for me after about 10 minutes of chat. Couple this with the promo and I should be set for a while.

That is awesome hawk, it's nice knowing that you indeed do have the right ball for your game. I will be doing B-Fit this afternoon and have already been thru a Ball Fitting in March but just want to experience B-Fit as well. I'll post my thoughts on it later!

Alright, I just went through a personal ball fitting online at http://www.bridgestonegolf.com and I thought I'd share my experience. First of all I am glad to know that based on this conversation with an actual trained professional I feel like I can get better results with a ball than I could just blindly forking over $40 for a dozen and still not be sure if it's the right ball for me. Having a little confirmation that yes, your swing characteristics would work well with this ball is helpful.

On their site they have a great online ball fitting test you can go through, you answer a few questions in a 4 part process that ultimately recommends a ball based on your answers. Additionally you can click the B-Fit link to get a live person to talk you through a more personal fitting. This is what I did before the online fitting tool, I was quickly met with a friendly guy named Jeff and he spent 16 minutes chatting with me about my game and my golf ball. He then went on to recommend 2 different Bridgestone balls for me to try, the B330-S and the B330-RXS, his reasoning: (Background info- in our conversation he learned my driver swing speed is around 106 mph)
Jeff: I think the B330-S or the B330-RXS would work well for you. the RXS is a little softer. It's designed for players who swing up to 105 mph. The B330-S is for 103-115 mph. The RXS launches a little higher, and because it's softer, you may be able to compress it better. I'd kind of like you to take the online test and see what it says (just for fun), but you might try both, and see which one you prefer.

After I was finished I then proceeded to do the online ball fitting program and it came back with a recommendation of the B330-S based on my answers. I will say that I'm very impressed with the site as a whole, but to be able to actually take some time and talk to someone was outstanding!

I am in South Dakota as many of you know and I don't have all that much access to the now world famous Bridgestone Ball Fitting sessions so I feel that this is a very valuable alternative. With technology being what it is today I think we should all take advantage of these type of services!

One thing I forgot to mention, another handy piece of this was the fact that when our chat session had ended you're given the opportunity to email the chat transcript to yourself. I found this great because I was trying to copy and paste the info so that I didn't lose what I had just learned. Great stuff!

Glad it worked for you too P4B

Back