Jordan Spieth Signs with Club Champion

As a lefty, I have not bought a club that was not custom fitted for fifteen years. We do not get the choice in most shops, so going to a custom fitting is the only way. I'm surprised at anyone under 18 handicap not getting the clubs custom fitted. Over here, I paid $75 for the fitting and got $75 off the price of the clubs once the value went over $750. I went to Ping direct once, and then to the Belfry ten years ago. I'm due to replace again, but need some lessons to get my swing back in tune first.

More important for Jordan to get his customed, especially as his swing repeats , whereas we tend to have a wide variety of swings!

i admit i did a double-take on this one. it seems like a cash grab for spieth, which i didn't think was necessary for him with all his other sponsorship money. i think it will help drive traffic to cc, but the roi is questionable for me. the bigger story for me is that cc has enough $ to make this happen.

My impression of Spieth is that he is not greedy, and only takes money from people he believes in. I like the guy, he is honest and wears his heart on his sleeve. I think he sees the advantage to 90% of golfers in getting clubs fitted and spreads the word.

The fact that Jordan Spieth is a spokesperson for CC, or any other golfer for that matter, will not influence my purchasing decisions. This goes for any product.

Back