Brag about your Significant Other (Golf only)

millsan1

I've figured this game out! Oh wait, no I haven't
Reaction score
Handicap
14?
I am new to golf, and my Fiancee is even newer. She has about 3 months under her belt.

We were at a new club we are looking to join yesterday, and on the driving range. The membership guy comes up, just as my SO hits a 180 yard drive. He says "now that's a golf swing". When I told him she had been playing 3 months he couldn't believe me. She then put out another half dozen in the 170 range.

She can really hit her 3W and hybrids off the ground very well. Great flight and pretty darn good distances as well.

Her putting lines and reads are normally very good. She struggles a bit with pace though.

Two weekends ago we were in FL and she broke 100 for the first time.

I have told her if she ever learns to pitch and chip, she would be a monster.

Now, brag on your SO!

my wife made probably the most clutch putt by a wife in the history of THP events

My wife was actually a pretty decent junior golfer, though never competed competitively because she just enjoyed it for what it was. By the time we started dating she only played maybe 2-3 times per year.

However, the funny story comes via a charity golf tournament. We had put a group together and felt pretty good about our chances, but one guy dropped out last min. We couldn't find anyone, so I asked my wife, she agreed, so I mentioned it to the other guys and they were skeptical, but we were all close friends anyways so they knew it would at least be a good time. Little did they know she can crush driver down the middle (I hate playing with her due to this as she is usually at the same length as me off the tee, but much more accurate). So first hole we all hit from the blues and none of us hit great drives. She hits from the reds and ends up down the middle and just as far as any of us would have been if we would have hit the fairway. Needless to say their jaws were on the floor and they couldn't help but laugh all day as we generally ended up using her drives.

Anyways, I wish she would play more often, but that's another thread.

My wife has not played much this year. A combination of work schedule and an ailing back, she's only played twice since June I would say. We really wanted to get out again this year and while cool, the clouds moved on, the wind let up so got out yesterday.

She has played a couple of years now and sort of plateaued in improvement, her biggest struggle just getting off the tee box. She hits a high lofted driver (set to 15 degrees) but hits line drive after line drive that will catch rough before the fairway and usually not get much further. She has a decent swing just doesn't get up in the air. Had lessons in the past but not this year so she's never very confident in the club but its her best chance at hitting the ball farthest. She doesn't really like her 3 wood or hybrids.

So yesterday she steps up to the first hole and laces one straight down the middle about 150 yards. She says "well, that's different..." We get to the next tee shot and she hits one even better, rolling all the way thru the fairway into the rough. 3rd hole, same thing again, hits it all the way to one of the fairway bunkers that she's normally lucky to clear on her 2nd shot. Sort of popped one up on 4th hole, hit a little too much draw on 6th hole and lost it in the woods.

We go to #7 and I really hit one well... she knocks one right passed it unfortunately into the greenside bunker, about a 200 yards drive. She continued the same most of the back 9. Never really hit a bad ball off the tee all day. I normally give her a stroke per hole, and she beat me by 5 on the day.

Needless to say, very excited and can't wait to play again. Of course, with crazy Ohio weather could end up being next spring...

My wife understands my love for the game, so that’s a big plus for me.

She has a set of clubs, and we’ll take the kids out as a family sometimes. She’s not that good, but always has fun to, which is great.

Took Mrs. Reject to Overland Park GC par 3 course yesterday. She hasn't touched a club in 6 weeks. First tee shot 123 yards she hits 5 wood to 5 feet and drains it!

I think its funny my wife hates watching other women play. "OMG they're going off from the reds. Why don't they just use a putter off the tee?" I encourage her to play one tee up from me so when she out drives me by 50 yards I can blame her 15 yard head start.

My wife is as much of a golf addict as I am.
Her driver avg is 165-170 but can reach out occasionally to 200.
She smokes her 4 hybrid to 150 and her 5 hybrid to 130.
Her putting alignment and stroke looks to me like she couldn't make a single 3 foot putt, but....she is usually one heck of a putter. (I no longer say anything about her putting alignment to her)
If she could get out of the bunkers with any success, she would be dangerous.
She's an 18.7 ghin and won her ladies league championship this year.

My wife had never golfed and enrolled w/ me in weekend seminar "Inner Game of Golf", in Northern California. On her 2nd hole, playing with the pros, she holed out from about 40 yds from a green-side bunker!

My wife wanted to learn when I started again. So for the last two months she has been in lessons and at the range a lot. She is making great progress and really likes going. I have her set up with clubs,shoes clothes etc. we just spent the weekend at Ventana Canyon for our anniversary and golfed 27 holes with a great lesson before hand.

