Jordan Spieth Signs with Club Champion

That's kind of what I was thinking. Maybe they are poaching him away from Titleist??? I have no idea though. I know one thing, Titleist is not brand agnostic, they like their own stuff a lot.

I don't get the impression of the signing is to promote a certain brand of clubs. He's talking the importance of proper fitting, etc... He has a Tour Truck whenever he needs it and Club Champion gives a "Tour fit" feel for amateur golfers since everything is built specific to THEIR needs and specifications after testing multiple options.

What a great ambassador. This is exciting news.

I think JS makes an excellent brand ambassador for whatever he pitches. I am, however, skeptical as some other seem to be. Of all of my regular golf buddies, I am the only one who has paid for a fitting. Did I see $300 worth of results? I'm not sure. I know I enjoyed the experience, and the education. To the average weekend golfer, having someone who is paid to be fit for clubs on a weekly basis tell them that THEY should pay to be fit might be a little off putting. I know the importance of having a recognizable face/name in marketing, but when it comes to something like this, I think I'd rather see them focus on customer testimonials. Not just in P&A but with demo days and the like.

For awhile now, on Sirius Radio and I assume other outlets, Club Champion has been promoted by both David Ledbetter and Hank Haney. Adding a Tour player or two will further bring awareness to the Club Champion name.
I think what Club Champion (and other premium fit service individuals/companies) are selling is the "experience". To me buying a fitting is sort of like signing up for a fantasy baseball camp, where the customer gets to experience something similar to what a pro athlete receives.

Yep more guys that don’t do anything for me in wanting to fish out hundreds in fitting to then pay hundreds more than retail to have them build it then go to a pro shop and order thru them...when more than likely I could have done a fitting with them and probably have the fitting price applied towards the order

Yep more guys that don’t do anything for me in wanting to fish out hundreds in fitting to then pay hundreds more than retail to have them build it then go to a pro shop and order thru them...when more than likely I could have done a fitting with them and probably have the fitting price applied towards the order

Again, I think people and companies selling fit services are really in the business of providing the customer an experience.
Years ago there was a trend of some high end restaurants putting a table or two within the kitchen itself and letting particular customers have the experience of dining among the working chefs.
Dude ranches and fantasy baseball camps are somewhat popular because they give the customer a unique, fun experience.
The business of golf equipment fitting is about creating a memorable VIP type experience for the customer, and the customers seem to find this to be money well spent.

Interesting I suppose. Good for awareness that’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, I think people and companies selling fit services are really in the business of providing the customer an experience.
Years ago there was a trend of some high end restaurants putting a table or two within the kitchen itself and letting particular customers have the experience of dining among the working chefs.
Dude ranches and fantasy baseball camps are somewhat popular because they give the customer a unique, fun experience.
The business of golf equipment fitting is about creating a memorable VIP type experience for the customer, and the customers seem to find this to be money well spent.

There’s definitely a market for that type of fitting as CC has a bunch of locations and there are several other companies out there providing the same service. Imo the golfer that is going to get fit and willing to spend the coin to do so abd possibly even spend the cost they charge to make the clubs to fitted specs dont need Spieth, Haney or leadbetter to sell them on it.

The avg Joe golfer who doesn’t get fit even when it’s free at demo days abd upgrade ever 5+ years is t going to spend the money for that service. Then there’s the golfer who knows what works and what he prefers but doesn’t have the space, money to buy abd use club making equipment is going to buy the parts and have either a local shop do the work or send to somewhere like will peoples to do the work for a lot less.

I think club fitting is something most serious golfers have considered. Club Champion is convenient for many, and I would expect a high-profile name like Jordan could tilt the bar for many.

Also not a fan.

Very interesting to sign a guy that has a full bag of one OEM's gear when Club Champion preaches brand-agnostic fitting. Wouldn't it make more sense to go with an equipment free agent like Koepka?

considering we’ve read around here in the past the avg Joe thinks Spieth plays at clubs or have no idea what he plays won’t correlate cc is brand agnostic abd Spieth is licked in.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Maybe they are poaching him away from Titleist??? I have no idea though. I know one thing, Titleist is not brand agnostic, they like their own stuff a lot.

His price may be to high for other brands considering he’s head to toe UA and AT&T bag to pay him for limited advertising space but I don’t see him leaving titleist anytime soon plus he hates changing clubs and has been with titleist clubs and ball forever

In the quotes we received, he talks about how he has a tour trailer at his disposal for fitting and club building and thinks amateurs should as well.

That's a good angle...but I wonder if this is worth CC's money. Any guess how much a deal like this is worth to Spieth?

That's a good angle...but I wonder if this is worth CC's money. Any guess how much a deal like this is worth to Spieth?

Since you asked for someone's "guess", I will play.
My guess is that Spieth is receiving $5 million per year in return for the following :

1) Club Champion name embroidered somewhere on his bag , hat, or shirt.
2) 5 or 6 personal appearances at Club Champion stores throughout the year.
3) 2 or 3 rounds of golf per year with Club Champion corporate executives or clients or business partners
4) appearance in 1 or 2 Club Champion video television commercials
5) participation in one or 2 Club Champion audio radio advertising spots per year
6) images of Spieth on posters, digital format pictures etc... to be displayed within Club Champion stores

Not really a fan of JS but he is a good spokesperson so I can see why they would sign him. Hope it benefits them as I'm sure JS did not come cheap.

FIFY.....
Haha. Don't dislike him just kind of neutral regarding him. If he would pick up his pace of play and stop running his mouth so much, which are likely related, I would be more keen on JS.

Haha. Don't dislike him just kind of neutral regarding him. If he would pick up his pace of play and stop running his mouth so much, which are likely related, I would be more keen on JS.

I would wish you would stop talking about me that way. It's hurtful.

Talking of fees charged by CC, how can they justify raising the charge of Puring to $30 per club from $20 per. Increase of 50% for machines that they already have.

Good for JS, he must need the cash, but if I were given a choice between Club Champion and TPI it is TPI all day long. Now if we see different clubs in his bag and he dominates the year next year, I'll be calling Club Champion. And eat my words here.

While I wouldn't have them build the clubs at their prices I think this signing works. I don't see the issue of him playing Titleist only. The get fit message works. I know if the money didn't matter I would very much go for the full fitting and let them build it.

I wonder if we just have a crap location, I would try a different one, but will not be going back to Needham.

Had my fitting there last year. Very satisfied. They run a 50% usually in December around here. Didn’t get clubs there. A bit pricey IMO. Opening a new one about 10 minutes from the house. Can’t wait.

Talking of fees charged by CC, how can they justify raising the charge of Puring to $30 per club from $20 per. Increase of 50% for machines that they already have.

To pay for the JS signing

Spieth will be their primary brand ambassador sharing the importance of club fitting.

I like this play. He's pretty well received, and he's clearly very mindful about what works as he doesn't seem to immediately make changes to his bag.

Back