In one word, what do you think about these putter brands?

Judging by the answers for Cure they won't be around long

I think it would be short sighted to judge the longevity of a company based on a couple dozen THP responses.

Just saying I've never heard much about them, this has been my focus group thus far

Odyssey? Options
Cameron? expensive
Taylormade? spider
PING? classic
Cleveland? value
T.P. Mills? huh?
Byron Morgan? huh?
Piretti? huh?
Lajosi? huh?
Giannini? huh?
Bettinardi? fancy
Cure? innovative
Tour Edge? budget
Edel? design
SeeMore? dot
Wilson-Staff? blade
Bridgestone? balance

Odyssey? - variety
Cameron? - image
Taylormade? - plastic
PING? - classic
Cleveland? - value
T.P. Mills? - beautiful
Byron Morgan? - beautiful
Piretti? - who?
Lajosi? - who?
Giannini? - who?
Bettinardi? - favorite
Cure? - ugly
Tour Edge? - never
Edel? - niche
SeeMore? - Zach
Wilson-Staff? - cheap
Bridgestone? - huh?

I could not game a Cure because of the look, however a few guys i saw that had them drained putts from distances i didn't think possible. Consistently... I believe you putt what works...

I answered what I did for Cure (Clank!) because on the one day I played a round with someone who games one, that is the impression I was left with. Their first generation of putters WAS loud. They have addressed that though, and I wouldn't hesitate to try them because first impressions aren't always reliable impressions.

Odyssey?overated
Cameron? Tour
Taylormade?cheap
PING?solid
Cleveland?clearance
T.P. Mills?unknown
Byron Morgan?unknown
Piretti?craftsmanship
Lajosi?unknown
Giannini?unknown
Bettinardi?kuchar
Cure?cheap?
Tour Edge?cheap
Edel?unknown
SeeMore?ugly
Wilson-Staff?walmart
Bridgestone?different

I think some people in here are confusing Piretti for Pirelli. Piretti has nothing to do with tires.

I think some people in here are confusing Piretti for Pirelli. Piretti has nothing to do with tires.

I think it just shows that few know of the brand.

Odyssey - two ball
Cameron - quality
Taylormade - white
PING - anser
Cleveland - trending
T.P. Mills - craft
Byron Morgan - classic
Piretti - fancy
Lajosi - super niche
Giannini - I've never heard of this brand
Bettinardi - solid
Cure - garish
Tour Edge - indifferent
Edel - nothing comes to mind
SeeMore - sight line
Wilson-Staff - 8802
Bridgestone - yellow (because of the grip)

This thread is amazing to me and really goes to show how small of a percentage of golfers know about some of the smaller putter companies and what they offer. I know some are at higher price points but the things you can do with a putter now are amazing. Would be great to spread that word a bit more.

Wow seems a lot of people are really underrating W/S or confusing them with standard Wilsons.

To think that, would be incorrect. They will only grow, mark that down.

I hope they do, never hurts to have small companies do well. Was just making an observation of posts. Having never seen one it person I put "weights" because they are very noticeable.

This shocked me the most. I figured more would know about them just based on being here on THP.

This is me being curious more than anything, no agenda, no anything like that.

What is one word that comes to mind for you with these putter makers/companies?

Odyssey?
Cameron?
Taylormade?
PING?
Cleveland?
T.P. Mills?
Byron Morgan?
Piretti?
Lajosi?
Giannini?
Bettinardi?
Cure?
Tour Edge?
Edel?
SeeMore?
Wilson-Staff?
Bridgestone?
Good post Jman.

Odyssey? Buckets
Cameron? No
Taylormade? Spider
PING? Anser
Cleveland? SmartSquare
T.P. Mills? Mizuno
Byron Morgan? Tuna
Piretti? Overpriced
Lajosi? Custom
Giannini? Pizza
Bettinardi? Bee
Cure? Weird
Tour Edge? Fairway wood
Edel? DeChambeau
SeeMore? RifleScope
Wilson-Staff? 8802
Bridgestone? Light

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Odyssey? Gamer
Cameron? Tour only
Taylormade? innovative
PING? anser
Cleveland? budget friendly
T.P. Mills? custsom
Byron Morgan? who
Piretti? henrik stenson ( at one time )
Lajosi? is he the guy from the league
Giannini? the former mayor of NY
Bettinardi? honeybee
Cure? busy
Tour Edge? they make putters
Edel? craftmanship
SeeMore? zach johnson
Wilson-Staff? cheap
Bridgestone? arm lock

This shocked me the most. I figured more would know about them just based on being here on THP.

Makes me realize there are many things I can/need do to better do my job when it comes to this section of the forum.

Odyssey - Insert
Cameron - Polarizing
Taylormade - White
PING - Zing
Cleveland - 2135
T.P. Mills - nothing
Byron Morgan - nothing
Piretti - lion
Lajosi - custom
Giannini - nothing
Bettinardi - honeycomb
Cure - Big
Tour Edge - Nothing
Edel - Nothing
SeeMore - RST
Wilson-Staff - budget
Bridgestone - gimmicky

For the comments saying "nothing" -- It's simply a representation of how little I feel for those companies when considering the entirety of the putter industry. They just don't and haven't done anything for me.

Just reading through now.. It always entertains to see the people who clearly like Cameron, and the people who clearly don't. Price wise, he's pretty much on par with everyone else in the Milled OTR segment, and for the rest, well, that's where the crazy collectors come in and dictate the market.

It's something that took me a while to get over, but the reality is, those who buy/resell Scotty putters dictate the market, leaving them (if anything) priced exactly where they should be.

Just reading through now.. It always entertains to see the people who clearly like Cameron, and the people who clearly don't. Price wise, he's pretty much on par with everyone else in the Milled OTR segment, and for the rest, well, that's where the crazy collectors come in and dictate the market.

It's something that took me a while to get over, but the reality is, those who buy/resell Scotty putters dictate the market, leaving them (if anything) priced exactly where they should be.

Priced where they should be or not (I agree with you though on why), they are still thousands more than any other putter out there. I don't think I've seen any other brand routinely up for sale for $5k plus, if even ever priced that high. You see that regularly with Scotty's. I think "pricey" being one of the most popular choices I've seen in here is fitting.

Makes me realize there are many things I can/need do to better do my job when it comes to this section of the forum.
Think you're doing fine dude, I knew about them because of YOU. We were discussing #9 shapes a few years ago and you mentioned them.

Priced where they should be or not (I agree with you though on why), they are still thousands more than any other putter out there. I don't think I've seen any other brand routinely up for sale for $5k plus, if even ever priced that high. You see that regularly with Scotty's. I think "pricey" being one of the most popular choices I've seen in here is fitting.
Well, there's a difference between being expensive and being overpriced. If something that says "tour" on It sits on eBay for 6 months at 3k and doesn't sell, that piece is overpriced. If it sits for a week and sells, it's not overpriced at all. Expensive sure, but that is really only a small aspect of the Cameron Putter offerings, and not even one the company is capable of dictating price on.

No different than The Odyssey sitting on The bay right now at nearly 5k. Does that define the entire Odyssey lineup, or just the limited one offs?

Back