On the first hole she proceeds to drive it about a 185 yards right down the middle. Her best shot she has ever had! It is only her 4th time on a golf course and her first time on a hard full size course playing 18. She had tons of great shots and I think it was a break through weekend. And like Drumdog I say nothing about putting alignment lol it still baffles me how she sinks them. We are headed to the range here this evening as she wants to go hit!

My wife started golfing in 2008, got a birdie and a par in her first round ever; hit a tee shot on a par three a foot to the side of the hole a couple years later; then hit a tee shot that landed ahort of the green, rolled on and hit the back of the cup and popped up on the air anding up less than a foot past the hole.

Two Januarys ago she sealed the deal and got a hole-in-one!

My wife is awesome. She loves playing but doesn’t want new gear all the time. She loves being on the course with me, so we know she’s patient. She’s tiny but very athletic and puts a solid move on the ball. She does not play much but still makes a birdie every now and again - I love seeing her excitement when it happens.

My wife is not a golfer, she doesn’t see how I like the game so much. Baffles her to no end. She’s very excited for me getting to go to The Grandaddy and always supports my golfing habit. I am a lucky lucky man.

My wife is not a golfer but is completely supportive of me playing a few days each week. We had another couple join us at our lake home last weekend and at dinner my buddy brought up that he wants to plan a guys golf trip to Scotland or Ireland next September. My wife immediately jumped in with her support for the trip and who else we might want to invite.

All this from someone who is still working a big job and let me retire earlier this year!:act-up:

Married 52 years to the most beautiful lady in the world. She has never picked up a golf club and won't. When I was working, many years were spent out on the road. Only home on weekends, golf could have been a real issue. I found a group that went off the first tee at dawn. Could play 18 and be home about the time she was beginning to think about starting her day. Worked quite well. Since retirement, my "geezer group" plays 5 days/week. Many weekends, I'll still join the first group of young flat-bellies. My bride has been extremely patient of my golf addiction. Probably best that she continues not wanting to play the game in hopes we can stay friends for another 50+ years!!! :>)

My wife is awesome! We have been married for 27 years and been together more than 30. She puts up with my obsessions! In my thirties I was a golf fanatic, at one point I was a member at three different golf courses. Around 40 I took up deer hunting, my focus went from golf to deer hunting, I scouted and plan for the hunt all summer long. Later in my forties I took up motorcycle riding, long-distance riding. I had two years that I rode over 17,000 miles, 1-year I Road 18500 miles. This is while living in Michigan with a short riding season. Now in my 50s I have circled back to golf, I am as fanatical about golf as I was in my thirties!

My wife just shakes her head and says do your thing!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

My wife is awesome! We have been married for 27 years and been together more than 30. She puts up with my obsessions! In my thirties I was a golf fanatic, at one point I was a member at three different golf courses. Around 40 I took up deer hunting, my focus went from golf to deer hunting, I scouted and plan for the hunt all summer long. Later in my forties I took up motorcycle riding, long-distance riding. I had two years that I rode over 17,000 miles, 1-year I Road 18500 miles. This is while living in Michigan with a short riding season. Now in my 50s I have circled back to golf, I am as fanatical about golf as I was in my thirties!

My wife just shakes her head and says do your thing!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

My SO mentioned in the intial post has multiple Saddle Sores, a Bun Burner Gold and is the only woman to have done the Ultimate Coast to Coast to Coast Insanity.

My wife lets me buy whatever golf equipment I want - no questions asked. It must be because she knows how frugal I am when it comes to spending.

Took her to the range once, she hit about 5 or 10 balls, put the club down and said she was bored and done... And then the most beautiful words "you enjoy your time alone or with the boys"

I kind of hope I can get her into it eventually though

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You know.......I've tried so hard so many times to tell my wife and her sister .........I must have said it a million times to them....."you cant wear those......you cant wear heels like that because they are causing you both to pull hook the ball" But darn, they just wont listen to me.

golfgirl28.jpg

Darn women are stubborn sometimes rollin.

My wife drove the cart for me a few times before we got married. That's the extent of her golf career. She is as competitive as I am and when we met she bragged up her putt-putt game. Lady friend or not, I'm giving everyone I compete against my best shot. I was a plus HC at the time and I beat her by probably 20 strokes on the putt putt course. That was the last time she's putt putted with me, lol.

I think she made me play her in Harry Potter trivial pursuit to make up for it (I'd never read the books or watched the movies:)).

Took my SO to the range for the first time at her request -- She can drive the ball and putt decently. But nothing on the ground went well. I told her if you want, you can just tee the ball in the fairway until you get to the green. But don't turn in that score...

Back