Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Thanks!
I have not messed with the swing profile. I just make sure not to play that particular bay.

Maybe you can teach me how to hit "the long ball" one of these days. :fingers-crossed:

Eat some Wheaties!! Gain some muscle... :bicker: :beat-up: :banghead:

I would not recommend harbor town again...lol. Gunner was hitting driver in the right rough off the tee and it was saying OB...didn't make much sense. It was tight....to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was pretty stupid. The ball would end up just off the fairway and it would come up unplayable. Hence the mulligans.

Okay fine... 35 yards longer than me. Brock, Dawn (his gf), Terra and I playing on sunday at ForeGolfers in Holland at 1230.

You and Brock need to tee it up with me at The Links Indoor Golf soon. Name the day and time and I'll set it up. They have a full bar for the ladies as well. Maybe The Milk Man and a few others would join us.

You and Brock need to tee it up with me at The Links Indoor Golf soon. Name the day and time and I'll set it up. They have a full bar for the ladies as well. Maybe The Milk Man and a few others would join us.

Dude, I'm game. Let me find out from Brock. He going on vacation soon. So if not him, then I will just come down.

Good playing today, have you messed with the swing profile setting

Swing profile setting? Is this something you've seen on different simulators or one in particular you're referencing? What does it do?

305 I think for me. Driver is a baaaaad idea around that course. I hit a lot of hybrids and 4 irons off the tee.
What was your high ball speed?

It was pretty stupid. The ball would end up just off the fairway and it would come up unplayable. Hence the mulligans.

Yes or...on inside the cart path and unplayable. Didn't make much sense seeing it was 30-40yds inside the trees right of the path

I don't have the game for this thread. Have fun tomorrow at the sim links fellas. Wish I could join ya but we're kinda dealin with some stuff with MrsV's family. Maybe next time

I don't have the game for this thread. Have fun tomorrow at the sim links fellas. Wish I could join ya but we're kinda dealin with some stuff with MrsV's family. Maybe next time

Hope all is well with the fam Phil!

Swing profile setting? Is this something you've seen on different simulators or one in particular you're referencing? What does it do?

The simulators I have played are provided by http://www.aboutgolf.com/ and my understanding is you can adjust the distance of long, middle and short clubs in the individuals player profile. The default settings seemed pretty accurate in all but one of the bays at Thelinksindoorgolf in Findlay. I just make sure not to play that one but if I ever do I will ask them to adjust the profile for my longer clubs since it seemed to be way off.

The Sim that Certifi_able and I play on. I think is about a club to 2 clubs short of real life. The girl that works there told us the Sim came programed with a swing profile and that you could adjust it. Certifi_able and I talked about adjusting to see if we could get the Sim yardage to match up to real life

So it is basically an over priced optishot when it comes to distances?

From the About golf web site:
FWIW

aboutGolf® Simulators became officially endorsed by the PGA TOUR in 2000, leading to the branding "PGA TOUR Simulators." In keeping with the PGA TOUR mission to expand internationally and domestically, while maintaining a commitment to the integrity of the game, we have worked collaboratively with the TOUR to ensure the utmost quality, as well as accuracy of courses and play.

I would say no. It's far from that. You can hit a shot on the optishot without even hitting a ball. Can't do that on these. It reads the ball spinning not the club head.

Im in for tomorrow fellas

Have fun tomorrow fellas. Wish I could make it

I may need to leave a tad early tomorrow. See you fellas timorrow

Who is all coming today

I will be there.

Who is all coming today

Captaincaution obviously and Maynard should be there as well. I think there may be one or two more but not sure

Back