Favorite Driver of the last 5 years

Which Tree?

Thirsty
Reaction score
Handicap
thinking
I know around here a lot of us enjoy trying new clubs, the latest/greatest, etc. Myself included, as I have gone through more clubs than my wife would care to know...

That being said, do you have an affinity, or have you kept a driver in your bag after testing the newer stuff? Do you long for your driver of yesteryear?

It seems to me that over the last 5 years tech has been really accelerating faster than ever before. What is your favorite driver of the last 5 years or so?

(As for me, I have gone through quite a few but I always keep the Ping Anser 9.5 w/ the tour stiff shaft close by)

Other than my current driver, the Cobra Flyz+ set at 10 degrees with S flex shaft was one hell of a club.

bridgestone j815 and honestly it's not close. i think with a proper fitting the f8 could have been a weapon for me. i like my m3 a lot but i know deep down it's not the right fit for my launch and spin needs.

bridgestone j815 and honestly it's not close. i think with a proper fitting the f8 could have been a weapon for me. i like my m3 a lot but i know deep down it's not the right fit for my launch and spin needs.

I get it. I am itching to buy a G400 Max even though the numbers I have seen do not kick the Anser out...

Epic SZ. I have 3 of them and 6 different shafts. It's been in my bag for 2 consecutive seasons which is a first for me since 2005. I doubt very much it that I will game anything else the next couple years.

For me it was the XR16. I loved that thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 SFT

Has been glorious for me this year

Either king Ltd (pro or regular) or '16 M2

For me it was the XR16. I loved that thing

This was the first thing that came to my mind, but I haven’t really tried anything else either.

Also, my dad LOVES that XR460 as it’s been in his bag ever since I let him try it.

It’s the XR16 for me. Nothing else has come close for me.

Cobra F7+ for me. I just need to bite the bullet and get the shaft i was fitted for so i can eliminate going right.

The G400 Max is the best driver I have ever owned, and nothing else came close. It doesn't always end that cleanly for me in club purchases.

Ping G400 LST for me. Only beat out the Ping G LSTec due to better sound.

XR16, hence it’s still in the bag.

O yeah! Look at the signature line below. I last got a comprehensive custom driver fitting a year ago. Nothing beats it. The best they could do was similar numbers. This club is long and a fairway finder. Someone else might do better with a different club, like those with the jailbreak or twist face technology. But I wear out the sweet spot. The TaylorMade R15's weights are center set in the neutral position and that works for me.

Epic SZ for me. Nothing I’ve tried so far has kicked it out of the bag.

The Epic very effectively stamped out any real or sentimental value I held toward other drivers.

I'd also played the Rogue SZ for 7 or 8 rounds before injury. That club was also VERY promising.

Next round I play, the Rogue SZ will be in the bag to commence testing. But the Epic has/had been sensational for me for so long and played such a big part in my improvement, that I'll forever love it.

Easily the Ping G400. I've never hit a driver better and as consistent as I do with this one.

G400 Max and I do not think it is close.

By far and away, my favorite has been the Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero. A distant 2nd is the Big Bertha Alpha with the Nike Vapor Pro right behind it.

The Epic is still in my backup bag. Such a solid driver.

Ping G400 SFT for me....Callaway XR16 is 2nd place

When it comes to all around favorite I've gotta go with my Callaway Epic. The performance is just so steady and reliable week after week without sacrificing anything.
I also loved the 2017 M1 440. The shape and look were the best I've ever used, and the distance I was seeing on well struck shots was ludicrous.

Rogue that is in my bag now and JGR as my 2nd favorite.

Back