PING G Drivers Preview

I also loved how the LS sits open with a noticeable fade bias. My averages were around 258 carry which was 8-10 yards further then my M1 and my spin was around 2000 with a 13.5 launch.

For or my game those were very impressive numbers. I can't wait to hit it some more.

Maybe due to being indoors but the sound was terrible, my club is suppose to get a couple to demo so will throw on my shaft into it and give it a go around the course.

The fairway metal looks great as well.

Maybe due to being indoors but the sound was terrible, my club is suppose to get a couple to demo so will throw on my shaft into it and give it a go around the course.
When I was testing the G30 LS last year, the sound indoors was terrible compared to outdoors.

So the new G series must have a pretty decent smash factor, lol.

68f33a99fb4bd905b322f94bb5b562c4.jpg

Honestly, I didn't feel or see a whole lot of difference compared to my G30 LST. I was testing the new LST with the T65s shaft. My numbers are still better with my current gamer.

Last edited:
Tried this beauty at Golftown today... here are the results! I also tried the BBA 816 double black diamond and the Cobra F6+. Surprisingly, the Ping G was way ahead of the other two. It was a stiff shaft so I would like to try it with a X but overall, great driver!

IMG_1889_zpsenymwtex.jpg

There was some mention early on in this thread about the normal head not being offered in 12*. Apparently Ping has stated they have a workaround. For anyone wanting more loft with neutral weighting they are putting the lightest weight in the heel of the 12* SF Tec and hot melting it in the center/back of the sole.

Obviously this request would have to go through their PingWrx Dept.

Discussion in another thread and the discussion around the g30 releases has me curious. From what I read on the first page, is Ping releasing all three models at the same time this year?

Discussion in another thread and the discussion around the g30 releases has me curious. From what I read on the first page, is Ping releasing all three models at the same time this year?

That's the way I interpreted it - releasing all 3 models at the same time.

Yes, they were all announced at the same time. There were many critical about their release last year (or so) and it was nice to see them rectify it.

Yes, they were all announced at the same time. There were many critical about their release last year (or so) and it was nice to see them rectify it.

I agree. lots of discussion last time on whether they were new releases or not. I like that they are all releases at the same time and let people get to test and see what works instead of having to wait for an updated edition for lack of better wording.

I like the g25 and gamed it for two years and didn't like the g30 lines as much. Looking forward to seeing these in a few months as club clash

PING G Drivers Preview

I tried the G driver and fairway, and came away impressed. I actually found the face to be more responsive that the G30. I was getting the feeling of face flexion with these clubs. I didnt get that feeling with the G30 (very harsh).

Both the driver and the 3 wood are probably the best feeling clubs I have tried to date. Actual performance is on par with everything else in the market, but the feeling is addictive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I will start buy saying I'm not a ping guy and never have been, but I hit the G lstec and wow! Ping has something with this club with out a doubt. Easily the longest most forgiving club I've hit. It's not as long as my current gamer the M1 but only 5-6 yards behind it in carry distance and 10-12 total. I can't remember the ball speed changing more than 1 to 2 mph on mis hit shots. Ping definitely has a winner hear performance wise. Now only if they could do something about those turbulators!

Hit this over last weekend and I gotta say I didn't really notice much of a difference form the G30. They were both really really similar for me. distance, dispersion, all of it. While I personally prefer the looks of this one I just didn't see that much of a difference. I was really hoping to be blown away by this one after all the hype I saw.

I tried this yesterday, at 10 degrees SR Flex, and its numbers were similar to that of the TM M1. Many here are right, if someone has hit the G30 (which I also have), this is very similar.

I'm a big fan of the i series woods, I'll wait for the next driver iteration of that series.

Hit this over last weekend and I gotta say I didn't really notice much of a difference form the G30. They were both really really similar for me. distance, dispersion, all of it. While I personally prefer the looks of this one I just didn't see that much of a difference. I was really hoping to be blown away by this one after all the hype I saw.

Thanks for the good feedback. I am considering buying a Ping LS Tech....and trying to decide between a G and G30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back