Jordan Spieth Signs with Club Champion

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Spieth will be their primary brand ambassador sharing the importance of club fitting.

Seems like he might need a new fitting after getting engaged. Turned it around a bit towards the end of the season ,but still a rough year for the Spieth fans.

Pretty cool signing.

That is big news. He's a great spokesperson and can move the needle, IMO. Hopefully gets back his putting prowess and it leads back to him winning majors.

Pretty penny, wonder how much it cost them to retain his services.

Not a fan of Club Champ based on my experiences with them this year.

Holy moly. That is a huge partnership there for Club Champion. I hope we see some great content and information from them through this.

...yeah that's kind of a big deal there. Look forward to it

Pretty penny, wonder how much it cost them to retain his services.

Not a fan of Club Champ based on my experiences with them this year.

Also not a fan.

Very interesting to sign a guy that has a full bag of one OEM's gear when Club Champion preaches brand-agnostic fitting. Wouldn't it make more sense to go with an equipment free agent like Koepka?

That's a strong move for them, he'll definitely be a good representative for CC

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Does nothing to make me want to get a fit from them and already had no desire to pay for their club building services. Loys of places that can do it as good and a lot cheaper.

The avg golfer who doesn’t get fit probably isn’t affected either and are probably already turned off by the price of a fitting with them.

Also not a fan.

Very interesting to sign a guy that has a full bag of one OEM's gear when Club Champion preaches brand-agnostic fitting. Wouldn't it make more sense to go with an equipment free agent like Koepka?

I wonder if we just have a crap location, I would try a different one, but will not be going back to Needham.

Also not a fan.

That's the most interesting thing about this to me - how does he help push their message?

I wonder if we just have a crap location, I would try a different one, but will not be going back to Needham.

When I have my next fitting, it will be at True Spec in Waltham or with TXG up in Toronto. I understand the pricing model with Club Champion and those other places would be similar. But I can't handle bad customer service and communication.

This is an interesting sponsorship. I wonder how many more golfers will go for a fitting? I have not seen much advertisement in this area, however, I think many would agree a proper fitting can be very useful. The cost is just a major concern. Getting fit properly at Club Champion and then ordering clubs from them is not for the casual golfer. Not at those fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the most interesting thing about this to me - how does he help push their message?

In the quotes we received, he talks about how he has a tour trailer at his disposal for fitting and club building and thinks amateurs should as well.

In the quotes we received, he talks about how he has a tour trailer at his disposal for fitting and club building and thinks amateurs should as well.

I would love the idea, but can’t see many amateurs thinking it’s cost affective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For awhile now, on Sirius Radio and I assume other outlets, Club Champion has been promoted by both David Ledbetter and Hank Haney. Adding a Tour player or two will further bring awareness to the Club Champion name.
I think what Club Champion (and other premium fit service individuals/companies) are selling is the "experience". To me buying a fitting is sort of like signing up for a fantasy baseball camp, where the customer gets to experience something similar to what a pro athlete receives.

I also think I should have a tour truck at my disposal.

I kid, I Kid.

Fitting is definitely important, but cost can become pretty prohibitive pretty quickly, although, I think the value is there for someone that has the money to spend and sees the value in improving their game.

Every club Spieth hits has been perfectly fit to him.

Every club an amateur hits could be perfectly to him/her, via Club Champion.

I think that's the idea here.

Every club Spieth hits has been perfectly fit to him.

Every club an amateur hits could be perfectly to him/her, via Club Champion.

I think that's the idea here.
These thoughts makes the most sense to me.

Having J.S. as a poster boy could go either way imo either you love his smug attitude or just can't stand the sight of him.

But he will add to his wealth which is what a young professional should be doing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They will see a surge in business for awhile.

If you're going to sign a player to a brand like this Jordan is probably the perfect fit. I'm kind of surprised by it but good for Club Champion for making it happen.

If you're going to sign a player to a brand like this Jordan is probably the perfect fit. I'm kind of surprised by it but good for Club Champion for making it happen.

Good fit....

I see what you did there.

Also not a fan.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Maybe they are poaching him away from Titleist??? I have no idea though. I know one thing, Titleist is not brand agnostic, they like their own stuff a lot.

This is very interesting. I'm not sure the value of signing a guy with an equipment contract for a brand agnostic fitting company.
As far as just getting the word out I think this could work well for Club Champion.

Back