Nike Vapor Fly Pro Irons

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score

[h=2]VAPOR FLY PRO IRONS[/h]Engineers from The Oven set out to create a set of irons that launch the ball higher and farther, offering forgiveness with more workability than a traditional game-improvement iron. Meet the Vapor Fly Pro Irons.
Available on nike.com January 22, 2016.
Available at select retailers January 29, 2016.

[h=2][/h]Modern Muscle technology balances the center of gravity in the center of the face to optimize stability, energy transfer and feel for consistent performance and shotmaking.
Lightweight RZN material enables more mass to be distributed lower and deeper for higher ball flight.
The combination of a variable thickness, flexible Nexcor face supported by a stiffened, FlyBeam-reinforced chassis delivers increased ball speed, with less penalizing mishits for longer, more consistent shots across the entire face.

[h=2][/h]Hollow RZN cavity long irons (2, 3, 4, 5) feature a metalwood-style construction with FlyBeam reinforcement for superior distance and forgiveness.
RZN pocket mid irons (6, 7, 8) utilize Nike’s proprietary RZN material to redistribute weight to combine stability with refined feel.

RZN cavity short irons (9, P, A) also feature RZN material in the cavity of the irons to enable shot-making creativity.

A black iron?? Ok I'm interested.

Yes of course.

Really digging the color combos! Hopefully the Vapor speed replacements look similar.

It's a great look, combining the best colour ever with that dark smoke finish. Can't wait to see how they perform and wear.

What would IYO be the best wearing black finish Iron/Wedge?
Don't they all end up mostly smoke colored on Sole/face?

What would IYO be the best wearing black finish Iron/Wedge?
Don't they all end up mostly smoke colored on Sole/face?

Obviously won't answer for Dan...but based on some of Kang's pictures, the black they used on the Srixon 945's he has is wearing extremely well for how much use he's gotten out of them.

Also the black finish on the new Callaway MD3's is seeming to be extremely durable.

I love the look!

I like the look.

Looking good Nike, I like em.

Wish I had the game for them. They are pretty sexy

Not bad looking at all. Hopefully the top line is slim and rounded off with little offset.

I like the look of these. A lot.

Really looking forward to the THP review on these. I was planning on keeping my current irons for all of 2015, but if these are any good, then they will have my attention big time.

These look and sound good but I do miss the volt.

Thats a beautiful looking iron. The dark finish, the blue paint and the white lettering just looks good.

ce8a87fb8e6cb0b19f1a7171d479bd95.jpg

5b1e8f84da7227739203cc5159cf6410.jpg

5e1c2d58f4732499ed4866fd4893c9f4.jpg

look better in hand than the renderings we saw earlier? I think they do judging by those pics. How long is the blade on that? Seems more compact, Apex length?

Hmmmmm...I'm indifferent on the looks. Would need to see them in hand but I did really really enjoy last years version.

Yep, still love the looks of these! Have you swung them yet JB?

I like the looks of these. If I was in the market for irons, these would be at the top.

look better in hand than the renderings we saw earlier? I think they do judging by those pics. How long is the blade on that? Seems more compact, Apex length?

Honestly in hand it looks the same. Very industrial still. Blade length does remind me of the Apex. That is about the only thing they have in common though. :D

Honestly in hand it looks the same. Very industrial still. Blade length does remind me of the Apex. That is about the only thing they have in common though. :D

Oh I don't doubt that. I like the idea behind the release. Bridges the gap between last years Speed lines and Pro Combo. At least in theory.

Back